Joao to Reading is close according to Dom

In terms of FFP, I'd suspect the fact we are actually moving people on will help us. 

At least it shows some sort of effort to comply and operate within certain restrictions. 

In saying that, we will probably now go and sign Jamie Cureton for 10 million. 

Just now, SiJ said:

Anyone else quite surprised that Reading are seemingly the only taker?

I know he's a bit enigmatic and frustrating, but I'm surprised someone a bit higher up didn't take a gamble on him. 

Perhaps his inconsistency has counted against him in that respect. 

Someone said earlier that his mate is the gaffer? 

I'm guessing if these talks have been going on for a while and it's been pretty much nailed down that this will happen - then maybe clubs have just backed away and thought it's a done deal 

1 minute ago, OxonOwl said:

You can't put it all in the accounts because you might never get it.

Of course you can it's a debtor from the other club! We only paid the final installment on the Rhodes transfer last year.

If the fee is £6m the full £6m is recognised immediately, and the debtor goes on the balance sheet which is them paid off in line with the agreed terms of the contract

Just now, SiJ said:

I know he's a bit enigmatic and frustrating, but I'm surprised someone a bit higher up didn't take a gamble on him. 

They've had a big influx of Portuguese players coming in so it fits with the template Lucas likes.  He's handed in a transfer request remember.  All our contingent has gone so he's off to a degree of comfort he's lost here.  Could be that other clubs were interested but he wanted the Portuguese connection.  All conjecture of course.

Let's hope its AT LEAST 7m as for me he's worth more in this market and really hope we have a sell on clauses applicable.. Gutted. But we have to use this to improve other areas. If Rhodes goes as well for 3.5m say that's £10.5m. I'd say we need another striker.

Hector 3.5m

Winger loan

Cm loan

Lb loan

Striker loan

Edited by JOHNHARKES

1 minute ago, SiJ said:

It does baffle me hes happy to go to a team that will probably end up in league 1 next season.

Players just need a fresh start.

2 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Am pretty sure for FFP purposes it doesn't matter how we structure the deal with Reading. If the total we receive is say 6m money. that that comes off the ffp for this season.

If it is structured over more than one year, only the money actually received in the financial year can go in the books for that year, as we might never receive the outstanding amount.

44 minutes ago, swfc1983 said:

Can’t be reyt surely unless £5million instalment is due next week

How would that help us? 

If weve waited all summer for a pants down deal and let other replacements waltz off to wastelands like Wigan it is more than frustrating 

1 hour ago, wellbeaten-the-owl said:

Because squad is/was overloaded with strikers but is short a center half ...

But are we getting rid of the better strikers and keeping the dross - Winnall, Nuhiu, and Rhodes should have gone before Joao. Unfortunately 2 of the 3 we will potentially be stuck with!!!

2 minutes ago, OxonOwl said:

If it is structured over more than one year, only the money actually received in the financial year can go in the books for that year, as we might never receive the outstanding amount.

I always thought for buying it's done over the length of contract. So with rhodes 8m  that's 2m each season ffp.

But for selling it's all upfront. so 6m counts towards our losses this or next season.

this is regardless of how the clubs finance the deal.

3 minutes ago, OxonOwl said:

You can't put it all in the accounts because you might never get it.

The important thing is that we get to show the whole fee in the profit and loss account straight away irrespective of the amount of money paid over at the time of the deal. We show the money coming in as cash in hand and the balance as a debt owed to us. Both appear on the credit side from the date of the transfer. As further payments are made the cash in hand increases and the debt owed to us reduces. Effectively the whole fee helps us for P & S purposes in the accounting year of the sale.

Let’s assume conservatively

5m plus add ons for Joao

4m Rhodes 

3m for Bruce and co.

Thats 12m raised but assuming only a percentage of Joao fee is up front this year, say 1/2m. We have to pay Boro 4m for Rhodes to settle up (but saves us his wage for he year and the 2m annual payment) 3.5m. Plus Bruce cash. Estimate of circa 7/8mincome for the accounts this year.

Hard to see where we are at with the accounts moving forward but if were out of the embargo we must have a bit of that to play with now.

1 minute ago, prowl said:

The important thing is that we get to show the whole fee in the profit and loss account straight away irrespective of the amount of money paid over at the time of the deal. We show the money coming in as cash in hand and the balance as a debt owed to us. Both appear on the credit side from the date of the transfer. As further payments are made the cash in hand increases and the debt owed to us reduces. Effectively the whole fee helps us for P & S purposes in the accounting year of the sale.

Will it help in future seasons or just this one? Assuming it all goes on this year then we’d probably have north of 11m income for the accounts with Rhodes, Bruce and Joao out the door. It was suggested on here we needed to find that amount and then we’d be ok. 

Edited by Bluesteel