Club statement

1 minute ago, briggowl said:

Feels like we're shooting ourselves here. 

It was reported that we'd got potential loan signings out of this with the correct compensation stipulated in Bruce's contract. 

I think DC needs to let it go, get a new manager and stop endangering our season.

Obviously I don't know anything but it doesn't feel like DC is creating the best environment for success. 

It's all too frustrating

I don't think he will  - i dont want him to either smack a bully square in the nose they don't come back and neither will others 

of course he's after a new manager this wont stop that 

18 minutes ago, briggowl said:

think DC needs to let it go, get a new manager and stop endangering our season.

Obviously I don't know anything but it doesn't feel like DC is creating the best environment for success.  

I agree, get someone in quick and when he decides to fo/ poached..just take the crumbs, bend over and say thanks sir. No probs.

Dc has made a reyt mess of it ...kin ell

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, briggowl said:

It was reported that we'd got potential loan signings out of this with the correct compensation stipulated in Bruce's contract. 

I think DC needs to let it go, get a new manager and stop endangering our season.

It's all too frustrating

Indeed. No one knows the facts, but clearly the club and our lawyers think there's a case to be answered. 

It smacks of something when folk are happy for us to roll-over.

42 minutes ago, Kopparberg said:

We don’t know. 

But DC knows... and he’s up for a feght about it.  

Exactly, we don't know.

All this language of rolling over is based on no evidence. It's a narrative..

Who's to say it isn't more the case of DC refusing to compromise, in spite of a fair offer?

We don't know either way. But as I see it, Chansiri has form in putting pride before sense. 

34 minutes ago, briggowl said:

Not to me, it doesn't; it feels like we're taking a stand and defending our club against the likes of Bruce and Ashley who are trying to take us for a ride.

It was also reported that Newcastle were 'stunned' and 'shocked' at the idea of sending loan signings as part of the compensation package. All sorts is being written about this situation, so who knows what to believe?

Why you'd want the chairman of our club to accept less than he feels we're due from a Premier League club who took our management team three weeks before the start of the season is beyond me. he should defend our club to the hilt, I'd say.

I'm pretty sure he's able to instruct his lawyers whilst also searching for a new manager. The idea that Chansiri is 'endangering our season' would be insulting if it weren't so laughable.

Obviously I don't know anything

Oh...I could have just started with this bit then, couldn't I?

:duntmatter:

Edited by areNOTwhatTHEYseem
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Beholder said:

Exactly, we don't know.

All this language of rolling over is based on no evidence. It's a narrative..

Who's to say it isn't more the case of DC refusing to compromise, in spite of a fair offer?

We don't know either way. But as I see it, Chansiri has form in putting pride before sense. 

So you're admitting you know nothing, but are blaming the Chairman just in case.

• Haha 2

At the end of the day know one knows anything . DC wrote a statement saying he was taking legal advice and now has reported them to the PL.

Its all speculation and conjecture about whats going on. DC has kept stun as on the matter until its resolved which is what he should do.

Its frustrating for us fans but we will just have to wait for the outcome before he comments further.

Even if it means we end up with less than what's (allegedly) on the table right now, I back Chansiri all the way on this (and I'm not someone's who's been particularly impressed by his ownership thus far).

In any case, I don't see how this ought to affect our search for another manager. Reporting Newcastle's conduct to the Premier League has no bearing on our appointing Bruce's replacement.

• Like 1

Verbatim from the Premier League Rules in the Premier League Handbook (my bold text):-

"Section P: Managers

Codes of Conduct

P.1. Managers shall conduct themselves in accordance with the Code of Conduct for Managers set out in Appendix 5.

P.2. Clubs shall conduct themselves in relation to Managers in accordance with the Code of Conduct for Clubs set out in Appendix 6.

P.3. Any failure by Managers or Clubs to conduct themselves in accordance with their respective Codes of Conduct will constitute a breach of this Rule.

Appendix 5

Code of Conduct for Managers

1. A Manager shall strictly observe the terms of his contract with his Club and shall not (either by himself or through any third party) enter into negotiations with another Club (or club) relating to his employment without having first obtained the permission of his Club to do so.

Appendix 6

Code of Conduct for Clubs

1. In all discussions, negotiations and transactions relating to the employment of Managers, each Club shall behave towards each other Club with the utmost good faith.

2. A Club shall not (either directly or through any third party) enter into negotiations relating to the employment of another Club’s Manager without the prior permission of that Club.

3. A Club shall not take any steps (including the making of statements to the media) to induce another Club’s Manager to act in breach of the terms of his contract with his Club.

...."

I am certainly not a legal expert and nobody on OT has the full story details but, on the face of it, the situation doesn't look very good from at least one of the parties concerned. However, there are details such as timing of any permission / conversations / resignation(s), general employment law and who might have said what to whom. All of which could be anything when tested in an investigation or a legal hearing. Presumably, that is where each party thinks it's got a case?

• Thanks 6

1 hour ago, BowOwl said:

To be honest this could be the final nail for me, the Prem & the FA have a chance to prove they support lower league teams. 
It's so obvious its been foul play by Newcastle & Bruce. And even more so that they think they can get away with it due to their status.

Failure to act by either the FA & Prem and i've lost all interest in promotion. Much happier in the championship, no Top 6 elite nonsense or glory fans. Real football clubs, great twists and turns and less Sky TV drama. 

The Championship is more exciting - but unfortunately it doesn't pay the £20m wage bill.

Premiership needs a reform of some sort

10 hours ago, Beholder said:

Yeah that's my guess.

Not accepting money to avoid compromising legal action only to get significantly less at the end of it.

Meanwhile fans who are waiting on actual positive news have to read this nonsense instead just before the season starts.

So you admit to posting nonsense. I thought that was my job.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, A12owl said:

DC doesn't have his phone number thank goodness.

Sorry Simon.

Ollie has already asked how he gets to Hillsborough.

Mr C said hope Coleman, Pulis, and Megson refuse the offer, then learn German and grow a handlebar moustache.

56 minutes ago, 109Waddle said:

Selling our ground to ourselves only really impacts us though. Newcastle poached our manager in the run up to a new season, that’s the sticking point here for me.

I wasn't referring to the Newcastle issue. My response was about George Hirst going to Leicester.