Joao to Reading is close according to Dom

3 minutes ago, bigash_swfc said:

I haven't a clue, from their loan spells.

Winnall at Derby. Played 17, Scored 6

Joao at Blackburn. Played 13, Scored 3

Winnall edges it slightly then. This could be his chance. Hope he takes it.

10 minutes ago, Dronfield_SWFC said:

He did not pull up any trees when on loan to Blackburn

Thing is, there are still some very good players in our squad.

As Saturday seemingly proved, we have a better team than Reading.

Lucas is a talented lad, but I'm not convinced he's got it in him to turn Reading into a good team.

9 minutes ago, Dronfield_SWFC said:

He did not pull up any trees when on loan to Blackburn

Is that relevant? Players are judged on what they've done in the last season or two, not on a loan spell 3 seasons ago (although some people still seem oddly convinced that because Rhodes used to score goals up until 4 years and a third of his career ago, he'll suddenly start again). He's scored 20 league goals in the last 2 years with an impressive goals per game ratio.

How many goals did McBurnie score in 2016/17, or Maupay? I'll save you looking it up, McBurnie scored sod all and Maupay got 11 in the French second division. They've both gone for £20m because of their recent form.

Crazy that, if reports are true re João and Rhodes, we are selling forwards, a few days before the transfer deadline with another striker looking at a 6 game ban.

Its obviously Fletcher up top in a front 3 this season - good at holding the ball up but totally unprolific and injury prone!

I'm all for it if we get a fee that his ability deserves. £5m+ and i'd snap their hand off. Get a sell on clause in there as well in case it does click for him this season.

By the looks of preseason and now the Reading game we are going to set up in a formation where we need to be getting goals from midfield as well as out wide. Harris looks fantastic, Reach can get goals from either position, Fletcher is a top end of the Championship centre forward. What we now need is someone who can play on the opposite side to Harris who has pace and will work hard, it would take some pressure off Reach and would mean he can swap in to Lee's role when he inevitably needs a rest. 

I'd still be trying to get Hector back, Borner looks like he could cover Hutch if necessary as well. If we can get in Hector, a striker with pace on loan who can come off the bench and a wide player we wont be far off.

14 minutes ago, GMOwl72 said:

Hope we have the sense to put a sell on clause in as part of any deal.

so do i  where i think the kid is blo*dy annoying  he's got the ability to be a star  wonder if the portuguese manager there  was a factor  as we've lost people who could do the semedo role with him  

25 minutes ago, Crofty_11 said:

I'd be interested to know how Joao & Winnall's goals per minute ratio looks.

image.thumb.png.28b1d338663273fcf1201333d40c7cdc.png

Joao - 214 minutes per goal and 477 minutes per assist - 148 minutes per goal or assist

Winnall - 162 minutes per goal and 1132 minutes per assist - 142 minutes per goal or assist

Numbers not dissimilar, then.

But then bear in mind that Winnall has usually been played in his preferred position whereas Joao has usually been played more as a winger. Also consider injuries, suspensions etc.

I can see more of a place for Winnall if Rhodes is to leave, especially if he can get some good service into the box and some pace on the wings. However, I think we're losing something very different with Joao. 

2 minutes ago, Adem Poric said:

I'm all for it if we get a fee that his ability deserves. £5m+ and i'd snap their hand off. Get a sell on clause in there as well in case it does click for him this season.

By the looks of preseason and now the Reading game we are going to set up in a formation where we need to be getting goals from midfield as well as out wide. Harris looks fantastic, Reach can get goals from either position, Fletcher is a top end of the Championship centre forward. What we now need is someone who can play on the opposite side to Harris who has pace and will work hard, it would take some pressure off Reach and would mean he can swap in to Lee's role when he inevitably needs a rest. 

I'd still be trying to get Hector back, Borner looks like he could cover Hutch if necessary as well. If we can get in Hector, a striker with pace on loan who can come off the bench and a wide player we wont be far off.

I'll be pleasantly surprised if the sales are to re-invest in the likes of Hector (assuming the fee offers value), but I sense it's more to come in line with P&S.

Fully expecting any incomings to be loan deals (and Hector won't be loaned in the last year of his contract).

1 minute ago, eggowl said:

image.thumb.png.28b1d338663273fcf1201333d40c7cdc.png

Joao - 214 minutes per goal and 477 minutes per assist - 148 minutes per goal or assist

Winnall - 162 minutes per goal and 1132 minutes per assist - 142 minutes per goal or assist

Numbers not dissimilar, then.

But then bear in mind that Winnall has usually been played in his preferred position whereas Joao has usually been played more as a winger. Also consider injuries, suspensions etc.

I can see more of a place for Winnall if Rhodes is to leave, especially if he can get some good service into the box and some pace on the wings. However, I think we're losing something very different with Joao. 

Certainly will be - pace, a bit of power and height, and that unpredictability that scares defenders. We have to replace Joao if he goes, and you're right that Winnall would just replace Rhodes if he goes.