Embarrassment. Bullen the leader my ar^s!

26 minutes ago, Beauchief Owl said:

Playing against a 4th tier German side that changed their entire team at half time, let that sink in, and coming off second best. Totally unacceptable in itself made worse by the lack of appreciation of the fans at the end of the match. 

Dry yer eyes.

3 hours ago, handworth52 said:

I watched online and your not wrong 3-4 went to half way line inc rhodes , rest couldnt be bothered . Dont know if bullen n co came towards u or not.you all travelled far to watch that pathetic couldnt be bothered performance . That team would lose 10-0 playing like that to an average championship team.was it 100 degrees on the pitch? If any of our 1st 11 get injured this season we are in trouble .

How did you watch online?

Why didn't you reply to my thread about how to follow the game?

Good grief, I'm wasting my time on here.

No one takes any notice of me despite all my efforts. (This is the topical bit)

• Haha 2

Just now, Rev Owl said:

Everyone's got you on ignore..:tango:

• Haha 2

Just finished watching the game (no one applauded me for my achievement :wacko:)

Typical game as one would expect at this point in pre-season and considering that we trained before the match.

We tried two formations (4-4-2 and 4-3-3), tried out few tactical ideas and gave some much needed game time to certain players.

All in all I'm not unhappy with what I've seen.

Would just hope that people will remember how in pre-season it is not about winning, but getting where we need to be at Aug 03.

Before one of worst seasons in this club's history we won all our pre-season games.

4 hours ago, handworth52 said:

I watched online and your not wrong 3-4 went to half way line inc rhodes , rest couldnt be bothered . Dont know if bullen n co came towards u or not.you all travelled far to watch that pathetic couldnt be bothered performance . That team would lose 10-0 playing like that to an average championship team.was it 100 degrees on the pitch? If any of our 1st 11 get injured this season we are in trouble .

Id be surprised if our whole 1st eleven arent injured by october:duntmatter:

Calm down.

Bullen said the squad were giving him a lot to think about as regards selecting a team for Reading.

Last night he gave several players a chance to prove their worth.

He got a very clear answer to his problem. Selection for the Reading game will now be so much easier.

3 hours ago, Quist said:

I know a journalist who told me very similar information. Nixon has indicated it is a domestic list in his reports (and with our manager he has been on money last 3 times). 

The list has certain look of being about right. Megson links to club, Coleman was Sunderland manager and all things Sunderland are often linked to club, Stendel I think agents in a round about way were connected to some involved in our club, Others are I suppose on every short list in Championship. Betting activity around them has shown nibbles which suggests they were spoken to. Pulis connection just bits and pieces read in news reports so less certain about that.

It could have moved on but think that was how it was.

If we need to make impact this season need to continue building in same method any move to radically different approach could not be done before season starts and effectively writes the season off so in some ways can see why approach adopted. Think Stendel gets in because uses high pressing high energy style we were (hopefully are) going to use this season. Therefore is you use common sense some of more exotic names who adopt different approach are non starter if you want fighting chance this year.

Personally thought at last we were going right way all teams who went up last year used high energy approach and adopted forms of high pressing tactics. Think its way to go.

Wonder if the list is hand written or typed?

Wonder who showed it to the guy from the Mirror 

Maybe he just guessed using out of work managers?

52 minutes ago, Rev Owl said:

I thought you would be getting advice from a higher level. lol

51 minutes ago, Rev Owl said:

Someone put link on here and i watched it . Very good quality picture . Glad i didnt endure from the 1st half. At least they serve good beer over there so our supporters will soon get over watching that.