Cardiff - V- Wednesday OMDT

Cardiff - Owls Prediction  

282 members have voted

1. 1. Can we get something from Cardiff?

• Cardiff win
    • Draw
    • Owls win

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 18/10/19 at 18:45

12 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

Really dislike everything about Cardiff, always have done. Would love us to come back with the 3 points. 

As Al Murray said whilst touring Australia... “ New South Wales... as if one South Wales isn’t enough, we don’t want new one... still, at least it’s fu•king miles away” Classic stuff.

46 minutes ago, OxonOwl said:

How do Josh and Jacob compare in footballing terms?

Both can play on either wing, they look very similar, have the same general physicality, although Jacob is 6cm taller and 7kg heavier than his bro.

Football wise Josh has started 4 more games than Jacob, resulting in playing nearly a third more minutes than his twin bro, due to Jacob having a couple more subs appearances. Josh has three assists to his name as well as a goal, whereas Jacob is yet to provide an assist. The football stats site whoscored.com has Josh just ahead of his bro ratings wise on 6.86 out of 10, with Jacob on 6.66, but Josh has appeared 39 times for Cardiff as opposed to Jacob's 9 for us, so familiarity with his team members will be higher. Over their careers, Jacob has scored 30 goals to Josh's 21. Both have played for England youth teams, although 10 out of 11 appearances for Jacob have been made U19 and older, with most (6) appearances at U21 level, while Josh has made 15 appearances for England, but his last 3 appearances were for the U20s and the bulk of his games were at U19 level.

So up to now both players have shown promise, without exactly ripping the leagues apart, but both are very capable players with similar styles of play.

As I said earlier, in the second half I would mix it up a bit and even play Jacob on the same side as his bro, if possible, just to give us a slight edge late on and possibly bring the best out in Jacob and finish off Josh's legs, the way we have seen Jacob tire, when playing from the start.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

Sure both managers will get a lot of stick from the opposition fans because of the teams they both use to manage. Love to put one over on Warnock. 

I heard somewhere hes a w4nker... 

Edited by Daizan10

This is the type of game that if we win we send out a message to the league (and if its by 2 I believe we go top)...... so I fully expect a 1-0 loss as that's what usually happens in this situation.

Hope I'm wrong and Monk gets the best out of them.

Big week, imagine if we di win then beat Stoke going into the Leeds game!!!!!

Cardiff have the second lowest average possession in the league and I think we’ll be playing the better football tonight.  So if we did win I feel it won’t be a “smash and grab” job. 

Anyway, my feeling is this group of players have always let themselves down when there’s a chance to do something in the league, like be top or get close to the top two.

My prediction is it will be like that Friday night away to Brighton in Carlos’ second season when we had a penalty at 1-1 against 10 men, missed it and ended up losing 2-1 with only 9 men.  I’m lumping on that, you can thank me when it doesn’t happen and I lose my mortgage 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Score Prediction Owls to win 4-1 (Fletcher, Reach and 2 from Fessi) - the Fessi is back and with a point to prove and a new deal to win. I would start him though I think he will come on in the second half.

Yes a tv game does normally mean Forestieri puts on a show, Reach scores from outside the box and Bannan is man of the match.

Forgot all about this...International breaks just suck the life out of me regarding football these days, I have even started channel hopping for Brexit news!!!!

Anyway back to the game tonight.

I am hoping for a win and a brief spell at the top of the table, This will be a pivotal moment in our season. We don't want to lose and drop away from contention..