Joao to Reading is close according to Dom

2 minutes ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

I'll be pleasantly surprised if the sales are to re-invest in the likes of Hector (assuming the fee offers value), but I sense it's more to come in line with P&S.

Fully expecting any incomings to be loan deals (and Hector won't be loaned in the last year of his contract).

If (when) Rhodes goes we will have chopped a large number off the balance sheet, when you factor in the big salaries that have gone this summer. Also, I'd guess the fee for Hector isn't as high as it possibly was a month ago so hopefully we'll still be in for him. Plus it's likely we don't get in a wide man until right near the end of the window when Prem clubs have decided who they are keeping and who can go out on loan. 

2 minutes ago, Adem Poric said:

If (when) Rhodes goes we will have chopped a large number off the balance sheet, when you factor in the big salaries that have gone this summer. Also, I'd guess the fee for Hector isn't as high as it possibly was a month ago so hopefully we'll still be in for him. Plus it's likely we don't get in a wide man until right near the end of the window when Prem clubs have decided who they are keeping and who can go out on loan. 

I hope you're right!

On the Hector fee, I can only assume he's still at Chelsea because his fee is too high? Otherwise, I'd have expected him to have moved to a club who can afford him at a sensible fee by now.

Doesn't the window close on Thursday? Could be a busy 48 hours!

45 minutes ago, Crofty_11 said:

When you put it like that, it starts to make a bit of sense. However, did Utd sell Brooks so close to the deadline? I don't have much faith that we'll make the 4/5 signings I believe we need before Thursdays deadline. If Joao would have been sold 4 weeks ago, maybe I would have been slightly less annoyed at the decision.

I think it was much earlier in the window so they did have more time to bring in the players they wanted.

Let's just hope we can do all our business in the next few days!

Ideally I'd like to keep Joao, because he has progressed in his time here

Hopefully we get a decent fee ... 

But when considering if this is a good deal for the club, you have to remember that Doom only reports bad news Doom.png.eea3762adc019e7224d7da2c07c22cc5.png

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Owlinator said:

Easy to say that. Nobody wants Winnal and Nuhiu

Think were stuck with Nuhui,couldn't give him away,as for Winnall thought Barnsley may have been interested or i heard Rotherham did enquire but wages were the problem

4 minutes ago, Brando17 said:

Think were stuck with Nuhui,couldn't give him away,as for Winnall thought Barnsley may have been interested or i heard Rotherham did enquire but wages were the problem

The thing with Nuhiu is, at anytime during his 6 years here, at his contracts end could have chosen to leave for a new challenge,which would have meant we got nowt any way, why is it that despite the hammering he takes on here, consecutive managers have re-signed him.? 

• Like 1

I believe we should adopted (not primarily) a system of bringing players in then selling for a larger fee. If we can get a large fee then good business. 

But not sure if we should stay for long haul as naturally gifted

Guest Jack the Hat
3 hours ago, DJMortimer said:

Maybe the decisions are not driven by fantasy football but the need to balance the books, the interest shown in signing the respective players and perhaps even the desires of the individuals concerned? 

At least one source questioned whether we ever received (or even actively pursued) the extra amount.

We've sold at least two; Jack Hunt and Rhoys Wiggins. Can't think of another though.

Priority one is central midfield without any question. Our formation requires 3 of them and we only have 4 experienced options in the squad. When you consider that one of those is coming off a serious injury and that another is regularly missing games, it makes the need more urgent still.

If you have 6 strikers and get rid of the 3 best that is not fantasy football pal and  it’s not common sense.  Not Selling a striker with pace leaving us with little pace up top is also not fantasy football but common sense. So you are happy with the much injured duo of fletcher/ win all supported by Nuhui then? Selling joao is a mistake. FF is not out and out striker and is suspended. Sell those two and buy a midfielder and come January our new priority will be finding a striker!

2 minutes ago, Jack the Hat said:

If you have 6 strikers and get rid of the 3 best that is not fantasy football pal and  it’s not common sense.  Not Selling a striker with pace leaving us with little pace up top is also not fantasy football but common sense. So you are happy with the much injured duo of fletcher/ win all supported by Nuhui then? Selling joao is a mistake. FF is not out and out striker and is suspended. Sell those two and buy a midfielder and come January our new priority will be finding a striker!

You seem oblivious to our financial plight, the likely demand for those players and perhaps even the wishes of the individuals concerned. And quite how you can justify Rhodes as one of our best 3 forwards is beyond me. If you include Matias as well (not even really a striker) he is bottom of the respective lists for frequency of goals scored and assists. We are not in a strong position when it comes to such wishful thinking.

33 minutes ago, Frazzlebeak said:

Gone according to SKY........upto 7million with add ons

If that's accurate, I think that's fair enough, especially if there's a sell-on clause. Would this be our record fee received?

Just now, Sova said:

If that's accurate, I think that's fair enough, especially if there's a sell-on clause. Would this be our record fee received?

Think it is by a distance, not bad for a player who struggled to get a starting place.