Odds For The New Manager

1 minute ago, richowl said:

It did go under a major refurb & to be fair most of it needed doing. Bruce just pushed for it to be done.

It may well have done. 

Person who was telling me about it today said the general consensus was it was a crap refurb. 

Pinch of salt etc. 

3 hours ago, The Night-Owl said:

My thinking, is he might try something different, still got a hunch he might go with the latest managerial appointment trends. The trend seems to be to avoid out of work typical experienced types with long CVs and going with recently retired players, foreign imports who have been involved with fashionable clubs and lower league graduates or EFL managers on the rise. I'd go for someone like Paul Cook.

Paul cook would buck the trend though as he’s experienced, has a long cv and is far from trendy. But his teams play some nice stuff.

Just now, Stoop said:

I think it’s got to be a household name. If another Jos Luhukay type strolls into middlewood I can see the players getting pretty demoralised very quickly 

I'm not fussed about whether it's a household name per se...just want someone who can come in and lift the place. 

A Strendel for instance isn't a big name, but you could see him coming in and making an impact. 

Probably wishful thinking that we will end up with someone like that though. 

2 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Heard a few interesting stories about some of Bruce's work behind the scenes. 

Apparently, the training ground underwent a major refurb on his request and is actually far worse for it. 

General gist is most of it was done in order for Bruce to have a larger office. 

Make of that what you will. 

Don’t know about that, but I doubt training ground refurb would make things worse. Bruce really isn’t the evil genius people are portraying him as. 

But I meant bringing in Agnew, Clemence, Strudwick and Downes for recruitment. Three shrewd signings too. 

Bruce was doing well here and we were in safe hands until this happened. Now I fear we will go back to relying on Chansiri’s advisor. I fear Chansiri will feel hurt by this and will maybe go back to his old ways of doing things. Bruce had more control than both Carlos and Jos. I don’t think the next manager will be given the same autonomy.

2 minutes ago, SiJ said:

I'm not fussed about whether it's a household name per se...just want someone who can come in and lift the place. 

A Strendel for instance isn't a big name, but you could see him coming in and making an impact. 

Probably wishful thinking that we will end up with someone like that though. 

But Strendel might have to do a Bruce to get his move

:Chansiri:

2 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Of the names linked who would you be happy with? Who do you think will be the new manager? 

It's far too early to say. 

Out of the possible candidates, I'd have gone for Hughton, but apparently that is a no-goer. 

If it was me, I'd be pushing for Strendel at Barnsley. Think he would bring some different. 

Edited by SiJ

Guest Grez Bez

I'd like the Neville's to get it. Very different, good career as a pro. Worked under and with the best....

1 hour ago, dfoster said:

I'm not one to claim to be ITK but I do know that we've spoken to a very highly rated young manager of a totally different profile to the type DC used to look at. This one wont be happening but I am encouraged because this approach was the exact opposite of the Doyen / Paixao model. 

Fingers crossed we get this one right 

If it won’t happen can you say who it is?