Cowleys get them in

5 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

The next time I tell this story she won't be in it.. it'll be a group of them..if not a gang...no no...a mob..

I'll be fighting a rearguard action until I'm surrounded by the loading dock.. only one thing for it... I leap up and swing round the safety barrier and land in the middle of the ....hoard... windmilling and smirking like Erroll Flynn...

anigif_enhanced-buzz-18025-1375450063-13.gif

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Some proper genuine insight here! Amongst the rumours.

It's like panning for gold in this thread. But there's stuff in here. 

Anyway Rusty, we want more detail now.  Did he cower as you stood over him?  Did he apologise? Or chew gum aggressively like Fergie?

An who's that little bald chap in the photo? Reminds me of a poster on here who chins people with walking sticks..

That is Craig Edwards, a notoriously hard man non-league manager.  In fairness they both listened and were good as gold in the second half, presumably because I'd told them that if they so much as looked at each other they'd be sitting in the stands :biggrin:  Danny thanked me after as had it come to a fight there would only have been one winner ..!

craig-edwards.jpg

3 minutes ago, SouthRustyOwl said:

That is Craig Edwards, a notoriously hard man non-league manager.  In fairness they both listened and were good as gold in the second half, presumably because I'd told them that if they so much as looked at each other they'd be sitting in the stands :biggrin:  Danny thanked me after as had it come to a fight there would only have been one winner ..!

craig-edwards.jpg

Isn't he the bad guy from Flash Gordon? Minge the Merciless or something....;-)

Edited by Pablo Bonvin
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Ray Von shabba said:

Wants to continue to live in Lincoln for his family ties.

West Brom and Huddersfield too far to travel.

Huddersfield is 20 miles further than Sheffield. Not exactly Newcastle is it?

But I meant more in terms of the state of the respective clubs. Can't see why we would be more attractive than Huddersfield right now. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, owls maniac said:

But I meant more in terms of the state of the respective clubs. Can't see why we would be more attractive than Huddersfield right now. 

Take your point and Lincoln/Huddersfield agreed compo terms but DC said the job wasn't right.

Only he knows why.

'In advanced talks' says to me he's interested.

Please Please but only time will tell.

3 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

I think the thing is that they're not looking at "right now".  They're looking for the right opportunity where they believe they can build something, long term.

Just now, oz_owl said:

I think the thing is that they're not looking at "right now".  They're looking for the right opportunity where they believe they can build something, long term.

This was my understanding too, which was why I was so sceptical about the chances of them coming to Wednesday. 

It's a high pressure job with big expectations, a chairman known for being something of a maverick, and FFP hanging over us. We don't exactly scream long term project. 

7 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

Not meaning to sound arrogant (actually I am), but we'll always be more attractive than bloody Huddersfield.

:duntmatter:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

The next time I tell this story she won't be in it.. it'll be a group of them..if not a gang...no no...a mob..

I'll be fighting a rearguard action until I'm surrounded by the loading dock.. only one thing for it... I leap up and swing round the safety barrier and land in the middle of the ....hoard... windmilling and smirking like Erroll Flynn...

why not enlist @Lord Snootyto write it for you next time. I'm sure for a small fee he will jazz it up for you......

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

This was my understanding too, which was why I was so sceptical about the chances of them coming to Wednesday. 

It's a high pressure job with big expectations, a chairman known for being something of a maverick, and FFP hanging over us. We don't exactly scream long term project. 

Exactly my thoughts. I would be very surprised if they saw us as that “perfect opportunity”. Be disappointed if we do miss out on them. Think they will be top managers. 

1 minute ago, owls maniac said:

Relatively speaking we have a large stadium and fan base (untapped potential where crowds are concerned).  We have a decent squad that should be able to challenge for play offs.  Chairman has shown a willingness to spend as much as he can, and the assumption is that he would do so if promotion were to be achieved.

I think a number of those things are in advance of Huddersfield (not meaning any disrespect) if you look beyond the current situation.

And, if they're ambitious and believe in their ability, it's surely a positive that they would want to tackle a high pressure job with big expectations rather than one that had a more immediate safety to it.