Those who want Bullen to stay as Manager I ask you why?

Just now, asteener1867 said:

might be the way forward Snoots..I know as a member of the aristocracy you may be against any sort of "Collective"..but it could work in the short term...

I think for managers in this position, the best thing to do in those sorts of situations is to do what women always do.

Ask opinion, pretend to listen , nod sagely and then do what you were going to do anyway.

It's often the illusion of being involved and listened to that eases the way!

• Haha 3

I want Bullen to stay because he shouldn't really be a divisive figure... And yet some how he is?!? He's Mr Sheffield Wednesday. A loyal servant to the club. And has already shown he knows how to win football matches at Wednesday. 

He has worked with Bruce, Carlos and Sturrock, all successful coaches to varying degrees at Wednesday. He's experienced promotion at Wednesday, all be it at League One level. We played with wingers that year, so he knows what type of football works at Hillsborough. JP McGovern had a right season that year. Kadeem Harris is the new JP McGovern. 

He's come in twice in the last couple of years and stopped the rot, immediately seeing what was causing the problem. 

After the Bruce debacle, the one thing it should have taught us is that there are two types of football people, mercenaries and those which are loyal and have an ifinity to the club, and to the City. Bullen is definitely the latter and his time is now. 

:image:

3 wins out of 4.

Bullen is right that everybody needs to pull in the same direction. The club have won 3 out of 4 and conceded just 3 goals so far. We need to get behind them and stop with this negativity. Particularly when there is nothing to be negative about! 

Bullen is proving tactically he’s no mug and so far has impressed me with his substitutions. More so than Carlos ever did. 

Bullen is the man. Get an experience coach along side him to help and we’ll be up there.

1 minute ago, Ozymandias Owl said:

I want Bullen to stay because he shouldn't really be a divisive figure... And yet some how he is?!? He's Mr Sheffield Wednesday. A loyal servant to the club. And has already shown he knows how to win football matches at Wednesday. 

He has worked with Bruce, Carlos and Sturrock, all successful coaches to varying degrees at Wednesday. He's experienced promotion at Wednesday, all be it at League One level. We played with wingers that year, so he knows what type of football works at Hillsborough. JP McGovern had a right season that year. Kadeem Harris is the new JP McGovern. 

He's come in twice in the last couple of years and stopped the rot, immediately seeing what was causing the problem. 

After the Bruce debacle, the one thing it should have taught us is that there are two types of football people, mercenaries and those which are loyal and have an ifinity to the club, and to the City. Bullen is definitely the latter and his time is now. 

:image:

very true, recently with sufc the loyalty of CW has given them the extra push they needed for promotion. As much as i hate him. He has no attributes that strike you as a good manager, but his loyalty and commitment has been matched b y his team. With the squad now having the players its the commitment which will bring the best out of them.

5 minutes ago, hirstys_achilles said:

Ouch !!! well remembered. 5000 words on that ????? Did you pass ????? Is it IRA  related ?? My english literature knowledge is poor

Yes I did pass lol  There's lots to write about starting off with the two separate cemeteries which both have graves which start with " Murdered by the ..."

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

Yes I did pass lol  There's lots to write about starting off with the two separate cemeteries which both have graves which start with " Murdered by the ..."

How do you get 2 cemeteries, the poem says murdered by my ?? should it be the brother ?? or am i really bad at lit

To me Bullen loves SWFC like the Rest of us, but for me I love him Coaching, I want a new Manager , because I think the Squad if used Correctly will get top6 this Season, and then who knows after that , Bully like us wants to plays the old favourites 1st. 

While ever he has the backing of the players and getting results I'll back him until there's a change or he gets the job, 3 wins from four will do for me and if we keep it going he'll get 100% support from me, I don't care who we bring in they would never win them all it's a bloody hard league.

9 hours ago, stocksyuto said:

Preston on the weekend will be a big test, we always have a nightmare at their place, not won away to these since 2011 in league 1 lol .

That's probably becouse for a few years they had a better side. 

Under Carlos and Jos we just tippy tappied about and they were allowed to boss us, bully and under the cosh we had no out ball to anyone with real pace to be able to quickly counter and turn them around. 

