Odds For The New Manager

6 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

It is the easy option for DC. Imo though it is a very wrong one. 

Easy, don't think so.

Historically and factually whoever takes over will have odds stacked against.

Footballers are fickle foookers, keeping a happy dressing room is half the battle. I think Bullen can do that, he knows the players he knows the club, he knows DC.

A newbie does not. Yet it seems many are willing to take a risk on others but not Bullen.

The, he couldn't attract players cos he isn't a big name is bolloxe as Norwich and the piggies and Barnsley proved last year.

We are not able to compete in the sack race...oh well, get rid, let's try another on a £4m contract or whatever

Tbh I'm not too fussed who it will be but to just rule out someone we have here already is a bit daft, especially considering the last three. Assuming Bullen really really wants the job.

Don't get me wrong he could fail, so what, every other name mentioned has at some point

9 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

Easy, don't think so.

Historically and factually whoever takes over will have odds stacked against.

Footballers are fickle foookers, keeping a happy dressing room is half the battle. I think Bullen can do that, he knows the players he knows the club, he knows DC.

A newbie does not. Yet it seems many are willing to take a risk on others but not Bullen.

The, he couldn't attract players cos he isn't a big name is bolloxe as Norwich and the piggies and Barnsley proved last year.

We are not able to compete in the sack race...oh well, get rid, let's try another on a £4m contract or whatever

Tbh I'm not too fussed who it will be but to just rule out someone we have here already is a bit daft, especially considering the last three. Assuming Bullen really really wants the job.

Don't get me wrong he could fail, so what, every other name mentioned has at some point

The comments Bullen made when he has been in charge in the past don’t bother you? Him saying players don’t know what they are doing, him almost begging DC to appoint someone else. I’m sure while things are going well Bullen will be great but when things start to go wrong, we lose 2 or 3 on the bounce and the pressure starts to get to him he won’t know where to turn, the Hull performance and subsequent comments show that. 

We need a man manager not really a coach, the players we have got are all pretty experienced pros....thats why I think Bruce did pretty well with them he knew how to manage the likes of westwood, bannan, hutch etc

Can you imagine a young up and coming guy coming in and saying for instance to a Westwood come on then out we go to train and Westwood turning round and saying nah mate I dont train on Thursdays at my age with my injuries.....I'm not saying this is true but look at Jos and how his style of management worked out. Apparently Carlos was a bit too much the other way so we need someone in between who can manage the players we have.

Also someone with a good record in the transfer market - sounds like we need Big Ron haha

58 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

It is the easy option for DC. Imo though it is a very wrong one. 

I think Bullen could do it with a coach like Stuart Gray, the coach is key if Bullen is to succeed but I gear he maybe too close to the players to make the tough decisions

Bullen is FAR from the easy option for D.C. 

He will be well aware of the risk involved with appointing Lee, and more so of losing him all together if it goes wrong 

Such an uninspiring list so far! 

If Hughton is definitely ruled out then Rowett gets the nod from me against this supposed shortlist. 

I know he didn’t pull up trees at Stoke however decent at Burton, sacked from Birmingham when they were in 7th (when Zola came in and nearly took them down) and got the playoffs with Derby. All good win % near or above 40%. Best of a bad bunch so far. 

24 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Bullen is FAR from the easy option for D.C. 

He will be well aware of the risk involved with appointing Lee, and more so of losing him all together if it goes wrong 

Think we all know him decent chap loves club very loyal but not management material. If he does not get job what will new chap do with him, having some one in your tteam who openly covets your job from day one. Most would want him well away after initial chat. He has been ill advised to make that statement it is now public knowledge and as a result his time at Wednesday has now got an expiry on it. He either gets job and gets sacked or he is moved to periphery and eventually quits.

5 minutes ago, Quist said:

Think we all know him decent chap loves club very loyal but not management material. If he does not get job what will new chap do with him, having some one in your tteam who openly covets your job from day one. Most would want him well away after initial chat. He has been ill advised to make that statement it is now public knowledge and as a result his time at Wednesday has now got an expiry on it. He either gets job and gets sacked or he is moved to periphery and eventually quits.

Dunno about that

Chansiri would prob have something to say there,  doubt Bullen leaves if he doesn’t get the gig 

Guest Ferkorf
42 minutes ago, 1993swfc said:

Awful weren’t it. I only use to get excited from throw ins.

The Good Old Days lol

51 minutes ago, Beholder said:

Megson played JOC as false 9

The kind of decisions he makes as a manager. Just no.

Won more points when JOC started than when he didn't.

FACT

As proven all those years ago.

:tongue:

• Haha 2