Odds For The New Manager

7 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

We get 4 million plus in compensation, save a reported 2 million a year on Bruce’s wages. We have a hell of a lot of money to really bring in a quality manager. To then give it to Bullen would be a very wrong and cheap thing for DC to do when we can actually afford to go after a proven manager. 

Would rather give it Bullen and spend money on Hector and a couple of other players.

1 hour ago, tashton said:

Not seen the ITK posters such as keV the owl or semedo ferrett on here since Bruce started at Newcastle.  Where are they with the news of our next manager,who by the way, I believe will be bullen.  Chansiri will have been stung by Bruce's actions and he will admire bullen

Yes loyalty will get us promoted forget tactics forget experience forget being able to attract players it does'nt matter we all admire him we're all happy with another nothing season our fans are insane

We really can't afford to take a risk on Bullen no matter how loyal he has been. We need an experienced manager. The league this year is not the best with the teams coming down. We have one of the best squads in the league and need to be competing. I was very positive about this under Bruce so we now need someone like that to bring the fanbase in agreement

Much that I like Bullen, he has shown on previous occasions that, after the honeymoon of a manager getting sacked and results turn again, he is pretty much out of his depth. Recall before Jos was appointed and things were going badly him almost pleading on a TV interview for the club to appoint someone quickly.

Edited by airborne_rat_of_s6
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, WAWAWUTO17 said:

We really can't afford to take a risk on Bullen no matter how loyal he has been. We need an experienced manager. The league this year is not the best with the teams coming down. We have one of the best squads in the league and need to be competing. I was very positive about this under Bruce so we now need someone like that to bring the fanbase in agreement

He may even have a good run for a while but he's not cut out for it and I believe he himself has come out and said this multiple times. If Bullen gets the job then we're not serious about promotion this year fair enough but that's another 30 million in wages down the toilet.

5 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

So the bookies favourites are now Bullen, Coleman and Pulis.  It would be typical of Wednesday to make that sort of appointment when there’s so much potential and optimism 

So the 3 managers who have had threads on here the most recently?

Hmmmm, I’m beginning to spot a pattern...

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, airborne_rat_of_s6 said:

Much that I like Bullen, he has shown on previous occasions that, after the honeymoon of a manager getting sacked and results turn again, he is pretty much out of his depth. Recall before Jos was appointed and things were going badly him almost pleading on a TV interview for the club to appoint someone quickly.

You have a Staffordshire bull terrier, he’s been a loyal family pet for years; you have a newborn in the family. You don’t let the dog look after the new born alone in a room. 

I’d rather have Clueless back, we must still be paying him off in screwed up 20s. In his defense we’re barely any closer to promotion since he walked out the door and at least he was entertaining even if the football wasn’t.

Edited by TrueOwl

Daniel Farke 

Dean Smith 

David Wagner 

Eddie Howe 

Alex Neil 

All of the above have acheived promotion in the last 5 years yet not a bucket load of experience between them. If it's bullen that gets the job there's no reason we can't challenge this season. There are no standout teams in this league thats why it's always wide open and the most exciting league in the world. 

• Like 1