Odds For The New Manager

45 minutes ago, The Night-Owl said:

DC's not going to hang around or mess about with this appointment. He would be majorly disappointed and will feel disrespected by Bruce and Ashley. Ignore a lot of names in the betting. Probably, no one will know what DC's planning.

I'm getting a strong feeling, this is going to be a big one or an exciting forward thinking appointment, that's going to show you don't mess DC and the Wednesday family around? Whoever it is, it's going to happen pretty swiftly, I think and the bookies probably won't even have an inkling... :ph34r: 

In my line of work I don't recommend gambling.

In fact it's wrong and naughty and you shouldn't do it.

(But if you've got the inside track let me know, in confidence, and I'll have a sneaky flutter and we'll split the winnings.)

Ahem, cough cough Amen

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, toooldforthis said:

Probably the worst choice for us...if he was any good he'd be working in Championship now

Coaching style[edit]

Darren Huckerby criticised Megson's coaching style, when explaining why he chose to sign for Norwich City, instead of Megson's West Bromwich Albion. "I told him I didn't like the way he coached, I didn't like the way he shouted at his players and didn't like the way he treated seasoned professionals like 15-year-olds. I was just being honest with him. I said: 'I've seen you on the sidelines and you look like a crazed animal'".[32] According to Huckerby, Megson's response was that "He told me that was how he had to work with his players".[32]

Huckerby?  Who cares. Crap player. 

TCOM

29 minutes ago, Rev Owl said:

In my line of work I don't recommend gambling.

In fact it's wrong and naughty and you shouldn't do it.

(But if you've got the inside track let me know, in confidence, and I'll have a sneaky flutter and we'll split the winnings.)

Ahem, cough cough Amen

Just a strong hunch and going on what I've seen, it seems like it will be done quickly. Don't know if it will even be any of the names in the betting at the moment or not but my feeling is that DC will be hurt and he won't want to mess about, he'll probably want a proper replacement, that will make a positive statement.

I've seen others saying similar things but they all seem to suggest different names. I got a good feeling though that it will be a big name appointment, either someone that's a high profile recently retired player now turned coach or the sort of name that is forward thinking and an interesting appointment.

My money would be on the likes of GVB; Arteta, Vieira, Martinez and Batistuta, etc (the names that we will realistically think are out of reach) or the likes of Cook and Stendel (managers on the rise in the EFL that promote attractive football) but whoever gets it might not even be in the betting yet and I strongly think it will be a more forward thinking appointment than our other appointments. An appointment that is more like the current trends of managerial appointments in the top two tiers rather than the usual out of work names.

Edited by The Night-Owl

1 hour ago, beswetherick said:

Some mad names on that skybet list now. Mircea Lucescu (18/1) is my new favourite choice... he’s 73 but it’ll be reyt

Saying that, just look what management does... Frank Lampard already looks like a pensioner from all the stress of managing Frank Lampard's Chelsea and the season hasn't even started yet WTF:lol

D_b61FBXsAIYAir?format=jpg&name=900x900

• Haha 8

3 hours ago, OWL1969 said:

I thought so too, but I later heard he was numbers 1 to 8 and 10 and 11.

Rumour had it, he was also all the subs too.

Either way he was a Legend.

So was number 9. 

And we had the best team in the land!

5 hours ago, iamgulasch said:

Roland Nilsson apparently in frame,

would be a decent option 

How ever much I love the idea, thats one legacy I wouldn’t want potentially tarnished if things didn’t go well...... would love him instead in a director of football role.

8 hours ago, SiJ said:

It's far too early to say. 

Out of the possible candidates, I'd have gone for Hughton, but apparently that is a no-goer. 

If it was me, I'd be pushing for Strendel at Barnsley. Think he would bring some different. 

Seems strange this board is in melt down because Bruce has resigned to get his move to Newcastle but then we are going to steal another clubs manager 3 weeks before the start of the season and that’s perfectly fine, surely it would make Strendel no better than Bruce.

To hold the moral high ground our next manager should be unemployed.

2 minutes ago, tripod said:

Seems strange this board is in melt down because Bruce has resigned to get his move to Newcastle but then we are going to steal another clubs manager 3 weeks before the start of the season and that’s perfectly fine, surely it would make Strendel no better than Bruce.

Plenty to choose from too: Hughton, Moyes, Monk, GvB to name a few. Less compensation, immediately available barring them wanting to watch ashes or something similar etc! 

6 minutes ago, tripod said:

Agree to a certain degree but there is nothing wrong with making an approach for another clubs manager as long as it is done in the right way, sounds like Bruce was the one doing the approaching, think Stendel would be an interesting choice..sounds like he likes to play good football.

8 hours ago, Bluesteel said:

Tedesco and Van Bronkhorst, I’m sure they will be fighting to come here :rolleyes:

Why not? We’re a stepping stone to a premier league job now :ph34r:

Also there’s been big names managing in this league before, Benitez, Bielsa, Luhukay 

• Haha 1

None of the available British managers hold any appeal, whereas a couple of the foreigners could be interesting However, given that we are so close to the start of the season, and so close to finalising our recruitment, do we want that potential upheaval. 

Given the situation, I favour Bullen being given the role on a temporary basis, so we can get our pre season preparations completed At least it will buy us time, and currently our aim has to be, to make this as seamless as possible

Some odds.....I'm hoping for Jol now. Managed some big clubs, has loads of contacts, is likeable, and can be a hard arese as well. 

Chris Hughton – 1/1

Gianfranco Zola – 9/2

Martin Jol – 8/1

Daniel Stendel – 8/1

Garry Monk – 10/1

David Moyes – 12/1

Gary Rowett – 12/1

Lee Bullen – 12/1

Nigel Pearson – 12/1

Aitor Karanka – 16/1

Tony Pulis – 16/1

Claude Puel – 16/1