Odds For The New Manager

34 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

The performances under Bullen against Burton and Hull where absolutely shocking. Possibly as bad as any under Carlos and Jos. He is not the answer, as soon as things started to go wrong he wouldn’t be able to handle it. 

I'm no fan of Bullen being appointed, but there is no need to lie to make your point.

28 minutes ago, Beighton Owl 87 said:

The shocking performance against Hull was under the two stooges who have just ditched us with Bruce. Yes the Burton result was a shocker but these are different circumstances to what he was dealing with then. We had a depleted squad with no confidence back then.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, TodwickOwl said:

My heart sinks with these suggestions

I hope chansiri pulls one out the bag, this is just completely unmotivating

This, I don't think we can afford to get this wrong.

I would say there is no front runner at the moment, obviously no rumours coming out the club

Bullen is leading the odds because bookies are protecting themselves in caretaker appointment 

please - no Pulis, Coleman , unproven foreign manager etc..

we we have seen with Bruce we need an experienced championship manager with connections to get the team at the right end of the table 

2 minutes ago, Sham67 said:

This, I don't think we can afford to get this wrong.

Totally agree, but I'd find it hard pointing the finger at DC if he does go for someone off this list and it doesn't work.  He's in this position through no fault of his own and won't please everyone with the next appointment.  

Take Hughton out of it and for me, there isn't one stand out candidate.  

17 minutes ago, TodwickOwl said:

My heart sinks with these suggestions

I hope chansiri pulls one out the bag, this is just completely unmotivating

Same, absolutely no one jumps out.

If it was me, I would just take an absolute punt on a big personality recent ex player, still no idea who, Sol Campbell maybe, not that I like him.

I think we can take solace in the fact all managerial appointments are a gamble anyway, sometimes it just clicks, look at Adkins last season.

I like Bullen, he understands what Wednesday is about.

But is he too matey with some players? would some take the wee wee? a bit like when you got sent to your Grandparents over the 6 weeks holidays. 

The discipline would drop. 

Makes sense to continue to use Bullen as permanent caretaker to fill the gaps.

Provides a backroom staff continuity that helps incoming managers.

Don't see him as a permanent manager, certainly not at this level.

Edited by Beholder
  • Like 1

Daily Mail linking us with Coleman, Monk and Rowett.

About as inspiring as a kick in the knackers. Hopefully, just paper talk.

Shame that Monk is dodgy as flip. Think he is a half decent coach. Cant stand Rowett and Coleman is useless. 

Coleman has plummeted overnight. Hopefully that is just someone lumping on in error. 

Nice enough guy. Decent at Fulham and Wales.

But he has been managing a long time, if he was a real winner you'd think it would have happened by now. How many managers win their first promotion ten years or more into their career? 

12 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Shame that Monk is dodgy as flip. Think he is a half decent coach. Cant stand Rowett and Coleman is useless. 

What are you talking about? I suggest you swatch the Netflix series, Sunderland till I die, and see the impact he had before you judge Coleman. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, unkastav said:

Sucks doesnt it, we had it right two weeks back

Well we did and it does but the recycled Monk type managers are from the same shelves of the shop as Bruce. Bruce was a sensible appointment and did a decent job but he's no one's idea of a managerial genius. Some of these suggestions are pretty well like for like

It's just such a shame we are in the predicament we are in... a few weeks ago we were on a high, decent manager, a few signings. 

Now we have no manager or coach, we seem to be struggling to find someone of any excitement, feels like we are in similar shoes to Newcastle as in we are going to end up with the 11th choice on the list. I just hope that whoever it ends up being fans give them a chance and don't put blame onto Mr Chansiri. This is by no means his fault, we are just trying to make the best of a really poor situation. 

Edited by MrTacoSWFC

4 minutes ago, Nigel Farage said:

What are you talking about? I suggest you swatch the Netflix series, Sunderland till I die, and see the impact he had before you judge Coleman. 

Yeah, I watched it.

He really revitalised them. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Nigel Farage said:

He took them down? 

Sunderland were a sinking ship, but had more than enough to stay up that season in my view. 

Those three are all so depressing. I’d rather have Pulis.

Edited by SallyCinnamon
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, SiJ said:

What are your thoughts on appointing Bullen?