Atdhe Nuhiu

Got a lot of time for the big man. 

Yeah, he has his bad days, but he has a knack of coming up with something when it matters.

Think he's started the season well. Important goals against Rotherham and Fulham, plus an excellent sub performance against Preston which nearly earned us a point. 

23 hours ago, fatzooma said:

Sell him..get rid..doesnt contribute  anything...

How many seasons and managers with us, hes hardly ever been out of the 1st team squad so to me says it all, hes no world beater but too many underestimate his contribution.

Edited by debram
spelling

Guest Kagoshimaowl

Atdhe has been superb in limited chances this season. 

1. Preston: was excellent and totally changed the game. Could have scored too.

2. Rovrum: 95th minute winner. Enough said.

3. Udders: came on and held the ball up well. Worked well in tandem with Winnall.

4. Fulham: totally unruffled their defence and an excellent diving header to scramble a point.

The only game he looked poor in so far was QPR where he arguably should have scored. Compare this to Rhodes who has made zero impact, doesn’t look bothered and doesn’t even celebrate a goal in the last minute and you can see why Atdhe is chosen above him. Hope he starts against Everton and grabs another goal.

On 21/09/2019 at 17:41, adamnich said:

Been saying the same thing. Great reactions to get on the end of that

From what I've seen from him over the years, he does seem to finish better when he's no time to think about it. 

When he shoots off the cuff, or just reacts to the ball his finishing is not bad at this level. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, oldowl67 said:

I’m obviously biased but there is no finer sight in football than our North Stand when our fans are rising to salute a goal.

with the possible exception of seeing a cheating get flat out on the turf, totally distraught

I LOVE SEEING THAT!

image.png.b3fe5c2f79b83e143dcd614b0ff268f8.png

21 hours ago, Buxtongent said:

Was calling out for him to be brought on earlier yesterday. It was obvious that their back 4 needed pulling out of shape.This is something he always seems to do. He attracts two or more defenders, he controls the ball well, and , as yesterday shows , he has lightening fast reactions. The goal yesterday may have come from a good Harris cross, but it was of the kind 'get the ball across into the box come what may'.It took a deflection off a Fulham defender, and Nuhiu's reaction was immediate, and deadly..

I think the trouble with Nuhiu is his initial publicity, when, on purchase, we were told. inaccurately, that we had bought a goal-scoring centre forward, and we were all expecting a Harry Kane type of goalscorer. Having watched his career with Wed. this is obviously not true. He is much more than someone to stay in the box and lump the ball to. His heading ability, despite what many Wednesdayites think, is actually excellent. The fact that he doesn't jump higher than the defenders, and hardly seems to jump at all, is misleading. He's got a good start with his 6ft7in frame. and prefers flicks, often more effective.

But his main benefits are that he is difficult to defend against, and he knows where the goal is. Oh, and he's Wednesday through and through.

He's instinctive as a finisher, his reactions to the ball in the box is pretty good, for me he's not good when time to think about placing the ball. 

His anticipation isn't bad either. 

Like Winnall his biggest problem has been the type of service into the box we just don't consistently cross the ball into a good area and say, go on lads attack that. 

Under Carlos especially we played two inverted wingers, which meant any quick ball is curling into the keeper unless perfect, or they had to stop and cut back onto there good foot killing momentum and speed of the attack stone dead allowing defenders to gain shape and pick their men up. 

If we play Harris and reach as proper wingers and get balls into the danger areas quickly more regularly I think Sam, Fletch and Nuhiu will have a field day. 

8 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

Much more of a threat coming on from the bench. Long may it continue. 

I was thinking about this: Could it be something as simple as Nuhiu being much more suited to playing as part of a 2? 

That run of good form when Jos came in coincided with him playing alongside Joao, and when he comes off the bench we are invariably chasing the game and so he is playing as a second striker. 

Compare that to when he starts matches, when more often than not he’s up front on his own. 

• Like 1