Atdhe Nuhiu

Managers all seem to love him and you can understand why. 

Won't start many games, but won't kick off and cause problems because he isn't starting, he'll just crack on and do the job.   Works his socks off for the team and no defender likes having an awkward, unorthodox lump like that coming off the bench and roughing them up when they're starting to tire at the end of a game.  I'd much rather he be coming on for us than against us.

Best player in the world? No

Give him another year after this? Absolutely

Little doubt hes a part to play this season,and not just from the bench,never known him give less then his all,leaves it all out on the pitch,granted hes not the easiest on the eye,but hes a grafter and a team player and can get those all important goals,creates spaces for the more athletic to exploit.

Very underated by some at this club

• Like 1

Posted this in the team for Fulham thread: system below allows us to start the big man

On Sat I'd be tempted to start with Nuhiu, just plonk him midway in their half and let him cause mayhem. If he attracts 2 defenders to deal with him at goal kicks then this creates space for Bannan to pick up second balls and do damage and also draws defenders away from Harris to get 1 v 1 with fullback. 

Only challenge is then centre mid. 

Westwood

<   Iorfa            Borner >

^                            ^                          ^

Odjob                 Hutch                Palmer

v                    Bannan                     v

<  Reach >                  Harris >

Nuhiu       v

< Fletch

Would require a fluid system of Reach to go narrow at times to add extra body at RCM and Fletch to occupy more of right channel but Reach has the legs to cover the ground, Iorfa and Borner seem comfortable at covering LB and RB spot with Hutch dropping into CB when needed. 

It's a fluid 3 5 2 but allows us to do 4 1 3 2 if need be depending on circumstances. 

25 minutes ago, vulva said:

He’s a lump, but he’s an effective lump. Defenders must dread him coming on late on. 

To call him a "lump" is not only disrespectful, it also misses the point.

He is a player who uses his size to good effect but is also good with the ball at his feet and is a constant ariel threat.

That's not a "lump" in my opinion

7 minutes ago, np pontefract said:

To call him a "lump" is not only disrespectful, it also misses the point.

He is a player who uses his size to good effect but is also good with the ball at his feet and is a constant ariel threat.

That's not a "lump" in my opinion

Lump, in the nicest sense. Great asset to have. Wasn’t meant to be disrespectful in any way. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mus said:

He was brill and another thing I like is that the opposition defenders don't know how to deal with him, some won't even go near him.  It's amusing to watch.

Think it was McCarthy, who said he's difficult to defend against because you don't know what he's going to do. ?Half the time he doesn't know what he's going to do.

Often thought he'd do a decent job in midfield. Difficult to get the ball off him and he could go on some barnstorming runs. Or maybe just behind Fletcher and a n other causing mayhem?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ozzieowl said:

He did well today. Had his on n off spells over the years but always gives u 100%

love him to bits n never slated him. 

Semedo n Nuhiu always been my favs because of their passion 

As Owls fans we will always have times when players like Nuihu are the best thing, or are terrible and not worth a contract. Nuihu has had a spell when he couldn’t score for so long remember and very few fans supported him during that time. This season he’s been very effective and if he plays as he has done then he’s always worth a place on the bench because he offers something totally different. 

Ive never slated him, he’s not a favourite but I’ll always get behind him. 

Im not sure he’s capable of starting many games, which is an issue if Fletch gets injured, and for sure if he does he needs to be played in a 4-4-2. I think most fans would agree if he is isolated he really really struggles, he needs players around him to be effective. If he’d started yesterday, by half time I suspect we would have been suggesting he comes off, simply because the system would not have suited him.

Despite never being prolific and not being someone who'd ever be described as a poacher he's probably our quickest striker to react and come alive to a ball int the 18 yard box.  

It's the determination I think , like when he squashed Rhodes to score the other week.  

There's forwards with other attributes that might be better than his but he has the one that managers like. Desire to get in there. 

Was calling out for him to be brought on earlier yesterday. It was obvious that their back 4 needed pulling out of shape.This is something he always seems to do. He attracts two or more defenders, he controls the ball well, and , as yesterday shows , he has lightening fast reactions. The goal yesterday may have come from a good Harris cross, but it was of the kind 'get the ball across into the box come what may'.It took a deflection off a Fulham defender, and Nuhiu's reaction was immediate, and deadly..

I think the trouble with Nuhiu is his initial publicity, when, on purchase, we were told. inaccurately, that we had bought a goal-scoring centre forward, and we were all expecting a Harry Kane type of goalscorer. Having watched his career with Wed. this is obviously not true. He is much more than someone to stay in the box and lump the ball to. His heading ability, despite what many Wednesdayites think, is actually excellent. The fact that he doesn't jump higher than the defenders, and hardly seems to jump at all, is misleading. He's got a good start with his 6ft7in frame. and prefers flicks, often more effective.

But his main benefits are that he is difficult to defend against, and he knows where the goal is. Oh, and he's Wednesday through and through.

• Like 1