Odds For The New Manager

3 minutes ago, dfoster said:

I'm not one to claim to be ITK but I do know that we've spoken to a very highly rated young manager of a totally different profile to the type DC used to look at. This one wont be happening but I am encouraged because this approach was the exact opposite of the Doyen / Paixao model. 

Fingers crossed we get this one right 

I have no reason to believe you or to doubt you but this is something I'd been suggesting DC might do. Because there seems a trend in recent managerial appointments to be more forward thinking by ignoring the usual out of work old school types. And instead going for recently retired players/turned coaches with links and contacts with big clubs; foreign coaches with pedigree or links to fashionable clubs and their academies, and lower league graduates or managers on the rise within the EFL. I've got a strong feeling that DC will go the forward thinking route, in a way to generate interest, to develop links for loan players and a way of progressing and building upon Bruce's foundations in a similar way as Villa.

37 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Faith Tekke now 6/1. fizz me. 

Fear not, comes highly recommended by Steve Bruce. Chatted to him twice a day  7 days a week for 5 months down at his local kebab shop. There's nothing Bruce knows that he doesn't, he's ready

17 minutes ago, SupremeOwl said:

He doesn't want it.

bullen must not get the job , luv him to bits ,he has blue blood but we need a manager . no probs when bullen gets to be our caretaker that's it . he must get worried every time manager changes as a new man might not want him here. 

15 minutes ago, The Night-Owl said:

I have no reason to believe you or to doubt you but this is something I'd been suggesting DC might do. Because there seems a trend in recent managerial appointments to be more forward thinking by ignoring the usual out of work old school types. And instead going for recently retired players/turned coaches with links and contacts with big clubs; foreign coaches with pedigree or links to fashionable clubs and their academies, and lower league graduates or managers on the rise within the EFL. I've got a strong feeling that DC will go the forward thinking route, in a way to generate interest, to develop links for loan players and a way of progressing and building upon Bruce's foundations in a similar way as Villa.

This guy would have been a big risk. That said, you are right that it would have been in line with trend ot bucking the merry-go-round approach.

It is obvious to me that someone who knows their stuff is advising DC on this. There is no way that the man who sent us Carlos and Jos could possibly have proposed this guy

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

We’ve got a good amount of money from the compensation. Why not go and get a manager that’s already in a job?

Exactly, we should be ambitious and forward thinking. Why just limit ourselves to the usual out of work suspects, most of which are out of work for a reason? When we could be more progressive and forward thinking by poaching someone else's manager or going after a manager on the rise or giving a chance to a recently retired high profile player turned coach.

Tbf he did a sterling job with us.

What was it 2 wins in 24 i think. Little git nearly relegated us untill we threw millions at harry to save us.

Nice bloke. Dreadful manager. 

Edited by BrumBlue

Highly unlikely but it would be hilarious and a statement of intent if we got one of the names that turned down Ashley. That would wipe his smug grin off his fat face and the Toon Army would give him even more stick for bringing in Bruce, whilst Championship clubs show more ambition and have more appeal than them.

Edited by The Night-Owl

Guest Theboylangers
1 hour ago, SupremeOwl said:

It's a wind up.

It's actually a smoke screen. 

We're after his brother, Fatih Bum-Bum.