EFL Statement

7 minutes ago, mkowl said:

Fully agreed, the latter has caught out a few in recent tax cases

It's boring technical accounting shizzle that you clearly get involved in like my good self, but perhaps what folk do not realise is this is key. 

If you can show the accounts have been prepared in accordance with the relevant accounting standard then that is almost the game. 

As I say could get very interesting if professional integrity is being challenged

Will companies house have an interest is this now? 

or do they not get involved?

D taxis, ELEV8, Chansiri on the shirts and the seats, club 1867, 46 quid tickets, bought a club record striker we didn’t need, no staffing structure at all (CEO etc.), sold the stadium. Yeah he’s tried but DC has been absolutely shambolic financially and this won’t end well for us despite ‘vigorously denying’ it. 

Guest Ferkorf

This thread is going to be legendary!

We already have accounting and tax experts, a few flies on the wall making their first comments on here in years, the mardy bum brigade are out in force with pitch forks at the ready and all we are missing is a bit of lumping.... come on Dotty where are ya?

If we’ve falsified year we sold the ground and broke the rules , fair cop , not a drama I’ll accept we’ve done wrong 

what I won’t accept though is that Derby selling ground for twice it’s value isn’t also a breach of the rules, and to see Villa break rules and get a golden pass because there now in the PL just makes me wanna never spend another penny on this ‘sport’ to be honest 

Corrupt, and anyone who says it ain’t needs to give there head a shake

4 hours ago, TheEnchanter said:

People will defend the club over this and make out the EFL has some sort of agenda against us. 

Sorry but we broke the rules and now we will pay for it. Thats what happens when you refuse to sell a player, overspend, waste money and try to bend the rules. 

Deep down I knew it was coming. Hopefully its a swift punishment that won't destroy our season. 

Well done Wednesday.

Agreed. Our refusal to sell players and the overspending on Rhodes has led to this mess. Awful decision making cost us.

At least Chanairi has started to learn now but its put us in a hell of a mess in the short term.

Edited by swfc-dan

Just now, Royal_D said:

If we’ve falsified year we sold the ground and broke the rules , fair cop , not a drama I’ll accept we’ve done wrong 

what I won’t accept though is that Derby selling ground for twice it’s value isn’t also a breach of the rules, and to see Villa break rules and get a golden pass because there now in the PL just makes me wanna never spend another penny on this ‘sport’ to be honest 

Corrupt, and anyone who says it ain’t needs to give there head a shake

I don't think it's down to the valuations is it? Might be wrong. Seems its more the process and how its been done. 

Guest Ferkorf
7 minutes ago, casbahowl said:

It’s fiesta fancy dress day and this is an inconvenient distraction lol

Anywhere nice?

We are staying in benidorm first ever fiesta for me. Been a good day well apart from this news earlier lol

23 minutes ago, A12owl said:

From DC's previous efforts he may have consulted them but ignored any advice given. 

If you have a shred of proof that DC is an autocrat then please produce it. If your opinion is based on hearsay, gossip and, god forbid Owlstalk “in the knowers” then please reserve judgement.

I have spent several years working in the Asia Pacific region where the preferred leadership styles are consultative and participative regardless of job level. Employees report a higher degree of satisfaction with their job and perceived influence in decision-making.  

Their is lots of literature on the subject if your interested. 

1 minute ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

Derby did it properly.

As ever with Chansiri, we did it wrong.

Putting in the accounts before the sale had been completed as per the land Registry and Companies House. Brilliant

why didn’t the EFL just refuse to approve the accounts then ?

1 hour ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Go down, clear the deadwood and bum the league wont be too bad.

Beat United point total would be good too.

Not sure about that. We would be able to clear the dead wood in the summer in this league whilst keeping our best players. We’d be more likely to keep the poor ones if we went down 

10 minutes ago, A12owl said:

I'm sure everybody will always support the team . Thats what supporters do. A chairman is a different animal. He hires, fires, sets prices, changes shirt colours. 

Even that sentence is a dig at the chairman and the club I fully believe Mr Chansiri is doing his best to get Sheffield Wednesday back to where we belong.   UTO

7 minutes ago, Ferkorf said:

This thread is going to be legendary!

We already have accounting and tax experts, a few flies on the wall making their first comments on here in years, the mardy bum brigade are out in force with pitch forks at the ready and all we are missing is a bit of lumping.... come on Dotty where are ya?

Hes doing DC's books ....

Back in 2weeks ....WTF:

• Haha 1