Odds For The New Manager

16 minutes ago, The Horse said:

Didn't know he was only 45!!

Should be coming into his prime about now then after taking a few knocks and learning a few lessons whilst still very much young enough to have the fire in his belly to succeed and have a fresh outlook on the game.

Knows the Championship, knows what potential there is here.

I'm seriously warning to him being at Hillsborough now.

If Bullen's in the frame then I'll carry Rowett here on my back.

I think Chansiri will continue to pursue Hughton.

He's seemingly the man he wants.

Whether he gets him, though, is another matter.

Van Bronckhorst is unlikely to look outside the PL, so he's probably even less likely to consider us than Hughton.

3 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

So gutted that they forgot to reappoint him when Lampard left No hoper, and not what we need

Rowett’s football is dire, certainly don’t him at S6. Derby were annoyed to lose him as had strong first season with them.

47 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Biggs is guessing, even to a point of stirring the pot because he wants Bully to get the job 

He’s winding me up to be fair, usually don’t mind his opinion , but on this occasion I think he wants Bullen to get the job more than Lee wants it himself 

Terrible move from Chansiri if he gave it Lee, and I’d put me neck on line say I’m probably one of the chairman’s biggest supporters , especially on here 

Biggsy just bigs up (if you’ll pardon the pun) his mates e.g Turner, Bullen etc. And how he thinks it’s time to take a risk when we are in an unbongo is beyond me. 

49 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Biggs is guessing, even to a point of stirring the pot because he wants Bully to get the job 

He’s winding me up to be fair, usually don’t mind his opinion , but on this occasion I think he wants Bullen to get the job more than Lee wants it himself 

Terrible move from Chansiri if he gave it Lee, and I’d put me neck on line say I’m probably one of the chairman’s biggest supporters , especially on here 

I really think he’s going to give it to Bullen. Will me a massive backwards step if he does. As much as we all hate Bruce now he was the right type of manager we needed when he came in and we need a similar type now. Bullen is not the answer, apart from being loyal I don’t see him having any of the qualities we need. 

1 minute ago, WalthamOwl said:

I really think he’s going to give it to Bullen. Will me a massive backwards step if he does. As much as we all hate Bruce now he was the right type of manager we needed when he came in and we need a similar type now. Bullen is not the answer, apart from being loyal I don’t see him having any of the qualities we need. 

It would be the most obvious imminent car crash since the appointment of Alan Irvine. 

We get 4 million plus in compensation, save a reported 2 million a year on Bruce’s wages. We have a hell of a lot of money to really bring in a quality manager. To then give it to Bullen would be a very wrong and cheap thing for DC to do when we can actually afford to go after a proven manager. 

23 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

I still really do feel Chansiri won’t take the risk 

Having been rinsed so often by people who know the game and all it's dark shadows much better than he does, hopefully Chansiri values Bullen as a reliable fixture to help the club through some of those regular transition periods, but realises he needs a manager who brings rather more to the table.

From a purely experience and track record perspective, Steve Bruce was the right kind of appointment at that time. Unfortunately, he lived up down to his previous reputation when it came to respect, integrity and loyalty too.

Okay, tired of going round in circles seeing Pulis and Monk mentioned, lets throw a new name into the mix: Some men are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them....

Little managerial experience, but plenty of coaching experience - right at the top level too - Premier League champion as a coach, managed in Champions League, even coached in international football briefly. Available at the moment, an ex-Owl and would bring top-level know how as well as wanting to prove he can be a manager in his own right. 40%+ win ratio during his brief spell as a Premier League manager.

To be, or not to be: that is the question...

2 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

We get 4 million plus in compensation, save a reported 2 million a year on Bruce’s wages. We have a hell of a lot of money to really bring in a quality manager. To then give it to Bullen would be a very wrong and cheap thing for DC to do when we can actually afford to go after a proven manager. 

Proven manager. 

or

Lee bullen + we sign Hector.

Not seen the ITK posters such as keV the owl or semedo ferrett on here since Bruce started at Newcastle.  Where are they with the news of our next manager,who by the way, I believe will be bullen.  Chansiri will have been stung by Bruce's actions and he will admire bullens loyalty