Those who want Bullen to stay as Manager I ask you why?

Bullens never had time to mould, never mind build his own team.

Sure theres a chance he might make a reight old mess of it, but he has always mainly worked with what others have bought...at a time when the club is in turmoil.

He may well get sacked eventually, we may get another manager and lee bullen could return to his former role.

What i reckon you can count on..he wouldn't show such disdain and disloyalty to the club and the fans as Bruce did.

Seems that counts for nowt in todays football, maybe it should count for nowt, expecially if someone was royally f.ooking up...But

Top of the league and 3 wins out of 4?

Some won't even give him the option of giving it a go for a couple of months?...No-one else is on the horizon?

pathetic

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Utah Owl said:

You would like to think so, but currently I think he's being judged on two poor performances 2 years ago and the fact that he is seen as the cheap option. Let's hope results over the next few weeks are positive and the fans calm down somewhat.

35 years ago most of the fans were totally underwhelmed when Howard Wilkinson got the manager's job but it certainly did us no harm and he had only one season in charge at Notts County prior to that. In fact some of us on here (self-included) were judging the appointment based on the fact that 5 or 6 years earlier he had been our school teacher!

what was he like ??? i like to know. I also went to school with some people who were in football

1 minute ago, daveyboy66 said:

I once had to write a 5,000 word essay on a two line poem...so waffling is usually my forte lol 

Yes we know!

Sorry given the way you set it up I just couldn't resist!

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

Just a slight alteration.....................................after all this is the championship we're talking about.

Fair enough but we need to be more clinical. A good example is closing out games when winning. We give away possession to easily.

7 minutes ago, hirstys_achilles said:

what was he like ??? i like to know. I also went to school with some people who were in football

To be fair even then you could tell he knew exactly what he was doing and he had a great sense of humour to go with it. Very well respected by all of us so although the appointment took us by surprise we were all rooting for him to be a success.

The school was Abbeydale Grange and for the time he was there we were up there with Mexborough Grammar as the top team in the county. Left us to become head coach for Nottingham County FA and from there went to Notts County. The rest as they say is history.

My favourite Wednesday manager and the 83/84 season is still my favourite season.

Let's hope LB proves to be  a similar success story.

Edited by Utah Owl

2 minutes ago, heppers said:

Fair enough but we need to be more clinical. A good example is closing out games when winning. We give away possession to easily.

Hopefully the team will gel. The tactic from LB was definitely not please give the ball away !!! Overall the tactics was right. We not yet cohesive enough for all out attacking football tactics.  After 4 games the squad looks good. With Lee fit and the speedy new guys, tough centre half and ioarfa, odo i cant spell his name and all the other new guys we can see its going to get better. They just need some time. If we can keep winning in the meantime then we can look forward to having a good season

5 minutes ago, Utah Owl said:

To be fair even then you could tell he knew exactly what he was doing and he had a great sense of humour to go with it. Very well respected by all of us so although the appointment took us by surprise we were all rooting for him to be a success.

The school was Abbeydale Grange and for the time he was there we were up there with Mexborough Grammar as the top team in the county. Left us to become head coach for Nottingham County FA and from there went to Notts County. The rest as they say is history.

My favourite Wednesday manager and the 83/84 season is still my favourite season.

Let's hope LB proves to be  a similar success story.

Thank you. Very interesting. On the flip side my careers teacher was the england youth coach (it was a part time position then). He was terrible. Knew nothing about football or skill. Me and a few other pupils had signed youth forms. We could not believe he was coach. But it was true. Just shows how the england set up has vastly improved. The sight of his skinny white legs in short canvas shorts with a whistle in his mouth is imprinted in my mind for all the wrong reasons.

Anyone worried that Bullen may be a bit like CC in that he has his favourites and is afraid of dropping them? I’m amazed that FF didn’t travel to Millwall or get any game time last night. But I also thought Nuhiu was a fave but he was dropped last night so I was wrong there. 

1 minute ago, hatcheeks said:

Anyone worried that Bullen may be a bit like CC in that he has his favourites and is afraid of dropping them? I’m amazed that FF didn’t travel to Millwall or get any game time last night. But I also thought Nuhiu was a fave but he was dropped last night so I was wrong there. 

Its one thing that bothered me, we were chatting about it at half time on the Kop...

One lad made a good point...

He is sensible enough to keep the main players onside...and they are such as Westwood, Hutch, Bannan, Fletcher....maybe a couple of others...

They are shoe ins when fit for the main part and would probably go some way to keeping the rest onside.

I'm not talking a sort of selection committee, but Jos got it hopelessly wrong by cutting several key players out of the squad...Bullen can easily avoid that pitfall

12 minutes ago, hirstys_achilles said:

Thank you. Very interesting. On the flip side my careers teacher was the england youth coach (it was a part time position then). He was terrible. Knew nothing about football or skill. Me and a few other pupils had signed youth forms. We could not believe he was coach. But it was true. Just shows how the england set up has vastly improved. The sight of his skinny white legs in short canvas shorts with a whistle in his mouth is imprinted in my mind for all the wrong reasons.

Just tried googling him. Apparently england youths only had 1 tournament annually against scotland, wales and n ireland until 2014 !!!

1 minute ago, hirstys_achilles said:

Just tried googling him. Apparently england youths only had 1 tournament annually against scotland, wales and n ireland until 2014 !!!

You kinky devil!

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Its one thing that bothered me, we were chatting about it at half time on the Kop...

One lad made a good point...

He is sensible enough to keep the main players onside...and they are such as Westwood, Hutch, Bannan, Fletcher....maybe a couple of others...

They are shoe ins when fit for the main part and would probably go some way to keeping the rest onside.

I'm not talking a sort of selection committee, but Jos got it hopelessly wrong by cutting several key players out of the squad...Bullen can easily avoid that pitfall

I think it was Ferguson when he was at Aberdeen who said there's nothing more dangerous in a dressing room than disenfranchised , experienced players.

2 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

I think it was Ferguson when he was at Aberdeen who said there's nothing more dangerous in a dressing room than disenfranchised , experienced players.

might be the way forward Snoots..I know as a member of the aristocracy you may be against any sort of "Collective"..but it could work in the short term...

3 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

He knows his stuff. Literally this is the biggest fear that could happen this season. LB is the best option for making sure this wont happen, Perhaps all the other stuff will fall into place

Just now, asteener1867 said:

might be the way forward Snoots..I know as a member of the aristocracy you may be against any sort of "Collective"..but it could work in the short term...

Maybe not call it a collective then................................call it house of lords..................................keep snooty on board so to speak.

• Haha 1