Those who want Bullen to stay as Manager I ask you why?

• Got the team working as a unit

• Has the support of the players

• Sees a problem and rectified it 

• 3 wins from 4 

Against Millwall with the possession and shots in any other game if we had taken the chances - Bullen can’t score the goals too but set the team up to pepper Millwall and they did. We would have scored 4/5 it was just one of those games.

Against Luton, shocking first half Jos style, under Jos this would have continued. We all wanted change at half time but he stuck with the team saw the problem and rectified it at half time. Second half same team but different style of play.

His record would over a season average 76 points plus, he knows the club, knows the players and knows their strengths and weakness.

Don’t try to fix what isn’t broken because if you do you may break what wasn’t broken. 

On what planet would anyone expect Sheffield fecking wednesday to win all four of our opening games regardless of who we were playing?

I wouldn't expect this team to win all four of their opening games if we were in league one. 

Millwall away is very very tough game for anyone. The den is a horrible place to play in for away sides. 

• Like 1

I love the idea that is still espoused on here, despite all the evidence to the contrary, that there are easy games & hard games in the championship.

Usually accompanied before OR after games with “We should be beating teams like this”.

Goldfishtalk

7 second memory’s!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ... said:

I don’t get it? Great guy but I genuinely believe we should have won all 4 and just because he’s won 3/4 that doesn’t warrant him keeping the job 

All 4 teams where there for the taking and Lee did is job to a degreebut we would have expected that from anyone in charge, if I was in charge I would have expected 4 wins it’s been our easiest start for years! 

Hes a a great guy but fills me with no confidence, there’s been cracks in every game and they will get bigger and bigger. Soon as we start playing tougher opposition and we will the results will dry up and everyone is going to turn on Bullen and Chansiri like you’ve never known and instead of being “Mr Sheffield Wednesday” he will be out of work. 

Neg away but end of the day I said this since well before the season started.

Ay up Dotty , when are we announcing Rowett ? 

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Road Runner said:

[snip]

Against Millwall with the possession and shots in any other game if we had taken the chances - Bullen can’t score the goals too but set the team up to pepper Millwall and they did. We would have scored 4/5 it was just one of those games.

[snip]

They restricted us to poor quality chances, though. Lots of speculative shooting - as xG vs attempts shows. We weren't _really_ creating. In general, we are neither particularly profligate nor clinical this year (so we aren't where we are by fluke, although I agree that on paper we have had an easyish set of fixtures to start with)

You can't put that all on the manager, though. Better players than ours can struggle to get past a team that's parked the bus like Milwall did. Just one of those days.

3 hours ago, ... said:

I don’t get it? Great guy but I genuinely believe we should have won all 4 and just because he’s won 3/4 that doesn’t warrant him keeping the job 

All 4 teams where there for the taking and Lee did is job to a degreebut we would have expected that from anyone in charge, if I was in charge I would have expected 4 wins it’s been our easiest start for years! 

Hes a a great guy but fills me with no confidence, there’s been cracks in every game and they will get bigger and bigger. Soon as we start playing tougher opposition and we will the results will dry up and everyone is going to turn on Bullen and Chansiri like you’ve never known and instead of being “Mr Sheffield Wednesday” he will be out of work. 

Jesus, you get a little attention & now you just can’t stop yourself can you?

Whats next, showing yer t1ts off on Big Brother?

Edited by Yellowbelly
  • Haha 1

Given that Sky bets had us down to finish 24th at the end it the season it’s quite interesting that you think that the first four fixtures were “easy” and that we should have 12 points in the bag already.

The gulf in expectation between fans , pundits and betting analysts is often quite remarkable !!

4 hours ago, ... said:

I've just run this post through google translator and it came back as "I don't want anyone unless it's Rowett".

:image:

• Haha 2

That Sheffield Wednesday fans can look at any opening set of fixtures and declare them as "easy" is absolutely baffling to me. I've been actively watching this club for about 25 years now and can comfortably count the number of memorably good starts on one hand.. with fingers to spare. Generally speaking, any Sheffield Wednesday start to the season has got a win, 2-3 draws and a couple of weird/frustrating defeats written allover it. 

You can only beat what you play. We've done so 3 times out of 4. And to be honest I think you can make a solid argument for all 3 of the sides we've beaten coming good later in the season. Reading appear to have already started. 

In general though I don't understand the clamour to name a manager in general, be it Bullen or anyone else. Bullen is the gaffer right now and that appears to be understood and appreciated quite clearly by the players. At least while things are heading in the right direction, why upset the apple cart or make commitments either way?

6 hours ago, ... said:

Not negged you, not that, that would have any meaning; But who is this manager that would have won four on the bounce ?  

6 hours ago, ... said:

You have said quite alot and none of it turned out to be true

6 hours ago, ... said:

...end of the day I said this since well before the season started.

Probably after 3 wins out of 4 it’s not the best time to say “I told you so” about this particular matter.

I like how Bullen takes positive action when he needs to. Against Reading and Barnsley the game plan was working so he stuck to it. Against Millwall we had a right go at it and though we didn’t make the breakthrough it was not for want of trying. Against Luton at half time he transformed us from second best to match winners.

We haven’t had a manager who gets to grips with a game like that for a long time 

Also I like how he rests players when they take knocks. Speeds recovery time and keeps fringe players motivated 

4 hours ago, Road Runner said:

• Got the team working as a unit

• Has the support of the players

• Sees a problem and rectified it 

• 3 wins from 4 

Against Luton, shocking first half Jos style, under Jos this would have continued. We all wanted change at half time but he stuck with the team saw the problem and rectified it at half time. Second half same team but different style of play.

His record would over a season average 76 points plus, he knows the club, knows the players and knows their strengths and weakness.

Don’t try to fix what isn’t broken because if you do you may break what wasn’t broken. 

In a nutshell...