Club statement

Guest Theboylangers
22 minutes ago, Davetherave said:

Bruce has not changed, same as when we signed him.

When you appoint someone like him you get what 

comes along with his history.

Sorry Mr C ... another blunder, and I hope you are

not going to blame the fans again.

To be fair, I don't think you can blame DC for Bruce being a Judas (other unflattering names are available). 

Yesterday I:

> Spoke to Severn Trent regarding an unsafe grate on my property

> Arranged a sparky to come and inspect and upgrade our consumer unit to bring it in line with current regs

> Measured up and ordered timbers and plasterboard to clad the internal garage walls

> Spoke to Western Power about having a double pole isolator fitted

People. Are. Capable. Of. Doing. More. Than. One. Thing. At. Once.

This "forget it and move in" attitude is ridiculous. To think Chansiri isn't taking steps to hire a new manager while also speaking to his lawyers regarding Newcastle is moronic

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, axolotl said:

Yesterday I:

> Spoke to Severn Trent regarding an unsafe grate on my property

> Arranged a sparky to come and inspect and upgrade our consumer unit to bring it in line with current regs

> Measured up and ordered timbers and plasterboard to clad the internal garage walls

> Spoke to Western Power about having a double pole isolator fitted

People. Are. Capable. Of. Doing. More. Than. One. Thing. At. Once.

This "forget it and move in" attitude is ridiculous. To think Chansiri isn't taking steps to hire a new manager while also speaking to his lawyers regarding Newcastle is moronic

Did you even have time to eat man! Crazy :biggrin: /s

Edited by Gerinako
  • Haha 1

It's odd that some  fans like us posting on here will "fight to the death" over a flippingspelling mistake, but will stand for Newcastle United virtually trying to wreck a season the vast majority of us were looking forward to.

Sure it might not turn out as we want it,

but honestly, stand idly by and let a bloke like Ashley p*ss all over the club?

No thanks,I'm with DC on this.

I wouldn't place too much stock in Premier league looking after Premier league either, Ashley seems universally unpopular

• Like 2

I'm glad Chansiri is putting up a fight in the interest of the club.

It's obviously not about money to him, but the principle and manner in which it's been dealt with by Newcastle.

Yes, we all know football is morally corrupt and this stuff goes on all the time, so it's nice to see the chairman not simply being trampled on by a Premier League club. 

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Nick the Owl said:

Great news. 

Absolutely baffling some on here are happy with us bending over and accepting it. If you allow yourself to be walked over once it will happen time and time again. 

Well done DC.

Bending over and accepting what?

Did Derby have the same problems when Lampard went to Chelsea?  

I personally didn’t see much - seemed like Chelsea sorted it reasonably OK and off Lampard went. 

Maybe that tell us something about Newcastle’s owner ? 

I’m backing DC on this. I’m sure the guy can multitask and like what has been said already, it’ll be with the lawyers who ‘check in’ with a few phone calls at this stage. 

MA’s battle isn’t with the average man on the street - Chansiri has money and power - he’s defending himself and us as a club in his eyes, and I like it. It’s what he needs to been seen doing. 

Lay down and play dead to MA ? 

Fizz that.

Let’s get some backbone. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Owl 44 said:

No rules broken there though. Just dodgy morals.... a bit like us selling our ground. :blink:

Selling our ground to ourselves only really impacts us though. Newcastle poached our manager in the run up to a new season, that’s the sticking point here for me.

6 minutes ago, Chansiri is king said:

Why are their so many anti DC / Swfc fans on owlslag , unbelievable that so many people know the ins and outs at what’s happening at our great club , but really know sweet fa I’m sure all bases are being covered by our owner . 

Interesting that you conflate chairman and club..

Fans question chairmen at many clubs. Doesn't make them anti 'the club'.. 

Seems obedience to authority really has become a thing on this site...

Edited by Beholder
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

56 minutes ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

In 11 days we've got our first game of the season, against what would appear to be beatable opposition. 

Instead of looking forward and preparing for this, our chiarmans attention is elsewhere.

And no, I don't think he should just rollover if he feels he's got a case, but there are more pressing matters.

I'm sure the club can perform multiple tasks.  We all do it everyday.  It's just complete nonsense to suggest otherwise.

Edited by Sham67
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Beholder said:

Interesting that you conflate chairman and club..

Fans question chairmen at many clubs. Doesn't make them anti 'the club'.. 

Seems obedience to authority really has become a thing on this site...

Simply a matter of how folk see the current situation Beholder

It won't stop me criticising things like pricing and recruitment if I think it wrong

To argue against something simply for the sake of "Past form" is stupid

It's nothing to do with  obedience

To be honest this could be the final nail for me, the Prem & the FA have a chance to prove they support lower league teams. 
It's so obvious its been foul play by Newcastle & Bruce. And even more so that they think they can get away with it due to their status.

Failure to act by either the FA & Prem and i've lost all interest in promotion. Much happier in the championship, no Top 6 elite nonsense or glory fans. Real football clubs, great twists and turns and less Sky TV drama. 

Feels like we're shooting ourselves here. 

It was reported that we'd got potential loan signings out of this with the correct compensation stipulated in Bruce's contract. 

I think DC needs to let it go, get a new manager and stop endangering our season.

Obviously I don't know anything but it doesn't feel like DC is creating the best environment for success. 

It's all too frustrating