Club statement

Right decision to take, make a stand. Even if we only benefit slightly or not at all this sets a precedent. 

Some of our fans need to chill out though. I doubt DC will have done this without some sort of legal advice stating we have a case and that has now been put forward to PL. It's not going to be a 24/7 - 365 headache for DC now it's handed off he will have all time in world to get a new manager in....Nixon alluded the other day that this is already well in hand. Be under no illusions.... We aren't doing this to bring Bruce back, we are doing to this to get what we believe we are owed or to see Newcastle and Ashley punished, or both. 

Viva La Chansiri. 

• Like 1

I'm wary of believing media reports of any cash accepted  but in any case I firmly believe this is not just about the cash to DC and us .

He's a very difficult man to deal with, find someone who has they'll agree. He will feel disrespected and losing face - i doubt he'll let this drop and it appears he hasn't

so I'm 100% behind this we cannot be having managers poached like this

Give it em both barrels I say. Even if we get nowt for it we need to take a stand. We were shafted over the Hirst saga and we're being shafted over this. Hopefully DC won't take it laying down, like some people's mums before anyone says it. 

Seeing the response from Newcastle fans is enlightening, they are rabid up there at the moment. Really hope they lose their first 4 games, will get through some reight popcorn gifs. 

• Like 1

In 11 days we've got our first game of the season, against what would appear to be beatable opposition. 

Instead of looking forward and preparing for this, our chiarmans attention is elsewhere.

And no, I don't think he should just rollover if he feels he's got a case, but there are more pressing matters.

49 minutes ago, GMOwl72 said:

Just hope the legal. Advice Chansiri is taking isn’t going to cost more than the compensation the club receives :Chansiri:

It's fine - the legal advice will be Chansiri's personal money, but the compensation is club revenue. He can spend £10,000,000 on lawyers and get us £5,000,000 compensation and as a club we still come out better off. 

2 minutes ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

In 11 days we've got our first game of the season, against what would appear to be beatable opposition. 

Instead of looking forward and preparing for this, our chiarmans attention is elsewhere.

And no, I don't think he should just rollover if he feels he's got a case, but there are more pressing matters.

I don’t think he’s got Bullen doing the legal work. DC has maybe probably hired a lawyer to look after that bit. The lawyer will have been diverted away from other less pressing legal work as opposed to training the team and scouting the opposition. Maybe.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, Havin-a-hoot said:

It's fine - the legal advice will be Chansiri's personal money, but the compensation is club revenue. He can spend £10,000,000 on lawyers and get us £5,000,000 compensation and as a club we still come out better off. 

If he wins the case would Newcastle not have to pay his legal cost.

2 minutes ago, Sonny said:

I don’t think he’s got Bullen doing the legal work. DC has maybe probably hired a lawyer to look after that bit. The lawyer will have been diverted away from other less pressing legal work as opposed to training the team and scouting the opposition. Maybe.

I agree. You don't think.

Just now, Sergeant Tibbs said:

I agree. You don't think.

Shouldn’t you be preparing for the season instead of distracting yourself with such cutting retorts? You need to be looking forward, practicing your singing etc.

8 minutes ago, Sonny said:

Shouldn’t you be preparing for the season instead of distracting yourself with such cutting retorts? You need to be looking forward, practicing your singing etc.

Not my job to prepare for the season, especially as you've got it all in hand.