Embarrassment. Bullen the leader my ar^s!

1 hour ago, malek said:

Just finished watching the game (no one applauded me for my achievement :wacko:)

Typical game as one would expect at this point in pre-season and considering that we trained before the match.

We tried two formations (4-4-2 and 4-3-3), tried out few tactical ideas and gave some much needed game time to certain players.

All in all I'm not unhappy with what I've seen.

Would just hope that people will remember how in pre-season it is not about winning, but getting where we need to be at Aug 03.

Before one of worst seasons in this club's history we won all our pre-season games.

I think that you have to have some knowledge about football to come to that conclusion...I'll let everyone else decide which posters in this thread have any

2 minutes ago, Mycroft said:

Just sounds a bit needy to me but if he likes that sort of thing then fair enough.   

It's extremely needy and sad, as soon as the final whistle goes I'm usually heading to the nearest boozer not waiting for sweaty young men to clap at me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

45 minutes ago, unkastav said:

OP hasnt thrown his toys out, you’d expect the players to acknowledge the fans no matter how far they have travelled be it barnsley or germany. Cmon lads

You saw Nuhiu signing shirts and autographs afterwards...do you think he was the only one ?

untitled.png

2 minutes ago, Mycroft said:

Just sounds a bit needy to me but if he likes that sort of thing then fair enough.   

The players applaud fans at S6 it’s not needy it’s a thank you, we are always being told how incredible we are , just don’t see the issues you and others have !!!

2 hours ago, Spencerowl said:

Imagine if this was the feedback from your job interview: 

Right Experience ✔️

Know the job ✔️

Friendly and Straight talking ✔️

Did not clap the customers on the way out - 

we will I’ll let you know, don’t call us we will call you :duntmatter:

But he hasn't got the right experience. 

1 minute ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

The players applaud fans at S6 it’s not needy it’s a thank you, we are always being told how incredible we are , just don’t see the issues you and others have !!!

There isn't an issue, I'd never get upset because someone didn't clap me for watching them.  If people like it then I'm ok with that.  

2 minutes ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

It's extremely needy and sad, as soon as the final whistle goes I'm usually heading to the nearest boozer not waiting for sweaty young men to clap at me.

Do you never applaud or sing then ? How weird is that singing at “ sweaty young men “ haha dear me 

47 minutes ago, the monk said:

Wonder if the list is hand written or typed?

Wonder who showed it to the guy from the Mirror 

Maybe he just guessed using out of work managers?

It fits in with what Nixon says as well. Could be false but their is some truth in it.

1 minute ago, Quist said:

It fits in with what Nixon says as well. Could be false but their is some truth in it.

We've had a list on here since Bruce went...maybe he got it from here...even I could have come up with that list whether any of them have even spoken to DC is just speculation on Nixon's part. One thing for sure is that he got fuckall from DC lol 

3 hours ago, Costello 77 said:

Dreamed that my late father was naked and covered in blood..he was breast feeding a bald doll.. accompanied by detuned chamber music..

Make of that what you will.

I'll tell you what I make of that.....

You Need Help Pal  !

lol

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Mycroft said:

There isn't an issue, I'd never get upset because someone didn't clap me for watching them.  If people like it then I'm ok with that.  

The way I saw it is , the team were poor , fans were underwhelmed so just to acknowledge the efforts they had made to get there would have been ok . I’m sure it was the performance that “ upset “ fans pre season friendly or not .

6 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Yeah it would have been nice if the all the players went over to the fans, not just 1 or 2. More concerning though was a minority of idiotic “fans” behaving like absolute scum bags before and after the game. 

What happened ? 

2 minutes ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

What happened ? 

I don’t know how to post links from twitter but there are videos on there of them causing trouble. People that also where there have been saying about them

Edited by WalthamOwl

1 minute ago, np pontefract said:

I'll tell you what I make of that.....

You Need Help Pal  !

lol

Do you think so? I didn't put any of the disturbing parts...

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

We've had a list on here since Bruce went...maybe he got it from here...even I could have come up with that list whether any of them have even spoken to DC is just speculation on Nixon's part. One thing for sure is that he got fuckall from DC lol 

Yes majority of information comes from agents whothey have to get in touch with. Remember Nixon got last 3 managers correct. I am not saying all information correct but he has been reliable in this area.

4 hours ago, Quist said:

I know a journalist who told me very similar information. Nixon has indicated it is a domestic list in his reports (and with our manager he has been on money last 3 times). 

The list has certain look of being about right. Megson links to club, Coleman was Sunderland manager and all things Sunderland are often linked to club, Stendel I think agents in a round about way were connected to some involved in our club, Others are I suppose on every short list in Championship. Betting activity around them has shown nibbles which suggests they were spoken to. Pulis connection just bits and pieces read in news reports so less certain about that.

It could have moved on but think that was how it was.

If we need to make impact this season need to continue building in same method any move to radically different approach could not be done before season starts and effectively writes the season off so in some ways can see why approach adopted. Think Stendel gets in because uses high pressing high energy style we were (hopefully are) going to use this season. Therefore is you use common sense some of more exotic names who adopt different approach are non starter if you want fighting chance this year.

Personally thought at last we were going right way all teams who went up last year used high energy approach and adopted forms of high pressing tactics. Think its way to go.

I agree with you on the tactics, not sure about the top half of the post though, I'd like to think dc is, but then i'm not sure on that either.