Odds For The New Manager

Just now, Morepork said:

I don't think any of them have any real indication at the moment. At least I hope that... lol

Hope so and it seems that way but most people on here are looking at just skybet odds it seems? And getting in a fizz over their odds. His odds aren't even anything to worry about yet. At least Zola's have dropped away. Can't read anything into it yet. Like you said, it seems no-ones got a clue yet.

1 minute ago, s6 owl said:

So if Bullen really does get the nod, what is our strategy here?

8 months ago Chansiri finally seemed to realise what most of us had been saying, that we needed an experienced capable manage for the Championship, one with promotions on his CV, who would seemingly have full control of transfers and contracts, who could use his contacts and reputation in English football to wheel and deal within the financial restrictions, and that the players and fans would respect. We got one, and although it went sour for off-the-field reasons, the strategy was working. Results improved, obvious flaws in the playing staff were addressed, the fans were galvanised, and belief returned.

Are we seriously saying that just because Bruce turned out to be a selfish two-hat that we abandon that strategy and employ someone with zero management experience and limited contacts in English football? Essentially the opposite of the strategy we'd been using effectively since the start of the year?

Barmy.

Biggs is guessing, even to a point of stirring the pot because he wants Bully to get the job 

He’s winding me up to be fair, usually don’t mind his opinion , but on this occasion I think he wants Bullen to get the job more than Lee wants it himself 

Terrible move from Chansiri if he gave it Lee, and I’d put me neck on line say I’m probably one of the chairman’s biggest supporters , especially on here 

8 minutes ago, Hughdowd said:

Remember Mc Claren was odds on to come to Wednesday the day jos was appointed....Sometimes the bookies favourites are way off

I don't think thats a very reassuring example of what could happen...... lol

• Haha 2

I do hope Biggs is wrong. On both occasions that Bullen was in charge, he seemed relieved to be handing over the reigns, especially the first time when he was like a horse wanting to be shot to put him out of his misery. 

I fear when the pressure will inevitably come on him that he will not be able for it. The last thing I would like to see is a true Wednesday legend getting hounded out. I am surprised he wants it. We will see. 

It is very quiet, speculation wise. We can always let Bullen start the season as caretaker and see how he fares. Out of the list per the bookies, Hughton is the stand out candidate but does not want it. Van Bronkhurst is a pipe dream. Pulls bombed in end at Boro. Monk is under investigation so we won't be touching him. I do like Holloway. Not sure Bannan does reading that article. 

Rowett would be the best of the lot left. 

Bruce has left us royally in the sh!te here

With a bit of luck, it will end in tears for him. 

2 minutes ago, emersonthome said:

Bullen could just get it on an extended caretaker basis, that would be my guess. If it starts going off track and/or a better option becomes available, then bully could revert to assistant

Nice thought , but if it starts going wrong ‘off track’ Bullen gets hounded out by the Wednesday massive he don’t revert to no assistant nothing 

Gio Van Bronckhorst !!!!!!....are these people on drugs ????..... we  have no chance ...got to get real ....hate to say it ..but we are a mid table 2nd tier club now ...it’s a case of who want us ..not who we think we want......we have a decent squad now ...just need an enthusiastic manager who will bleed blue and white for us

1 minute ago, emersonthome said:

Bullen could just get it on an extended caretaker basis, that would be my guess. If it starts going off track and/or a better option becomes available, then bully could revert to assistant

That would just be a waste of valuable time, The division this year is a weak division so let's get the new man in within the next week and then crack on.

3 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Biggs is guessing, even to a point of stirring the pot because he wants Bully to get the job 

He’s winding me up to be fair, usually don’t mind his opinion , but on this occasion I think he wants Bullen to get the job more than Lee wants it himself 

Terrible move from Chansiri if he gave it Lee, and I’d put me neck on line say I’m probably one of the chairman’s biggest supporters , especially on here 

Yes, it would be a disaster.

If Bullen wants to be a manager, then he starts off in the lower leagues and learns his trade.

That's what Wilder did.

You cut your teeth in a less harsh atmosphere, where you can make mistakes and get away with it.

It's when things start to go wrong that Bullen would be up a tree.

He simply doesn't have the reserves of experience to draw on.

For God's sake lets not make a bad situation even worse.

20 minutes ago, paulrs said:

So if Bullen really does get the nod, what is our strategy here?

8 months ago Chansiri finally seemed to realise what most of us had been saying, that we needed an experienced capable manage for the Championship, one with promotions on his CV, who would seemingly have full control of transfers and contracts, who could use his contacts and reputation in English football to wheel and deal within the financial restrictions, and that the players and fans would respect. We got one, and although it went sour for off-the-field reasons, the strategy was working. Results improved, obvious flaws in the playing staff were addressed, the fans were galvanised, and belief returned.

Are we seriously saying that just because Bruce turned out to be a selfish two-hat that we abandon that strategy and employ someone with zero management experience and limited contacts in English football? Essentially the opposite of the strategy we'd been using effectively since the start of the year?

Barmy.

Agreed. I can't see Bullen getting it, don't think he'd want it either. He's happy in his own role as long as he stays on which he will. As the top dog the pressure's all on your shoulders and he won't want that. Would hate him to get critisism after bad results also, given what he's done for us. Let him stay as one of the backbones of our coaching team.

Chansiri likes managers with experience and success. I could accept Holloway or Monk, no way on Pulis though. GVB seems a bit of a pipedream too, don't know where the link is coming from, 

Edited by swfc-dan

1 minute ago, Hughdowd said:

Shows chansiri won’t be taking any notice of betting patterns....

Yep DC will do his own thing. 

I thought you were saying, don't panic, remember that time we were worried we'd get McClaren but we got Luhukay..... lol

Just now, Morepork said:

Yep DC will do his own thing. 

I thought you were saying, don't panic, remember that time we were worried we'd get McClaren but we got Luhukay..... lol

Sometimes I think they put zola mcclaren etc into the betting odds ...so you’re not dissapointed when they name someone else:duntmatter:

• Haha 2

Just now, Hughdowd said:

Sometimes I think they put zola mcclaren etc into the betting odds ...so you’re not dissapointed when they name someone else:duntmatter:

Exactly, in fact I think those two insert themselves in to the betting in the hope of getting lucky. lol

Guest The Horse
2 hours ago, bradowl said:

Rowett is only 45 so is not what some fans would call "been around a bit. 

Didn't know he was only 45!!

Should be coming into his prime about now then after taking a few knocks and learning a few lessons whilst still very much young enough to have the fire in his belly to succeed and have a fresh outlook on the game.

Knows the Championship, knows what potential there is here.

I'm seriously warning to him being at Hillsborough now.

8 minutes ago, The Horse said:

Didn't know he was only 45!!

Should be coming into his prime about now then after taking a few knocks and learning a few lessons whilst still very much young enough to have the fire in his belly to succeed and have a fresh outlook on the game.

Knows the Championship, knows what potential there is here.

I'm seriously warning to him being at Hillsborough now.

Didn’t do great at Stoke, I know Derby were gutted when he left..