Cowleys get them in

12 minutes ago, bigthinrob said:

Not having a pop at you mate, but I distinctly remember under Carlos, we won four ( I think it was) on the bounce & people were screaming for his head because of the so called ‘style’ we were supposedly playing at the time.

All the posts from that time will obviously still be archived, but it was meltdown on here at the time, so I reckon wins would placate people for a couple of weeks but the inevitable murmurings of discontent would soon kick in, if indeed they DO play the style referred to.

Think i may have been one, though not screaming just a bit bored with the tippie tappie. :wub:

• Haha 1

We might be a bigger club. We might be in a higher division. 

But man management and getting the best out of human beings is the biggest part of the job. And probably the most overlooked skill set as we all get bogged down with tactics and style of play.

What they have done so far  in their career is to create effective team units where individuals play their part for the common cause seems to suggest they have good man management.

Edited by Lord Snooty
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Lord Snooty said:

We might be a bigger club. We might be in a higher division. 

But man management and getting the best out of human beings is the biggest part of the job. And probably the most overlooked as we all get bogged down with tactics and style of play.

What they have done so far  in their career is to create effective team units where individuals play their part for the common cause seems to suggest they have good man management.

You mean besides taking a bunch of lower league & non-league players, of clearly limited ability, up 2 divisions on a limited budget!??, nowt then i suppose:dry:

Just now, s29wfc said:

Not a direct quote from Cowley himself though about Hull and West Brom. 

It's reported by a sports journalist in a national newspaper!!!, if any party considered the statement egregious surely they would have sought a retraction!?, im not aware of any!!!

1 minute ago, tommycockles said:

You mean besides taking a bunch of lower league & non-league players, of clearly limited ability, up 2 divisions on a limited budget!??, nowt then i suppose:dry:

Erm...that's what I'm saying Corky. You can't create effective team units without having man management skills

• Like 2

Just now, Lord Snooty said:

Erm...that's what I'm saying Corky. You can't create effective team units without having man management skills

ermm, i missed the 'is' in 

'What they have done so far  in their career is to create effective team units' !!!!, give a whole differnt meaning!!, i do appologise!!:wacko::laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, tommycockles said:

It's reported by a sports journalist in a national newspaper!!!, if any party considered the statement egregious surely they would have sought a retraction!?, im not aware of any!!!

Danny Cowley was never offered either the West Brom or Hull jobs. Anyone can say "im not interested" if he knows he's not getting the job, just to appease his own fans. 

Just now, s29wfc said:

Danny Cowley was never offered either the West Brom or Hull jobs. Anyone can say "im not interested" if he knows he's not getting the job, just to appease his own fans. 

"It is not the first time Cowley has been approached. He turned down offers from West Brom and Hull in the summer and has previously been linked with Barnsley and Ipswich"

So as far as you're concerned you have better contacts than a journalist, and know definitively they were NEVER offered the jobs???, ok, fair do's :wacko:

ermm, i missed the 'is' in 

'What they have done so far  in their career is to create effective team units' !!!!, give a whole differnt meaning!!, i do appologise!!:wacko::laugh:

No prombles cockles!

Either way. 5 promotions isn't to be sniffed at!

He said last night they were waiting for the perfect opportunity. Part of the perfection they are looking at could be location as their families are settled in the area and don't want to move

West Brom is a 200 mile daily commute around Birmingham

Huddersfield is 150 mile commute and add into that they don't seem to be splashing the cash under the new owner

Hull is obviously nearer but with their current owner would any sensible aspiring manager want that job

Forrest sacked the manager and appointed another one within 10 minutes so doubt they were ever under consideration

Derby seemed to want Cocu from the outset 

Boro see commute issue above

Sheffield is commutable for them on a daily basis and also has an ambitious chairman who want to get to the premier league

This would be a big boost to the club in the short term and a nice Birthday present for us. The question will be is whether it can keep giving long term and we get the ultimate gift of promotion. 

They have as good a chance as any and this would have my full backing. Please get them DC. 

1 minute ago, tommycockles said:

"It is not the first time Cowley has been approached. He turned down offers from West Brom and Hull in the summer and has previously been linked with Barnsley and Ipswich"

So as far as you're concerned you have better contacts than a journalist, and know definitively they were NEVER offered the jobs???, ok, fair do's :wacko:

I have never claimed to be in the know on anything on this site but on this occasion I can guarantee he's not been offered any championship job apart from Huddersfield.

1 minute ago, yeadonowl said:

He said last night they were waiting for the perfect opportunity. Part of the perfection they are looking at could be location as their families are settled in the area and don't want to move

Huddersfield is 150 mile commute and add into that they don't seem to be splashing the cash under the new owner

Hull is obviously nearer but with their current owner would any sensible aspiring manager want that job

Forrest sacked the manager and appointed another one within 10 minutes so doubt they were ever under consideration

Sheffield is commutable for them on a daily basis and also has an ambitious chairman who want to get to the premier league

Talking sense alert 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, yeadonowl said:

You could be absolutely right, think we often forget that managers have a life outside of football. 

3 minutes ago, s29wfc said:

I have never claimed to be in the know on anything on this site but on this occasion I can guarantee he's not been offered any championship job apart from Huddersfield.

How do you 'guarantee'????, as a direct contradiction to a sports journo who's worked at mail & independant??, just curious??

Edited by tommycockles

How do you 'guarantee'????, as a direct contradiction to a sports journo who's worked at mail & independant??, just curious??

Family members within Lincoln City football club. All I am prepared to say. 

14 minutes ago, s29wfc said:

Not a direct quote from Cowley himself though about Hull and West Brom. 

12 minutes ago, tommycockles said:

Sorry Tommy, while it may or may not be true about Hull and West Brom, I certainly wouldn't take something as fact just because a journalist for a national newspaper wrote it. Their job is to stir up interest to get clicks, sell papers, etc. I have to agree with s29wfc's. I always scan an article for the quotes, that's where the truth is (and even then it can be chopped up and misrepresented). Anything else is just a journalists opinion, which I couldn't really care less about.