Club statement

1 hour ago, Beholder said:

Exactly, we don't know.

All this language of rolling over is based on no evidence. It's a narrative..

Who's to say it isn't more the case of DC refusing to compromise, in spite of a fair offer?

We don't know either way. But as I see it, Chansiri has form in putting pride before sense. 

Mike Ashley... fair offer....lol

Ask the Geordies what they think about how he conducts himself and his business, do you think they're supporting our stance for a laugh? And do you really think we received a fair offer and Newcastle conducted themselves in an appropriate and professional manner and Chansiri just fancies the aggro because he's bored or something?!

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, A12owl said:

It's amazing how some on here think that trying to uphold the laws are going to stop DC sorting out a new manager.

It's taking a little time because DC wasn't expecting the bloke he had appointed 5 months ago would jump ship before the ship had left it's home port .

Apart from anybody who had been considered previously (the usual candidates) he has had to start from scratch. Perhaps he IS looking at a manager currently in a job which is why it's taking a little time. He will be doing it the right and proper way. 

No use rushing and getting the wrong bloke. Negotiations with the right man and their agent will take time.

As I've said before, whoever he appoints won't please everybody and he will get dogs abuse by some.

Good luck Mr Chansiri in everything you have got going on in your world at the moment.:Chansiri:

Stop posting common sense , it has no place on Owlstalk 

6 minutes ago, Nick the Owl said:

Mike Ashley... fair offer....lol

Ask the Geordies what they think about how he conducts himself and his business, do you think they're supporting our stance for a laugh? And do you really think we received a fair offer and Newcastle conducted themselves in an appropriate and professional manner and Chansiri just fancies the aggro because he's bored or something?!

Basing it on every report I've seen in media.  

3.5 million- 4 million. I'd say a fair offer.

Seems everyone else is basing their take on the reports being lies/propaganda. 

3 minutes ago, Beholder said:

Basing it on every report I've seen in media.  

3.5 million- 4 million. I'd say a fair offer.

Seems everyone else is basing their take on the reports being lies/propaganda. 

Ah apologies, you should have said you were using the media as your source of information. Is that the same media that has said we're getting £3mil, £4mil, much less than that, it's been paid, it's not been paid, it's resolved, it's not resolved, we're getting upto 4 loan players, we're not getting loan players... which bits are you cherry picking?

Alternatively you could take the club's statement for what it is, confirmation that it's not resolved and we don't think what's happened is fair or even legal (within rules of the game).

My general position is that I don't know enough of the facts to have a clear view on the rights and wrongs of this, and the legal risks in going one way or the other. But in the absence of all the information, my default position is that nobody has persuaded me at this point that we should be doing anything other than the maximum in our power to enforce our rights.

However - specifically in respect of the complaint to the Premier League, I am unsure what the club's standing is to make a complaint here.

Appendix 6 of the PL rules ( https://premierleague-static-files.s3.amazonaws.com/premierleague/document/2018/09/19/ef4c62c9-6b19-4189-a064-d212cbf68ce7/PL_Handbook_2018-19_Digital.pdf ) basically states that PL Clubs shouldn't tap up other Club's managers. But NB that the definition of a "Club" is a PL club. Other clubs are referred to as lower case "clubs". It's not clear to me that we can complain under this rule.

To be crystal clear, this does not affect our ability to enforce the contracts with the Steves, or any action for tortious interference against Newcastle.

1 hour ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Not to me, it doesn't; it feels like we're taking a stand and defending our club against the likes of Bruce and Ashley who are trying to take us for a ride.

It was also reported that Newcastle were 'stunned' and 'shocked' at the idea of sending loan signings as part of the compensation package. All sorts is being written about this situation, so who knows what to believe?

Why you'd want the chairman of our club to accept less than he feels we're due from a Premier League club who took our management team three weeks before the start of the season is beyond me. he should defend our club to the hilt, I'd say.

I'm pretty sure he's able to instruct his lawyers whilst also searching for a new manager. The idea that Chansiri is 'endangering our season' would be insulting if it weren't so laughable.

Oh...I could have just started with this bit then, couldn't I?

:duntmatter:

It's just my opinion that I'd rather we didn't have this hanging over us. I don't think it's going to help our football.

The previous statement said :

"The Club is currently considering its position and taking the appropriate legal advice."

Now the statement after is that "...the club confirms that it has today reported Newcastle United's conduct to the Premier League"

It means that we've had the legal folk look through the rules and think that we have a case. How this will be interpreted by a judge or panel (or whomever or whatever body decides these things) is another matter.

