EFL Statement

Guest HillsboroughOwlNI

So we have been “charged”. In a normal UK court, the prosecution have to prove guilt beyond all reasonable doubt. The EFL seem to take the route of a dictatorship though, and as we’ve been charged they may as well give us our sentence now. Can anyone actually remember if an EFL charge has ever been successfully disputed?

Who even really cares about getting to the premier league ?? I’m genuinely losing interest rapidly ,  the game is gone when we’re sat here discussing accountants and absolute gash like FFP 

1 hour ago, MartyMcfly said:

Not really. Your predicament is embarrassing. I'm just interested in your affairs as a fellow football supporter and rival club. Just standard practice and I'm not embarrassed by it at all. You're obviously a bit touchy though aren't you sweetheart

Another one of the thousands of plastic pigs who’ve sprung up from nowhere

We might be in a mess at the moment but there’s not a day goes by I don’t thank the footballing gods that I wasn’t born a Blade

Especially now they’re Saudi owned

That club is lower than a snakes belly

4 minutes ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

Then we agree? 

Yeah.  But it's what I dear it will run and run as it's interpretation rather than black and white.  Personally I find it absolutely disgraceful that the EFL cannot rely on the judgement of the independent auditors on the true and fair nature of the accounts.

I believe the swfc auditors are the 5th biggest firm of auditors in the UK, not Jo bloggs and co

Edited by wellbeaten-the-owl
  • Like 1

You’d have thought DC would have had advice from many advisors and legal teams to say this is how you can get over the line in FFP and to have accounts signed off.

Now were retrospectively being punished as either a big example by the EFL or because we’ve f*cked up with how we’ve published this - but DC will still have gone by what his advisors will have told him in the trust that it’s right 

What a sorry case - he can’t do right from wrong trying to get us where we want to be 

4 minutes ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

Do you honestly think that an unbelievably successful and honourable business man like DC has not consulted legal and commercial advice. 

Stop looking for a scapegoat without any knowledge or understanding of the facts. If it turns out to be DC to blame it will come out in due course and I will owe you a massive apology. If it turns out that DC was doing everything in his power to promote the interests of SWFC will I hear from you?

Honourable or not Lawrie...He is the boss..theres no board of directors...If the club has f.ooked up with the laws..Who else do we blame?

Did the same fans who bought Jordan Rhodes give him accountancy advice as well?

Nah..He wants to run the club , lock stock and barrel...He takes the blame

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ReginaldD said:

Just had this from a mate, not sure how much truth is in it.....

Heard about this. The sale was attributed to the years accounts but theres still no money exchanged. 
Against one of the fundamental rules of accounting. 

Your mate does not know the rules of accounting then

6 minutes ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

Do you honestly think that an unbelievably successful and honourable business man like DC has not consulted legal and commercial advice. 

Stop looking for a scapegoat without any knowledge or understanding of the facts. If it turns out to be DC to blame it will come out in due course and I will owe you a massive apology. If it turns out that DC was doing everything in his power to promote the interests of SWFC will I hear from you?

I think any advice Chansiri has taken in regards to running this club hasn't exactly being positive has it? 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

It’s been taken over by parasites who see opportunities for a quick buck ( Definitely not including Milan or DC in this statement) 

Personally I would love for SKY and BT to pull the plug tomorrow and the game to go bust. Once the dust settles the fans, clubs, players, staff and volunteers would still be there. The agents, executives, foreign billionaires, sponsors, entrepreneurs would all have p1shed off to leach off another cash cow and we could all start again and rebuild the sport / game we love with a business model where income exceeds expenditure and unsustainable and obscene salaries were a distant memory

Just this. ^^^ brilliant. Sadly never happen. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, WalthamOwl said:

We should never have been in a position where we had to sell the ground. The fact we where in the position in the first place shows that DC doesn’t know what he’s doing. 

And.... We've not gained. I assume we sold the ground so we wouldn't get a point deduction.... Yet we will probably still get a deduction and not own our ground

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, HillsboroughOwlNI said:

So we have been “charged”. In a normal UK court, the prosecution have to prove guilt beyond all reasonable doubt. The EFL seem to take the route of a dictatorship though, and as we’ve been charged they may as well give us our sentence now. Can anyone actually remember if an EFL charge has ever been successfully disputed?

exactly - we are f*cked. We’ve been charged, this isn’t the norm. Why would a panel of EFL arsewipes overturn their decision for us?

2 minutes ago, wellbeaten-the-owl said:

Yeah.  But it's what I dear it will run and run as it's interpretation rather than black and white.  Personally I find it absolutely disgraceful that the EFL cannot rely on the judgement of the independent auditors on the true and fair nature of the accounts.

But if the EFL agreed to abide by the law of the land (Fessi ban) and Independant auditors ( Stadium sale)!how would they justify their existence and astronomical salaries and expenses ? Seems to me they are constantly looking for battles to fight in order to justify their existence instead of focusing on their remit

1 minute ago, WalthamOwl said:

We should never have been in a position where we had to sell the ground. The fact we where in the position in the first place shows that DC doesn’t know what he’s doing. 

Been saying this for ages

I wouldn’t trust chansiri to run a Bath never mind a football club

8 minutes ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

Who else is to blame that (without ground sale) we’ve posted losses of £57 million in 3 years?

• Thanks 2