Club statement

6 minutes ago, keepitsteel89 said:

Ok so if we havnt been paid what we are owed, as in what the contract (s) clearly state we are owed. Then how do you think that will play in a court? Let me tell you there are some really stupid people out there, like unbelievable stupid, but no-one, no one in history, has been stupid enough to go to court over not paying the amount it clearly says in a contract you have to pay.

No one has, no one ever will, and no one is with this. 

I'm going to bed lol night

Again how do you know that Ashley has paid what was in the contracts, or what DC wanted. You really don't, it is legit all guesswork on your part. Oh my god, do you actually need it in crayon? You don't know anything, at all. All you are doing is making assumptions and giving conjecture. I don't know what else I expect from someone who takes his financial advice from someone on twitter though lol

• Like 1

1 minute ago, marcx666 said:

Again how do you know that Ashley has paid what was in the contracts, or what DC wanted. You really don't, it is legit all guesswork on your part. You know as much as the rest of us, IE, nothing, apart from Bruce is a c*nt, and DC thinks Newcastle f*cked us. That is actually the be all and end all

Safe to say that DC hasn't been paid what he wanted!

lol

In terms of what's gone on. Been said before, but quite possibly an issue of Bruce being approached illegally, and DC therefore asking for more than what the contract states to make up for the wrong-doing. DC might feel wronged and therefore deserving of further compensation, especially when taking into account how it has disrupted both our ongoing business dealings and season preparation. 

Yes, this is all made up, and quite possibly (or probably) a load of rubbish. Nowt wrong with taking a stab it, just as long as we don't claim it to be fact. 

3 minutes ago, bobness said:

lol

In terms of what's gone on. Been said before, but quite possibly an issue of Bruce being approached illegally, and DC therefore asking for more than what the contract states to make up for the wrong-doing. DC might feel wronged and therefore deserving of further compensation, especially when taking into account how it has disrupted both our ongoing business dealings and season preparation. 

Yes, this is all made up, and quite possibly (or probably) a load of rubbish. Nowt wrong with taking a stab it, just as long as we don't claim it to be fact. 

Oh don't get me wrong, I'm all for a guess, hell I guess more than anyone, but when people do the whole quoting their assumptions and stuff, like it's legit, it's just annoying. 

This is going to hinge on documented evidence. The noises coming out of St James's park over the last couple of days alluded to verbal deals and handshakes. To be honest, even in the event that our conduct was found to be 100% aboveboard I'd hold out little hope of the Premier League doing anything substantial.  

Edited by Morepork

4 minutes ago, bobness said:

lol

Perhaps that's what this premier league thing is all about.

Have Newcastle done anything wrong if so what.  Can we look to sue them for it.

But I still believe the payment for the two Steve's to be ongoing.

3 minutes ago, Morepork said:

This is going to hinge on documented evidence. The noises coming out of St James's park over the last couple of days alluded to verbal deals and handshakes. To be honest, even in the event that our conduct was found to be 100% above board I'd hold out little hope of the Premier League doing anything substantial.  

Prem will find a way to not do anything even if we have documents signed by the f*cking pope mate

• Haha 1

I admire the fact DC doesn't take things laying down and fights for what he thinks is right but it's time we nip this in the bud and drop all this legal action. We don't want this hanging over us when the season kicks off. We got £4m for Bruce which is more than any of us would have expected especially after only being here for 5 months. Let's be honest he's a decent manager but nothing more than that. This needs to be dropped

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, legendaryswan said:

I said all along this saga they were on rolling contracts,it can be ended at anytime,by either side,you just pay the compo to the end of the first roll,which is about 4 months on Bruce and his aides so its peanuts for the 3 of em

I don’t believe you have any right to buy your way out of a contract by default. It would have had to have been specifically written into the contract that it could be ended  early by a particular party after doing x/y/z. If the contract didn’t stipulate that it could be ended early then it can’t be ended early without mutual agreement of both parties.

I’m not a contract expert, but having dealt with contract work in multiple countries that’s how I understand the law to be in most places.

4 hours ago, Beholder said:

What a load of cr4p.

This kind of protracted nonsense is never good for clubs. 

All for the sake of a few hundred grand? Not worth it.

Just move on ffs.

This post reminds me of Francis Jeffers. Good pedigree from the poster but bottles it when the going gets tough.

Why people are acting like progression and sticking it to ashley are mutually exclusive is beyond me.. unless I am missing something?

Good on DC.

4 hours ago, pazowl55 said:

Surely the best thing for Chansiri to do if we aren't chasing anything would be to come out and say we have sorted things with Newcastle and then maybe report them for there conduct.

No. They still owe us money for Steve and Steve that's why we haven't wiped our hands of this and got on with finding a new manager.  

So you reckon DC has just been sat round discussing compensation for Steve and Steve with our lawyers, not bothering to try and find a new manager until it’s all sorted? Really? I suppose that could be the case if he was an utter moron but I don’t think he is.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

You would hope so and it isn’t just DC refusing to move on. Will be shocked if anything comes out in our favour from the Premier league unfortunately. 

Do you not think he May just have taken legal advice before making this decision...or do you just like having a go at the chairman ... pathetic..

• Thanks 1