• Thanks 1

Chansiri will be spending about 1 minute a day on this. It’ll all be done by the lawyers, even that statement will have been drafted by them.

To suggest this is a distraction / taking time away from DC doing other stuff is a bit silly really. That’s why you have legal representation...to represent you.

11 minutes ago, Minton said:

The previous statement said :

"The Club is currently considering its position and taking the appropriate legal advice."

Now the statement after is that "...the club confirms that it has today reported Newcastle United's conduct to the Premier League"

It means that we've had the legal folk look through the rules and think that we have a case. How this will be interpreted by a judge or panel (or whomever or whatever body decides these things) is another matter.

Or we've tried to come to an amicable compromise inbetween the two statements but Newcastle aren't interested so it's a last resort. I don't imagine Chansiri was looking to take legal action/report without trying to come to agreement first. 

23 minutes ago, briggowl said:

It's just my opinion that I'd rather we didn't have this hanging over us. I don't think it's going to help our football.

Fair enough.

It's my opinion that Chansiri having reported Newcastle to the Premier League for the way they conducted their pursuit of Steve Bruce won't make a blind bit of difference to our football.

Unless he's using Bannan and Reach as his legal representatives, in which case it probably will.

7 minutes ago, jerseyowl said:

Been looking to see if there is a precedent set here, the closest I have come to is the unresolved case of Marco Silva being tapped up by Everton...

https://onefootball.com/en/news/everton-face-potential-points-deduction-over-marco-silva-tapping-up-en-21573260?variable=20190723

I think Watford were a PL club, which is the difference I'm concerned about?

1 minute ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Fair enough.

It's my opinion that Chansiri having reported Newcastle to the Premier League for the way they conducted their pursuit of Steve Bruce won't make a blind bit of difference to our football.

Unless he's using Bannan and Reach as his legal representatives, in which case it probably will.

I don't think you can just box this stuff off and say it's with the lawyers and that's where it ends.

It creates a stink- The main question is - is it worth it? I would say no given the info we are led to believe..

Not sure McSue helped the pigs cause by dragging their relegation through the courts.

3 hours ago, briggowl said:

Feels like we're shooting ourselves here. 

It was reported that we'd got potential loan signings out of this with the correct compensation stipulated in Bruce's contract. 

I think DC needs to let it go, get a new manager and stop endangering our season.

Obviously I don't know anything but it doesn't feel like DC is creating the best environment for success. 

It's all too frustrating

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Beholder said:

I don't think you can just box this stuff off and say it's with the lawyers and that's where it ends.

It creates a stink- The main question is - is it worth it? I would say no given the info we are led to believe..

Not sure McSue helped the pigs cause by dragging their relegation through the courts.

The Blades scenario completely different. NO one even knows whether any compo was paid and what were the details of SBs contract.

I have yet to see any info from DC, as for MA I would not give credence to what he passes onto the media or through his cabbage manager.

Both MA and SB are duplicitous, I have no evidence at this time to put DC in that category.

DC never planned this.

Edited by Big Jack

Just now, Big Jack said:

The Blades scenario completely different. NO one even knows whether any compo was paid and what were the details of SBs contract.

I have yet to see any info form DC, as for MA I would not given credence to what he passes onto the media or his cabbage manager.

Both MA and SB are duplicitous, I have no evidence at this time to put DC in that category.

DC never planned this.

Point taken re the last line.

DC didn't ask for this. I just hope he isn't basing his legal action on the 'principle'. ...If it's about the difference between 2 million and 4 million though, fair enough (but that isn't what reports are suggesting)

12 hours ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

It’s going to suck having this hang over the club all season, and I do mean all season. The only way this ends quickly and quietly is if Newcastle pay big bucks. 

It's not hanging over us it's hanging over them. Bruce has gone, that won't change, we either have some money or none depending on who you believe, that's the situation. We have asked the PL to investigate. That's it. At the end of the day we might get told to FO or they might award against Newcastle. We might get some more money but it won't really change things for us.

Re. The distraction caused by legal action (and following on from the Blades being mentioned as an example) - they've just been promoted at exactly the same time their 2 owners are fighting each other in the courts and have been for months, didn't seem to affect their season too badly. 

1 minute ago, Nick the Owl said:

Re. The distraction caused by legal action (and following on from the Blades being mentioned as an example) - they've just been promoted at exactly the same time their 2 owners are fighting each other in the courts and have been for months, didn't seem to affect their season too badly. 

The whole saga's going to really throw Sam Hutchinson off his game. Before you know it, a mistimed tackle, a three match ban, and then where will we be.

DID YOU THINK ABOUT THAT, SO-CALLED CHANSIRI?

• Haha 1