Odds For The New Manager

8 minutes ago, s6 owl said:

One for @theowlsman

Holloway would be fun but he'd be a disaster, the likely names are getting worse, I can see why people are saying just give it to Bullen. We need to show more ambition and think outside of the box. Looking at the latest managerial trends, if these names are true, we're several years behind the more forward thinking ambitious clubs. I genuinely hope the rumoured shortlist is untrue because we should be thinking more along the lines of Bielsa and Cocu. High profile managers are attracted to the Championship with the possibility of advancing to the PL. I'd show some ambition and go for GVB or someone similar. Forget the typical names and yesterday's men.

Monk initially left Birmingham with his stock still high after a difficult campaign for the club off the pitch.

But allegations about his conduct both there and at Middlesbrough, his previous employers, have since seen his character called into question.

What did Monk do to have his 'character called into question'?

If there's anything we should have learnt from our last three appointments. It's that the managerial appointment is far more important than transfer signings. The one thing all three had in common was multiple sackings/job hopping. We have to get this appointment right to build upon the work done by Bruce. A manager with a long CV, may look good on paper but there's usually a reason for their job hopping and for them being out of work.

I'd be thinking of someone more forward thinking and on the rise, than managers who were decent a few years ago or several years ago. There's a reason most clubs today are ignoring the typical names and old school out of work managers, that find their way onto every betting list. There's more to be said of thinking outside of the box or being more forward thinking and ambitious. There are managers and coaches out there, who could be attracted to the Championship to build and progress from Bruce, we need to be more ambitious and forward thinking.

Edited by The Night-Owl
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, marcx666 said:

Not always, they don't, and see my previous comment on the Mirror 

No sometimes they have horrendous stories based on fan opinions. But if it’s a transfer rumour it will always put the source of the rumour. I’ve seen it, very insightful, one them people that just disregards any form of media because it’s the (insert newspaper name). :biggrin:

1 minute ago, WalthamOwl said:

It’s going to be Bullen. A decision that everyone will massively regret. 

I think so too. Ticks many boxes etc, but no right option for me. Love the fella, but not the one for this job right now imho.

12 minutes ago, OwlInCardiff said:

What did Monk do to have his 'character called into question'?

He became a recluse with obsessive–compulsive personality disorder after a bereavement, as a result he lost his detective job but then he got a nurse who assisted him daily, which helped him out of his house and to become a private detective... :ph34r:

tony-shalhoub-as-adrian-monk.jpg