New name in the frame

Love that people are turning their noses up at Wagner like he's not good enough for us or something lol 

As it is, can't see it. Unless things are in disarray over at Schalke, I don't know why he'd want to leave the top tier in Germany for the second tier here. 

1 minute ago, StudentOwl said:

Love that people are turning their noses up at Wagner like he's not good enough for us or something lol 

As it is, can't see it. Unless things are in disarray over at Schalke, I don't know why he'd want to leave the top tier in Germany for the second tier here. 

Saying that Huddersfield were easy on the eye tho..

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, upperwinngardensowl said:

Zero chance of happening.

also made Carlos look like an attacking manager 

The Wednesday massive demands attacking football 100% of the time innit 

10 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

I'm 100% convinced the delusion comments from other clubs are correct, we are a second division club ffs, been out of the top flight for 20 years who do people think we are?

Edited by Not Jon Newsome
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

I'm 100% convinced the delusion comments from other clubs are correct, we are a second division club ffs, been out of the top flight for 20 years who do people think we are?

This is our reality. We can certainly do better than some of the names on the betting list but we are not attracting a manager of the likes some are hoping for. Being honest, even someone like Cowley who I think would be a brave, progressive appointment may not consider us a good move. The big unknown in all this is what DC is able to offer the new guy, outside looking in, maybe not that much. 

1 minute ago, Morepork said:

This is our reality. We can certainly do better than some of the names on the betting list but we are not attracting a manager of the likes some are hoping for. Being honest, even someone like Cowley who I think would be a brave, progressive appointment may not consider us a good move. The big unknown in all this is what DC is able to offer the new guy, outside looking in, maybe not that much. 

Exactly, our older fans are killing us still think we are the club of the 90s, get real we are a nobody club and that will be the same until we get promoted, hell even Swansea, Bournemouth and Wigan are more well known than us these days. 

2 minutes ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

Exactly, our older fans are killing us still think we are the club of the 90s, get real we are a nobody club and that will be the same until we get promoted, hell even Swansea, Bournemouth and Wigan are more well known than us these days. 

There's a fine line between being realistic and running the club down..

Clueless Carlos isn’t fit to tie wagners boot . The fact he got Huddersfield yo ok a fraction that Carlos spent at Wednesday (and failed twice) says it all . Unfortunately unlike Carlos (who I imagine would jump at the chance to return , having always been his dream to manage Wednesday twice) Wagner wouldn’t be interested 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Bluey9 said:

He outfoxed Carlos and got an un-fancied Huddersfield promoted

Carlos got found out after the first season 

Although we did the double over them ( and Newcastle ) in their promotion season.

• Like 1

Go for Wagner? Never!

All we've got to do is 'phone Guardiola up and he'll ditch City and walk barefoot over the Pennines to join us.

I think some fans need to get real.

We're a mid-table Championship team with no cash to spend.

We haven't kicked a ball in the PL for almost 20 years.

If we could get Wagner to come here we'd have done very well.

He knows this division and has actually got a team promoted from it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

Older fans aren't killing SWFC, nor is any other entity, SWFC is not going to die, but, it's up to the Players, to put the numbers (goals) in place...regardless of Manager.  This is just another season, like 150+ seasons prior.  I really don't care who get's the Manager job,  or what tier Wednesday is playing in, I support SWFC. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, RevOwl said:

So the Times is now saying that Wednesday have approached David Wagner. I hope to God this is just news paper garb. Come back Carlos all is forgiven. 

Are you smoking something, He would be an amazing chioce for manager, the way he got Hudderfield up and kept them up for a year was nothing short of a miracle.