Cowleys get them in

4 hours ago, domSWFC said:

The thing that both concerns me, and intrigues me about the Cowleys is there style of play. It is very direct, up to the big man. But, coming from Non League, you have to make it work with what you have. One thing they have done, season after season at Lincoln is make the most of what they have. They never got huge money to overhaul their squad to play tika taka. 

So, are they long ball merchants? Or would we see something totally different here with more at their disposal? 

It would be a very interesting appointment. They've been my choice all summer. 

I don't mind either way to be honest. Long ball can be entertaining if it's played right. There's a big difference between playing direct and hoofball.

7 minutes ago, elvin parsnip said:

Just driven past and there is a white Jag number plate R8 LDC

parked just inside main gates in Penistone road - two security blokes were stood near it and it was boxed in by other cars for some reason - could be Cowley ...

White jag ?

3E1D600D00000578-4298214-image-a-2_1489081719900.jpg

In regards to the betting odds, wasn’t Hughton suspended at one but? I don’t think we can read too much into this. It’s a large number of people putting bets on. 

Though I do hope there’s something in it. I have the lube, tissues and the studded leather glove at the ready. 

6 minutes ago, OughtibridgeOwl said:

In regards to the betting odds, wasn’t Hughton suspended at one but? I don’t think we can read too much into this. It’s a large number of people putting bets on. 

Though I do hope there’s something in it. I have the lube, tissues and the studded leather glove at the ready. 

With the media speculation about Cowley being in talks the bookies are going to reduce the odds greatly so they don’t have to pay out so much if it actually happens.  Hope it does tho 

18 minutes ago, archieswfc said:

I don't mind either way to be honest. Long ball can be entertaining if it's played right. There's a big difference between playing direct and hoofball.

Prefer it to tippy tapping it round the centre halves/full backs/GK for 5 minutes before getting it forward.

Get it out to wide men, attack the full backs, get crosses in and have an energetic midfield to support the front man.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Matt_1 said:

I like this thread but I don't think it's gonna get the same numbers Dotty managed for lump on Rowett.

Shame really.

that's because i didn't do it to offer betting advice just my imo that should get someone in  and I wanted the Cowleys 

surprised only 35 agreed  as the later responses seem quite positive now that there appears to be a chance 

27 minutes ago, elvin parsnip said:

Just driven past and there is a white Jag number plate R8 LDC

parked just inside main gates in Penistone road - two security blokes were stood near it and it was boxed in by other cars for some reason - could be Cowley ...

I drove past at 1 o’clock and the security men were there but I don’t know if that’s a regular occurrence. 

8 minutes ago, Howards back said:

I drove past at 1 o’clock and the security men were there but I don’t know if that’s a regular occurrence. 

Also there when I went last, also don’t know if this is a regular occurrence. 

You’re all welcome for this input. 

• Haha 3