Cowleys get them in

4 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Not meaning to sound arrogant (actually I am), but we'll always be more attractive than bloody Huddersfield.

:duntmatter:

Maybe historically but right now they are minted with parachute payments, will have invested in facilities to bring them up to PL standards etc.

They do have a director of football, and I wonder if this was something that turned them off. 

Don't get me wrong, I would be delighted if they do come. Just trying to look at things objectively. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

They do have a director of football, and I wonder if this was something that turned them off.

^^This is a good point^^

I wonder how many other managers would hesitate if a DoF ran the recruiment show........Fortunately we are free from that

6 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

Maybe historically but right now they are minted with parachute payments, will have invested in facilities to bring them up to PL standards etc.

Don't get me wrong, I would be delighted if they do come. Just trying to look at things objectively. 

Yes, but they're Huddersfield.

:duntmatter:

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

Huddersfield is 20 miles further than Sheffield. Not exactly Newcastle is it?

But I meant more in terms of the state of the respective clubs. Can't see why we would be more attractive than Huddersfield right now. 

20 miles it may be but on the roads there it's another 30 or 40 minutes. Having spent the last few years driving an hour and half each way to work I can say it makes a big difference. His kids are in school in Lincoln etc so it could be something he considers