Odds For The New Manager

14 minutes ago, prowl said:

The main trouble with appointing Bullen is I don't think he has the breadth of contacts in the game some of the others might bring. We need someone who can pry cracking loan players out of the big clubs, who can spot underused bargains we can buy cheap or lower league diamonds we can develop. That takes contacts and I doubt Bullen has them at the right level.

This ,  he has no contacts at any level pal nevermind the right one 

Even said today that keeping McEachran wouldn’t be down to him 

Just now, Royal_D said:

This ,  he has no contacts at any level pal nevermind the right one 

Even said today that keeping McEachran wouldn’t be down to him 

Bruce had contacts galore, and yet it was Jos who found us Hector

1 hour ago, Liam_Baggies said:

He's rubbish.

Far too interested in managing his restaurants.

He got lucky that he inherited an Albion side that was far too good for this division previously.

Failed to take Villa up with resources that Wednesday would currently love. 

Cheers mate, I was just looking through the list of out of work managers and compared to some he had decent stats yet had been out of work since Villa.

I personally wanted someone high profile like GVB but if that shortlist in the Mirror is true, then I'd have Bullen short term until we can get Daniel Stendel, as none of the out of work bosses appeal to me. Then keep Bullen to help Stendel. That would be the smartest move long term. https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/sheffield-wednesday-managerial-shortlist-revealed/

Edited by The Night-Owl

29 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

I backed him before the interview, he's in contention cos he is the obvious choice....right now (zola is shorter at many bookies btw)

I backed him because i thought a good value bet...If it isn't him I don't think the new manager will be on the bookies radar yet...none in the top 10 anyhow

He was at 12s a few days ago which isn’t a bad price for the most likely interim manager if we take our sweet time. These markets are so volatile though unless you have genuine inside info

1 minute ago, Royal_D said:

Dunno what obsession with Stendel is either 

He's up and coming. The others on the list, apart from Bully, have all been sacked or walked out of jobs. They're all typical names. Stendel, is the only one on that list, that's different, forward thinking and plays attractive attacking football. Personally if that's our list, then it's a poor list and I'd go for Stendel alongside Bullen. Was hoping we'd be more ambitious and forward thinking by going for a high profile appointment like GVB but for me the next best thing is someone on the rise and on that list Stendel's the only one on the rise.

37 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

Gary Rowett seems to be getting shortened odds.

Did an excellent job at Birmingham, took Derby to the playoffs, underachieved at Stoke (but off the back of relegation I’m guessing there was a lot more wrong there than Gary Rowett).

We could do a lot worse than him.

Not my first choice but just put a tenner on him. Can see it happening

Guest Ferkorf

I hope Bullen doesn't get it. No way should he be anywhere near that job. Literally just last season he was moaning that he couldn't do it. That was after a few games. Thats not to say I don't like Bully though.

Manager wise I would pick Hughton, maybe someone like GVB would work out but other than then two maybe Rowett or Monk who have done reasonably well at clubs theres far worse out there

14 minutes ago, beswetherick said:

He was at 12s a few days ago which isn’t a bad price for the most likely interim manager if we take our sweet time. These markets are so volatile though unless you have genuine inside info

Me, god no...just thought, that's a value bet, I don't usually bet on managers at all, but I like to take a look who is on 'the list'.

Must admit I was tempted when bruce went 9/4 from nowhere, I was confident there was something in it but I couldn't see DC letting him go, didn't think he could just say bolllaxe I'm off, legally and morally.

Wish I had researched Bruce's background more...