A cottaging perspective

17 minutes ago, Retired Owls Fan said:

Whilst looking for something boring to read to put me to sleep last night, i found this little ditty. I always find it quite interesting to listen to the other side of the argument. This is actually quite good.

https://www.fulhamish.co.uk/post/2019-09-22-five-thoughts-sheffield-wednesday-1-1-fulham/

Yep, good read that.

He's not wrong. I'd be furious about Saturday's game if I were a Fulham fan.

They have one of the most talented squads this division has seen, and the way they kept the ball at times was sublime...but to what end? Somebody needs to remind them that the object of the game is to score goals, as they were so toothless it was ridiculous.

I saw them recently against hudds and they we're using these cheat tactics then, so I expected the same at Hillsborough.

The standard of officials is so bad now in this league that some managers are coaching this rather than the old fashioned 

" let's try and score goals to beat the opposition".

One reporter I heard on Saturday said that preston used "textbook game management" to grind out their 0-1 at birmingham.

Wilder also uses this kind of thing to great effect.

We just have to sit back and watch as football slowly descends down the pan! WTF:

Terrific write up.

He's got Arter weighed up to a tee.

Treating the pitch like Albert Square, Arter’s amateur theatrics disdained our discipline and tarnished our dignity.

Clawing at passing opponents, blue-mouthing every living creature in sight, disobeying basic requirements and responsibilities, the 29-year-old’s restoration to the fold was vulgar and unsightly

There was a sheer lack of respect in Arter’s outing, a petulance that’s better suited to whinging toddlers in McDonalds when the ice cream machine’s bust, again.

Must admit it's the first time I've ever heard a cross described as a rogue projectile mind you,

..........Bryan launched a rogue projectile  into Kieran Westwood’s 6-yard box but the Republic of Ireland ‘keeper calamitously parried into TC’s path

• Haha 2