New name in the frame

5 hours ago, Bluey9 said:

He outfoxed Carlos and got an un-fancied Huddersfield promoted

Carlos got found out after the first season 

I dont like Carlos  , but to say he out foxed him is a bit pathetic,  we played them 4 times and lost once with help from an own goal and penaltys ,so don't  talk CRAP .I definatly  dont rate him 

Would be a coup, at face value at least. 

Did well at Huddersfield but he did have the ability to sign a number of players there, take them away to Sweden and change all their training methods. I think we’d have to be patient with someone like him or Stendel as he’d be working with someone else’s team.

Edited by Bluesteel

7 hours ago, Morepork said:

Say what you like about Wagner, if true he's just inserted himself above 95% of people on the list we've been looking at after you remove the unrealistic options. 

Promoted from this league at the first attempt. Good eye for a player and some canny transfer business. Could do much, much worse.

And a great motivator !

must admit he came into thought until i found out he'd signed for a german club 

i suspect or should i say hope DC is looking at people who have won promotion from and experience in the championship whether we want to go down the compensation route i doubt

16 minutes ago, A12owl said:

Managers don't move just after they have joined a club do they? :ph34r:

I would be happy with him. 

We're not his boyhood club and we're unlikely to pay out compensation for another club's manager :rolleyes:

8 hours ago, RevOwl said:

So the Times is now saying that Wednesday have approached David Wagner. I hope to God this is just news paper garb. Come back Carlos all is forgiven. 

Better if it was Richard Wagner. Now that would be interesting.

Definitely not Robert Wagner, though.

• Haha 2

The original poster must have been on sabbatical when Wagner was in his country. 

I could well believe we would try for him as he fits profile of what we are looking for but do not think there is any chance of him joining us. Think he is pretty loyal guy stayed with Huddersfield and turned down several good offers. Would be ideal for us but unfortunately think not achievable. 

Does anyone know of any unrest at Schalke? I suppose we can but hope.