Odds For The New Manager

2 minutes ago, Ronnie Starling said:

I dont think it would be the end of the world with either of those two. Championship experience is what we need.

Exactly wouldn't have been and great as Hughton but I wouldn't be unhappy with them.

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Zola would make me cry. In fact most on that list would. 

Stendel, Cook or Hughton the only names I like the sound of. 

I’d be amazed if Chansiri is willing to tap someone else’s manager up,  Houghton is clearly a no-go 

50 minutes ago, Ever the pessimist said:

I have read it that we did not agree compo until after Bruce resigned and brought it all to a head. For some reason this seems to have put a bit of urgency into Ashley. 

From what I can gather, MAshley sent over an improved offer of 4m for his compo, and before we could reply, Bruce and his team tendered his resignation.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Ronnie Starling said:

I dont think it would be the end of the world with either of those two. Championship experience is what we need.

I agree.

I wouldn't be overly happy but can see both of these have good experience over the likes of Zola and some randomer from the Romanian Liga II.

If we're going for championship experience though and Hughton is out of the question, first port of call has to be Aitor Karanka.

Just had a look at Dan Petrescu's current status and he seems to have had a bit of a journeyman career of late. Managerial career started strongly but he seems to have gone a bit wayward. 

He was linked to us before Carlos came to the club. 

Chansiri's appointments have been so varied its very difficult to judge the next boss. Could be experienced in English football like Bruce or could be an oddball like Jos / Carlos. 

Personally cant see it being an up and comer from the English league system. 

Probably should take the bookies odds with a pinch of salt. Serious question as I ain't sure but did they accurately get a wind of our other 3 appointments under DC? I don't think DC would want to mess this appointment up because of how he must be feeling disappointed over losing Bruce. For that reason, I'm thinking it could be an exciting, smart or interesting appointment.

Edited by The Night-Owl

Unrealistic but '...and… I’ll tell you, honestly, I will love it... I would absolutely, love it...' if we ended up with one of the names that turned down the Newcastle job. :ghoulguy: It would be worth it just to give some karma to the Geordies and most of all karma and pay back to smug Ashley. lol

Edited by The Night-Owl

Friend of mine in Romania who supports Dinamo said he saw Balint at Otopeni airport Sunday evening.

My friend was going to Constanta to see the Dinamo match last night. 

Wizz fly Bucharest to Doncaster on Sunday evenings. 

Only reason he recognised Balint is because he managed Snagov, the place my GF is from. 

Small world....

12 minutes ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

Friend of mine in Romania who supports Dinamo said he saw Balint at Otopeni airport Sunday evening.

Only reason he recognised Balint is because he managed Snagov, the place my GF is from. 

Small world....

Owlstalk at it's finest.

:duntmatter:

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, pazowl55 said:

I can see it being a safe pair of championship hands that are not overly unliked or unwanted by most clubs fans.

That's why I think its between Rowett and Monk.

You could be correct.

I would have liked Monk but allegations hanging over him are not good and if true he nor agent should work in football again.

he allegations do come from Gibson so may not be true.

Rowett did well until Stoke but is mercenary and if he id well here would jump ship at first opportunity.

He is substantially better than numerous names on list and in out of work English managers only Houghton would seem more eligible.

12 minutes ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

Small world....

an interesting story for a dinner party, your future wedding reception or to tell the grandchildren one-day... :ph34r::ghoulguy:

• Haha 2

Guest Ferkorf
37 minutes ago, DIPPS_S.W.F.C said:

Get Di Canio and Benny in....

Just got rid of one snake why bring in 2 more that didn't want to be here