Odds For The New Manager

34 minutes ago, Beighton Owl 87 said:

Daniel Farke 

Dean Smith 

David Wagner 

Eddie Howe 

Alex Neil 

All of the above have acheived promotion in the last 5 years yet not a bucket load of experience between them. If it's bullen that gets the job there's no reason we can't challenge this season. There are no standout teams in this league thats why it's always wide open and the most exciting league in the world. 

Parachute money

Parachute money

Fluke

Sugar daddy

Parachute money

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Beighton Owl 87 said:

Daniel Farke 

Dean Smith 

David Wagner 

Eddie Howe 

Alex Neil 

All of the above have acheived promotion in the last 5 years yet not a bucket load of experience between them. If it's bullen that gets the job there's no reason we can't challenge this season. There are no standout teams in this league thats why it's always wide open and the most exciting league in the world. 

Dean smith, eddie howe, alex neil all previously managed before unlike bullen who's never managed and your right the league is open which means make the wrong appiontment and we could be fighting to stay up

I like Bullen, just don't see him as a manager, he himself admitted the same after his last stint and don't see what's changed. 

Short term capable, but not on a permanent basis for me, but would like to see him stay on in the backroom team. 

Seems nothing coming out of the club, hence the only information is rumours and the odd tenner placed affecting betting markets. 

We've had almost a week to plan for Bruce's departure since the news broke last weekend. I'd like to think something happens early next week. 

1 hour ago, Beighton Owl 87 said:

Daniel Farke 

Dean Smith 

David Wagner 

Eddie Howe 

Alex Neil 

People have short memories 

He was shocking the first time as caretaker and managed to win a couple before Agnew stepped in prior to Bruce.

Bullen is not the answer.

We need someone with experience of getting clubs up - Pulis and Allardyce would be my picks, records speak for themselves .  Like Bruce, They wouldn't take any crap and get things moving.

We are not bournemouth, Huddersfield  etc - small base and expectations etc - this is a tough club to manage and a strong personality is required here. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Earlsfieldowl said:

He was shocking the first time as caretaker and managed to win a couple before Agnew stepped in prior to Bruce.

We need someone with experience of getting clubs up - Pulis and Allardyce would be my picks, records speak for themselves .  Like Bruce, They wouldn't take any crap and get things moving.

We are not bournemouth, Huddersfield  etc - small base and expectations etc - this is a tough club to manage and a strong personality is required here. 

The performances under Bullen against Burton and Hull where absolutely shocking. Possibly as bad as any under Carlos and Jos. He is not the answer, as soon as things started to go wrong he wouldn’t be able to handle it. 

• Thanks 1

DC won’t know where to start on this. Bruce has really pulled our pants down. I think Bullen would be fine but I also recognise we get through managers quickly so we do need him around to coach and step in between managers as he has done in the past.

i think big Nigel Pearson is a complete roaster but with Bullen alongside him some of the rough edges might be softened . His stock is pretty low at the moment but he has done some good things as a manager. I would go for him.

11 minutes ago, Earlsfieldowl said:

The team was pretty shocking back then though which is why he was put in charge. This is a totally different set of circumstances. The group are playing well and looking confident in pre season so far. You reckon Allardyce would show any loyalty to us if a premier league club came in for him? 

7 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

The performances under Bullen against Burton and Hull where absolutely shocking. Possibly as bad as any under Carlos and Jos. He is not the answer, as soon as things started to go wrong he wouldn’t be able to handle it. 

The shocking performance against Hull was under the two stooges who have just ditched us with Bruce. Yes the Burton result was a shocker but these are different circumstances to what he was dealing with then. We had a depleted squad with no confidence back then.

2 hours ago, TrueOwl said:

There's no coming back from that Burton Albion game that was his waterloo.

2 hours ago, airborne_rat_of_s6 said:

Much that I like Bullen, he has shown on previous occasions that, after the honeymoon of a manager getting sacked and results turn again, he is pretty much out of his depth. Recall before Jos was appointed and things were going badly him almost pleading on a TV interview for the club to appoint someone quickly.

Do you mean this one?  From 2:25.

https://www.swfc.co.uk/news/2018/january/watch-post-match-reaction/

Pulis is drifting in market he was shocking at Middlesboro and played dreadful football. He would not fit with our style of play. Our trusty agent with Sunderland connections is pushing Coleman and their existing manager Jack Ross, both appaeared and shortened in betting Both completely unsuitable for job and would be a disaster. The ones like Zola and Tekke which were pushed by agents now drifting like barges as they must have realised DC has learned his lesson. 

It appears we are not going foreign market so anyone with hopes of GVB etc are not going to happen. On reflection probably correct as would need few weeks to get team playing their style of football. We have team playing high pressing game and need manager to suit this, otherwise first few weeks of season will be lost and we have good chance to earn points in these games.

3 minutes ago, Quist said:

Pulis is drifting in market he was shocking at Middlesboro and played dreadful football. He would not fit with our style of play. Our trusty agent with Sunderland connections is pushing Coleman and their existing manager Jack Ross, both appaeared and shortened in betting Both completely unsuitable for job and would be a disaster. The ones like Zola and Tekke which were pushed by agents now drifting like barges as they must have realised DC has learned his lesson. 

It appears we are not going foreign market so anyone with hopes of GVB etc are not going to happen. On reflection probably correct as would need few weeks to get team playing their style of football. We have team playing high pressing game and need manager to suit this, otherwise first few weeks of season will be lost and we have good chance to earn points in these games.

So who do you think we will be looking at? Gutted if you are right about GVB

8 minutes ago, Plonk said:

So who do you think we will be looking at? Gutted if you are right about GVB

No clear indication at the moment. Think there was some truth in list of candidates circulated. To get best out of current squad I think Stendel is best choice. If Cowley was on list would like us to look at him. Have had a look at some videos of their play and they could do well with what we have got. That is my opinion and have no information they are being looked at. Think we certainly would have gone for Hughton but he does not want job.

Coleman is being pushed by Agents why he has moved in betting but no fortunes for anybody yet. 

I just hope he does not go for domestic manager with a style we are not currently playing as it is asking for trouble.