Odds For The New Manager

17 minutes ago, Mishowl said:

Genuine question and not meant to come across argumentative as agree he would be a bad appointment but what boxes does he tick when the job of the next manager is to get us promoted?  

Well, I'd say he knows the club inside out. Not a pre requisite agreed, but useful none the less. He knows the players inside out, personalities performances etc with exception of the new lads. He's already got a relationship with them and yes, I'd say they trust him. That's viral to getting across your ideas and getting buy in. Probably knows who we need in addition to what we have. Now here's the difficult bit. Has he got good contacts within the game? Possibly not. He might know who they are, but has he got the relationships? Everyone has to start somewhere though. A new manager will need time to assess the squad, time that we ain't got. Bully knows what's needed. My biggest worry is can he handle the defeats? It saps confidences quickly and for me he's great when we're doing ok, but I worry for him when we aren't. 

5 hours ago, Owls77 said:

Hughton, Cook or Stendel are the only decent candidates in my view!

Without being Geo-Demographicist can we please not have a foookin Scouser

4 minutes ago, Anlaby Owl said:

After Jones I would agree to never having another Scouse manager.. ever

Would give you +1000 if I could.

Demo was Pound for Pound the worst manager ever. Utter Cnuut.

Jos despite being bargain basement was more useless and only just pipped by a nose mind.

Edited by 33
Beholderbait
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, 33 said:

Would give you +1000 if I could.

Demo was Pound for Pound the worst manager ever. Utter Cnuut.

Jos despite being bargain basement was more useless and only just pipped by a nose mind.

Jones never worked again. Somehow Jos has got a gig in Germany and has a proud record of a 17% win ratio at his new club . Must have the best agent in the world.

3 minutes ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

Jones never worked again. Somehow Jos has got a gig in Germany and has a proud record of a 17% win ratio at his new club . Must have the best agent in the world.

Jones just seemed to be totally unbothered by football at the end...It was like he lost all interest...

Funnily enough I was looking forward to the following season after that run to the Championship the seasson before..then it was simply "Meh"

3 minutes ago, Hughdowd said:

Wanted Paul Cook ...but can’t see it happening....only person now who will unite the fan base is Holloway....likeable bloke ... will win everyone round eventually... give it Ollie !!!!

How will Holloway unite the fan base when half us sane ones don't want him?