Cardiff - V- Wednesday OMDT

Cardiff - Owls Prediction  

282 members have voted

1. 1. Can we get something from Cardiff?

• Cardiff win
    • Draw
    • Owls win

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 18/10/19 at 18:45

Looking forward to it.

Cardiff’s home form is 3 wins and a draw. But we tend to do ok at their place.

Tough night ahead. Hope Monk’s two weeks with them have gelled.

Hope the threat of FF on the touch line sparks Harris and a Reach into being fully on it.

We always draw there, but my optimism and those two weeks of Monk hammering his message home = three-one win. Fletcher, Reach and a late cake-icer from sub Forestieri.

Good thread Milord. Welcome back to you and welcome back to the football too.

Cardiff will be tough. Looking at the stats they haven't beaten us for ages, we haven't won there for ages, so you'd have to think a 0-0 draw is on the cards especially as it's one of those occasions to climb the table that we normally mess up. 

But what do I know.

Up the Owls.

• Like 1

Not much to fear from Cardiff individually but as always Colin will have them fired up and organised with everyone knowing their jobs and game-plan. 
I’m most interested to see the changes in our team play after 2 weeks on the training pitch with Monk.

Regardless of the result, can we be more positive and purposeful? Can we be on the front foot with more possession in their half and can we create more clear chances? 

Quality omdt mi lord. Back to league football, at last. Would love us to sneak a win, any old way, just to look at the table afterwards. Have to admit, I polled a Cardiff win at the top of the page though. Trying to reverse psychology myself & the footballing Gods. Back a home win, bet fails with away win.

Get some bodies around Fletch. When BB has 2 men on him, find our bloody spare one! Come on Monkfish. Send out that message!

UTO.

3 minutes ago, Ante's Bubbly said:

Sorry Snoots, but although I am very, very surprised that not one single crappy hack that fancies himself, or herself as a bit of a sports journalist, has given us an in depth article about the possibility of the Murphy twins playing against each other tonight, I am shocked, nay disappointed that your good self has not seen it fit to at least give it a mention!

How come none of the local internet hacks that pretend to be reporters have picked up on the fact that Josh and Jacob could be squaring up in opposing colours tonight to battle for three big points in a match televised by SKY TV! It's criminal!

Usually the pilchards that play at being journalists are queuing up with their little stories about brothers playing for opposing teams, how they were always competitive growing up, how they used to fight even when playing FIFA, how the parents had to watch one each when the boys played for different teams etc. You could discover a few real nuggets that make it actually good reading, or you could make most of it up and just put in a few snippets of truth and old quotes to flesh it out, but ok the keyboard journo's that don't like to leave their bedrooms could possibly be excused, but surely big Dom could drag himself out of the offices and walk a couple of miles down the road to chat to Jacob and get a decent story in the paper for change rather than the usual regurgitated press releases that we see all over the internet before the Star can be @rsed to cut and paste it for us. Dom could even get his opposite number in Cardiff to do the same for Josh and make a proper article out of it.

I am very, very disappointed now, but hoping to be very very happy later when we totally fluke a win against a poor Cardiff side that we should have beaten at their place the season they went up. As usual we had far more than our fair share of bad refereeing decisions go against us that day and really let them get back into the game with even Colin admitting that we scored, then sat back instead of killing them off.

Come on Wedesday, effort and flukes go together, work for the chances and the good luck will come!

UTFO! 

Top quoting

If Josh Murphy starts for them, if I were Monk I would keep Jacob Murphy on the bench and get him all wound up ready to go on for half an hour or so in the second half, so that he can come on fresh and hopefully outperform his bro and steal the show.

I would start with Harris on the left with Reach on the right and keep swapping them over until Jacob Murphy comes on, preferably on the right, so that Reach can play on the left and get his sweet left foot putting those killer shots and crosses in.

I would do it this way around (not starting Murphy), because you then get more out of Murphy, in my opinion and by the time he comes on Harris will have run himself into a crawl, hopefully having either, or scored assisted a few by then! I also think that we are more likely to take the lead this way and win a few more late free kicks to click the clock down, because it is vital that we do not concede first. We need to keep in front of Cardiff and keep them on the rack, because they never stop until the final whistle goes.