A cottaging perspective

4 hours ago, Buddy Repperton said:

I saw them recently against hudds and they we're using these cheat tactics then, so I expected the same at Hillsborough.

The standard of officials is so bad now in this league that some managers are coaching this rather than the old fashioned 

" let's try and score goals to beat the opposition".

One reporter I heard on Saturday said that preston used "textbook game management" to grind out their 0-1 at birmingham.

Wilder also uses this kind of thing to great effect.

We just have to sit back and watch as football slowly descends down the pan! WTF:

To the money men it's win at all costs. .10 years ago my 7 year old started playing competitive football. Their star player, their captain, used to practice diving. His Dad was the coach., encouraging under 8's to go down easily.   I took great pleasure when Tibbs Junior gave him a reason to roll on the floor, don't know where he gets it from.

:duntmatter:

Edited by Sergeant Tibbs
  • Like 1

A very reasonable assesment.  Of course, their whole team cheated and conned the ref for 90 minutes but he's not going to go so far as admitting that is he. I would be furious if we had their front three, expensive midfielders and defenders, and cheated like that. Like Revies Leeds who also had no need to resort to cheating, diving, and, some say, bribery. They did though and the rest of football has despised them ever since.

13 minutes ago, 31Dec1966 said:

A very reasonable assesment.  Of course, their whole team cheated and conned the ref for 90 minutes but he's not going to go so far as admitting that is he. I would be furious if we had their front three, expensive midfielders and defenders, and cheated like that. Like Revies Leeds who also had no need to resort to cheating, diving, and, some say, bribery. They did though and the rest of football has despised them ever since.

Leeds. Dirty word on here.