Personally Im looking forward to playing one of the better sides that will come at us at their place push forward and attack. 

Then we can really see how effective we can be at holding our shape defncivly with borner and Lees then allowing bazza to smash some Hollywood balls down the channels into space for Murphy & Harris to run onto. 

We saw glimpses of how effective it can be against reading on the opening day. 

1 minute ago, saywended said:

To me Bullen loves SWFC like the Rest of us, but for me I love him Coaching, I want a new Manager , because I think the Squad if used Correctly will get top6 this Season, and then who knows after that , Bully like us wants to plays the old favourites 1st. 

A new manager may want his own coach ?? I not sure about favouritism, I hope he plays who he thinks is best. His faith in Westwood has brought about a improvement in him. Apart from recently. A new manager will lose some of the qualities LB brings to the table. He needs more time and faith. I think DC will give him the chance he needs. Will the fans ?? While ever we winning yes. 

Just now, shezzas left peg said:

That's probably becouse for a few years they had a better side. 

Under Carlos and Jos we just tippy tappied about and they were allowed to boss us, bully and under the cosh we had no out ball to anyone with real pace to be able to quickly counter and turn them around. 

Personally Im looking forward to playing one of the better sides that will come at us at their place push forward and attack. 

Then we can really see how effective we can be at holding our shape defncivly with borner and Lees then allowing bazza to smash some Hollywood balls down the channels into space for Murphy & Harris to run onto. 

We saw glimpses of how effective it can be against reading on the opening day. 

I see PNE as our bogey side. Its possibly the worst side atm we could face for LB. Nobody can judge LB on one game, specially PNE. The tactics need to be right, but just as important is the attitude and commitment. Dont expect exhibition football. Lets hope we get some more points !!!

1 minute ago, hirstys_achilles said:

A new manager may want his own coach ?? I not sure about favouritism, I hope he plays who he thinks is best. His faith in Westwood has brought about a improvement in him. Apart from recently. A new manager will lose some of the qualities LB brings to the table. He needs more time and faith. I think DC will give him the chance he needs. Will the fans ?? While ever we winning yes. 

I've been saying after the opening day agianst reading to give him until just shy of the international break to stake a claim or 10 games. 

Personally though I'd like to see Dc bring him some help in, maybe a director of football with plenty of knowledge and just keep Bullen as Head coach to deal with the playing side. 

Just now, shezzas left peg said:

I've been saying after the opening day agianst reading to give him until just shy of the international break to stake a claim or 10 games. 

Personally though I'd like to see Dc bring him some help in, maybe a director of football with plenty of knowledge and just keep Bullen as Head coach to deal with the playing side. 

Thats an idea. Bit of a shake up for something thats not broken - yet !!

Just now, hirstys_achilles said:

I see PNE as our bogey side. Its possibly the worst side atm we could face for LB. Nobody can judge LB on one game, specially PNE. The tactics need to be right, but just as important is the attitude and commitment. Dont expect exhibition football. Lets hope we get some more points !!!

Preston are one of those teams where bully has to get them up for a battle as they always battle hard and physically. 

For me we need to dig in and find one of those old SG style alamo stlye defencive displays, hopefully keep a clean sheet and nick a goal or two on the break. 

I seem to remember something similar happening at another club when they was going well. It all ended badly as nobody really knew who had the final say. Too many cooks etc. Footballers are creatures of habit and new systems and management styles can cause conflict. I think the old manager and coach suits us best

2 minutes ago, shezzas left peg said:

Preston are one of those teams where bully has to get them up for a battle as they always battle hard and physically. 

For me we need to dig in and find one of those old SG style alamo stlye defencive displays, hopefully keep a clean sheet and nick a goal or two on the break. 

yeah agreed. Cant see LB setting up for a tippy tappy tactic against them again

3 minutes ago, hirstys_achilles said:

Thats an idea. Bit of a shake up for something thats not broken - yet !!

He's learning and coming on nicely as a head coach, but to be fair I'm not sure he had much involvement of the summer signings since Bruce brought 3 of them in. 

Im just thinking that bit of extra help to ease the burden and do the business/infrastructure side of things allowing him to focus for now on training, strategy tactics and man management would be of value.