Odds For The New Manager

8 minutes ago, swfcjack27 said:

Bullen is far too friendly with all the players to take the top job and his lack of experience could see things turn sour quickly if we went on a poor run. Good coach, club legend, not cut out for the managers job 

Yes! He is to much of a mate with the players, I don’t believe he will be able to stamp down his authority when needed. 

Bullen’s probably become the favourite because people will have put a few quid on after the interview he conducted last night. Until someone’s odds-on with the bookies their lists aren’t worth paying attention to, although looking at them and speculating on here is a good way of wasting time at work. DC has been very quiet during the Bruce saga so I doubt many people at all know what’s going on in terms of appointing a new gaffer... yet

11 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

I don’t see any outstanding candidate to be honest, definitely nothing that will unite the fan base , you might get the odd few wanting your Paul Cooks etc but on the whole I think any realistic appointment on that list would be met with some classic Wednesdayite negativity 

Nor do I think Lee Bullen is the reyt man,   This is probably gonna be Chansiri’s bravest call yet 

A lot of truth in what you say. Team is looking ok and players brought are type required to strengthen side. It is an English looking formation playing high pressing hard running style. This is contrary to many on list how they play. We are definitely not a careful play out from back team every time we tried ran into trouble can do this occasionally but has to be missed approach. Without substantial recruitment think few candidates would follow best approach for personnel we have.

Bullen obviously knows how we play but thinks he lacks jnow how tactics of how to modify team. We need another bod in at least as we are short of personnel in coaching area at moment. Think Cowley brothers could work with personnel we have. So could Rowett , Monk and Hughton. Others with form have a different style and it would cost to implement their plans. 

The foreign managers who have not managed before in Championship are a risk but if come off could work well and we get promoted thinking of GVB and Genosio. They would bring unique style and in first season they have advantage over other teams but if not successful first season have to adapt quickly.Others from tin pot leagues I think is highly risky.

Strudwick is having some influence and I am not sure who he gets on well with but I could see somebody who has worked with him joining team. I have limited evidence on which to base this but team appear far better prepared for early season games than they have done in years. Not seen anybody put forward who fit this profile yet. 

DC has no easy task and I do not mind him taking a couple of weeks to get right man. 

I’d have thought if Chansiri was considering giving it Bullen he would’ve just done it straight away, he gave him a 30second phone-call to say your in charge for Northampton and Germany 

Ain’t no reason to drag it out

Bullens odds will have changed because he has declared an interest and people will have put a few quid on it.

At this stage, there's not much point getting in a flap at the managerial odds.

Just now, SiJ said:

Bullens odds will have changed because he has declared an interest and people will have put a few quid on it.

Been explained a million times ,and you could do it a million times more , people will still take em as gospel 

4 minutes ago, beswetherick said:

Bullen’s probably become the favourite because people will have put a few quid on after the interview

I backed him before the interview, he's in contention cos he is the obvious choice....right now (zola is shorter at many bookies btw)

I backed him because i thought a good value bet...If it isn't him I don't think the new manager will be on the bookies radar yet...none in the top 10 anyhow

• Like 1

Just now, Royal_D said:

I’d have thought if Chansiri was considering giving it Bullen he would’ve just done it straight away, he gave him a 30second phone-call to say your in charge for Northampton and Germany 

Ain’t no reason to drag it out

Well because of legal matters , I doubt he is going to rush. DC trusts Bullen which is vital, he speaks to the players regularly and they sing his praises.

Whoever is the next manager, end of the day we dont want anyone who thinks they are bigger than SWFC. 

Gary Rowett seems to be getting shortened odds.

Did an excellent job at Birmingham, took Derby to the playoffs, underachieved at Stoke (but off the back of relegation I’m guessing there was a lot more wrong there than Gary Rowett).

We could do a lot worse than him.

2 hours ago, vulva said:

I’d give it Bullen and gamble on a dead cat bounce for a bit. By the time that novelty wears off, some better managers will become available. 

The list of possible managers is like a menu in a poor restaurant where you end up having Pizza because you take the view they can’t not rustle up a decent Pizza. 

The main trouble with appointing Bullen is I don't think he has the breadth of contacts in the game some of the others might bring. We need someone who can pry cracking loan players out of the big clubs, who can spot underused bargains we can buy cheap or lower league diamonds we can develop. That takes contacts and I doubt Bullen has them at the right level.

1 minute ago, Big Jack said:

Well because of legal matters , I doubt he is going to rush. DC trusts Bullen which is vital, he speaks to the players regularly and they sing his praises.

Whoever is the next manager, end of the day we dont want anyone who thinks they are bigger than SWFC. 

Cant see how legal matters would make any difference to appointing Bullen

Just see no reason why he would hang about if he was happy to give it bullen for the forseaable it would already have been done in my opinion 

7 minutes ago, SiJ said:

How would you feel if Bullen got the job SiJ? 

4 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Been explained a million times ,and you could do it a million times more , people will still take em as gospel 

I agree

Though bruce went 9/4 from 20/1 and yet many on here said take no notice, even when he went 1/10...eventually 1/25...some still thought it was a bookies scam

3 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Cant see how legal matters would make any difference to appointing Bullen

Just see no reason why he would hang about if he was happy to give it bullen for the forseaable it would already have been done in my opinion 

I guess he will be weighing up options..or still looking

I think we have a shortlist of maybe two or three that we think are ready to come in and do the job now and not disrupt things to much. 

If all them turn us down as it appears our number 1 target Hughton has. Then we will give it to bully.