EFL Statement

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

I think Bruce going was as clear indicator that things weren’t right behind the scenes, I said so at the time. I know Newcastle is ‘his club’ but I’m convinced if he knew he could get us up, he would have stayed. Might be wrong, but Bruce is no fool.

Agree totally.

Katrien going also smacked of someone realising we were a lost cause if we carried on running the club in the same way.

6 minutes ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

Either we take the punishment like grown ups and get it over with quickly so we know were we are

OR DC has pictures of Steve Gibson handing over a large envelope of money to the EFL representatives

There is a lot more to this now than just the EFL punishment.

If proven it will be harsh. 9 points min for breaching in 2018, plus x for trying to hoodwink them

But you are also questioning professionals - who have got a lot more to concern themselves about than the EFL if this is provem

1 minute ago, Mr Farrell said:

Agree totally.

Katrien going also smacked of someone realising we were a lost cause if we carried on running the club in the same way.

Follow her on insta shes working for a Champions League club and holidaying in Bangkok currently. Life went up for her. 

Edited by TheEnchanter
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

I think Bruce going was as clear indicator that things weren’t right behind the scenes, I said so at the time. I know Newcastle is ‘his club’ but I’m convinced if he knew he could get us up, he would have stayed. Might be wrong, but Bruce is no fool.

Maybe so, but then he'd have been a bit daft because the only way he was going to come was due to us making money in any way possible.

Think he left genuinely because he wanted to go to Newcastle, not cos he knew something was off.

As I said at the time, anyone but Newcastle and he'd still be here.

36 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

I'd rather take the hit. Learn the hard way and rebuild. 

Obviously I have no faith in the chairman to know how to rebuild this club properly without the knowledge of experienced heads around him. 

Also we all know its going to be an ugly drawn out process that will torture us, divide the fan base and leave a sickening feeling in the back of your throat. Its hit again... the reality that we aren't nearer to being a Premier league club than we were in 2000. 

So much irony in your post mate. I met McCabe recently- I’ll be slated for this,...couldn’t have been more impressed with the man, as a bloke and a football man. Your comment about our chairman makes me cringe, because you’re right. 

I’ve been supporting us long enough to know that getting the sh!tty end of the stick is our default position . Not many clubs could be run by one of the worlds wealthier individuals and end up without a pot to crap in.

I’d rather have a 10 year wait for the promised land in the hope that Chansiri moves on. 

UTO

6 minutes ago, A12owl said:

Obviously I have no proof  . It is just my opinion which I am entitled to express.

I did say he MAY have consulted them.

As Mr Chansiri is working in the UK with mainly UK people then he should work to UK ethics. 

When in Rome etc.....

You may be right about the working relationships in Asia Pacific region but we arnt there.

So what would you have DC do differently in line with UK ethics ?

2 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

The ironic thing is in principal i agree the EFL need to have regulations to protect clubs and fans, they really do or else owners can come in take gambles and close down clubs. 

But the rules that are set out to stop it are actually ones that are sending clubs under. 

My views havent changed on our owner pre arriving right upto this announcement, i didnt want him to take big risks, but he did, i wanted him to protect the future finances of our clubs and improve long term revenue, he didnt, everything was based around a quick fix race to the big league. The EFL is right to stop these risk takers, but HOW THE fizz does allowing people to lose £13 million per year help stop this happening? its just ludicrous, surely it should be a couple of million losses etc if your going to stop it. yes it would restrict wage and signings but it would adjust very quickly because of player demand they would have to accept lower wages etc.  instead they are letting clubs rack up 39 mill of debt over 3 years periods and thats acceptable....... if they go over that lets punish them with fines and points deductions to make it impossible to improve the situation.

Whoever thought of the idea of protecting clubs from dodgy owners wants a good hand shake...... whoever the fizz implemented the idea wants a large plank of wood ramming up their  rectum

Good point at the end. A plank of wood to the rectum definitely provokes a reaction and changes the atmosphere in a room. Could just work...

Edited by TheEnchanter

41 minutes ago, mkowl said:

Good luck in arguing that without a fight because the potential repercussions for those professionals are huge. I promise you cross an accountant or lawyer on their professional judgement they won't lie down

Who were the auditors, any idea? I could try and check but I can’t be bothered really and you probably know.

Hopefully DC will have have us up for sale sooner rather than later and someone who has a couple of quid and knows what they are doing will come forward.

Hypothetically, should Chansiri sell up and do one, would there be a case to answer to for any new owner as the chargers would be directly linked to the previous owner.

Just a thought, for the record I'm now business, financial wizkid.

5 hours ago, TheEnchanter said:

People will defend the club over this and make out the EFL has some sort of agenda against us. 

Sorry but we broke the rules and now we will pay for it. Thats what happens when you refuse to sell a player, overspend, waste money and try to bend the rules. 

Deep down I knew it was coming. Hopefully its a swift punishment that won't destroy our season. 

Well done Wednesday.

he sold the ground to cover that didn't he?

did no one else do the same?

or have everyone been collared the same?

1 minute ago, dorian gray said:

he sold the ground to cover that didn't he?

did no one else do the same?

or have everyone been collared the same?

Well we are the only ones being punished. So either everyone in football has an agenda against Sheffield Wednesday or we completely fvcked it up and will pay for it. Wonder which one it is. 

8 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

Hopefully DC will have have us up for sale sooner rather than later and someone who has a couple of quid and knows what they are doing will come forward.

Hypothetically, should Chansiri sell up and do one, would there be a case to answer to for any new owner as the chargers would be directly linked to the previous owner.

We've reached that point for me. He's had plenty of benefit of the doubt, I don't think he's malicious but his propensity to make poor decisions is beyond reasonable doubt.

This could well be the last straw for DC but it will not make selling the club easier in the short term as "the club"are technically at fault with the EFL, not the owners. I'm not sure if the EFL action/punishment could go beyond the club and be aimed more specifically at DC from the perspective of being an unfit owner, we wait and see.

Edited by Morepork

Just now, TheEnchanter said:

Well we are the only ones being punished. So either everyone in football has an agenda against Sheffield Wednesday or we completely fvcked it up and will pay for it. Wonder which one it is. 

well you can either sell the ground to cover expenditure, or you can't.

7 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

A new owner doesn't wipe the slate clean. It's the club that is the league member not the owner.