Joao to Reading is close according to Dom

1 minute ago, We'llNeverBeMastered said:

What on earth do we do with £800k a year in instalments?

What seemed good business is now awful business. 

Just now, gurujuan said:

Can’t really be £800k a year, as it has to be over the length of his contract doesn’t it?

The down payment is £800k, and as said  the rumours at their end is the concession on Hector is on top of that. 

You'd imagine it’ll be worth £1.2-1.5 a year to us. 

1 minute ago, jamsandwich said:

all these transfer charlies on here. 

when you SELL - you recognise as much of the transfer fee as possible as soon as possible. 

when you BUY - you recognise the fee over the life of the contract

it looks better in the books. 

800k upfront plus the rest on performance is a terrible deal for Joao. The only benefit is it gets his wage off the books. 

It doesn’t matter what the upfront cost is or the instalments, we’ll still be getting the total price that we want 

We’ll just structure any new signings to fit in with the instalments :Chansiri:

If we’re getting £6m for Joao over the length of a 4 year contract, then we still have £6m to spend (if we are reinvesting)

2 minutes ago, jamsandwich said:

when you SELL - you recognise as much of the transfer fee as possible as soon as possible. 

Thats why the whole Rhodes saga was a mess - because if we sell him for less than we bought him for then it looks terrible in the books

800k upfront plus the rest on performance is a terrible deal for Joao. The only benefit is it gets his wage off the books. 

It depends whether the rest is based just on performance or whether some of it is guaranteed but over instalments.

3 minutes ago, jamsandwich said:

Thats why the whole Rhodes saga was a mess - because if we sell him for less than we bought him for then it looks terrible in the books

There's rumours that Reading will drop the sell on clause for Hector, meaning we get him cheaper

7 Million for Joao, and Hector comes on a reduced fee, sounds okay to me

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

Hopeless deal. Why do other clubs get an easy deal when signing our players? Either below market value or some hopeless staged payment. Are we staging Hector in?? All the other strikers are one dimensional. Hope some variety comes in. Doubt it if it's all stages money. Got the bodies in yes but Lucas was the only variety up top. We will all be fed up if an Hector type signing don't happen. Maybe a rare winger/striker type might benefit the squad. That extra winger we need plus not scared of a stint down the middle type. Can't fathem one up but I suppose it could work. 

1 minute ago, We'llNeverBeMastered said:

How on earth are we buying hector with an £800k upfront payment? 

That's where I'm confused.

Because we'll recieve instalments of £5-7M from Reading and we'll pay for Hector with instalments to Chelsea. Its how a lot of deals are done. 

I’d like Hector but he shouldn’t be a priority. 

Similar situation to signing McGugan and Rhodes. Do we really need him? Great player, but Borner looks the part. If cash is scarce i’d rather not splash millions on Hector. Get a young CB on loan and use the Joao money to sign a CM and a winger.

Edited by SallyCinnamon

4 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

I’d like Hector but he shouldn’t be a priority. 

Similar situation to signing McGugan and Rhodes. Do we really need him? Great player, but Borner looks the part. If cash is scarce i’d rather not splash millions on Hector. Get a young CB on loan and use the Joao money to sign a CM and a winger.

Hector was our player of the season by a mile. 

1 hour ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

0.51 goals per 90 minutes last season for Joao.

Whoscored say 0.6, putting him in the top 10 for those who played over 20 games, and the top 5 if we add in being under 26 as well. I really hope we're getting at least 7 million for him. 5 milion would be a steal.