Joao to Reading is close according to Dom

8 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Reference Hector .. I’d argue we’re a bit more short in central midfield than we are at centre half , hope we prioritise and don’t just make signings for sake of it 

But hector showed last year is adaptable and can play the Hutchinson role in the 4-3-3 as well as being player of year at center back so would be a great addition if we got him

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ... said:

You're right but why can't we shift Winnal or Nuhiu? honestly Joao is that one player where its just waiting to click and the world is his oyster.

Probably can’t get rid of Nuhiu coz he is very poor and maybe can’t get rid of Winnal because of last yrs injury?? And both probably on big wages compared to loads of other players out there who are better, esp Nuhiu 

7 hours ago, SiJ said:

Yeah, I don't think it works like that. 

You don't get to dictate who clubs are interested in. 

Oh I agree with that but you have to weigh it up, if we can get say 3 million for Rhodes and 500k for Winnall or 6 million for Joao I’m selling the first two. 

Im not privy to the clubs business but if reports of us asking for 7 million for Rhodes are true then we’re just daft

1 minute ago, hatcheeks said:

Probably can’t get rid of Nuhiu coz he is very poor and maybe can’t get rid of Winnal because of last yrs injury?? And both probably on big wages compared to loads of other players out there who are better, esp Nuhiu 

I hope Nuhui stays, he's an important part of squad, deserves more game time than he gets. 

As for Winnall, I've not seen anything from him to warrant a start for us. He'd be other player to get rid. 

He'll score on Saturday now I've said that. lol

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Bing Cosby said:

The only thing Joao has proved consistently is his inconsistence.

He's an extremely talented boy, but successive managers have been unable to get him to kick on from his cameo performances. He'll light a game up from the bench and then start the next one on merit and not look arsed... Its beyond frustrating.

If we could afford to, he'd probably be best kept as an impact player, we may have decided that was the plan, but if the player has said he wants to leave then I'm afraid that forces the club's hand.

Get a decent fee, reinvest to balance to the squad and leave him to be an enigma for someone else.

Agree 100%

7 minutes ago, hatcheeks said:

Winnall is on 12k a week. He said so himself.

I hope a lot of people realise that because of our pathetic handling of FFP in recent seasons and due to us wasting a lot of money on poo players this is the end result. 

You have to sell players. EVERY championship club sells players. We have been the only one that hasnt. 

Stop holding onto the past. Joao has never done it for us consistently. Lets improve the squad and move on. 

As it says ‘close’ there may still be time for a bidding war on this one. 

I bet Bristol would want Joao more than Rhodes - seems like their type of signing. 

- Maybe ‘undisclosed fee’ is so others can make offers while still in the dark a bit ... 

DC could still get his £8m off Bristol if it all goes wonderfully. 

There is a player somewhere in him but we don’t see it often enough, walk away with a decent fee hopefully and reinvest in areas we need.

Poor move for Joao although he is probably thinking he will start most games for them.