Odds For The New Manager

5 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Yep, defo going for Stendel.

Just be worth it to see Sally have a meltdown (again). 

I think it would be the best appointment and i’d have no problem with it. I’m not the one throwing my toys out the pram because Steve Bruce has left us. Like you say, it’s football. 

Also you’re naive to think what Bruce has done is not standard practice in football. Carlos had his agent talking to Swansea whilst with us. Every football manager does it. Wrong yes, but Bruce certainly isn’t unique in doing it.

12 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

I have no problem with it, it’s football. I’m just saying people were quick to call Newcastle and Bruce everything under the sun for this move. But if we employed Stendel, what makes us any different?

This is why I don’t get all the abuse for Bruce. This happens all the time in football. We are just not used to it because we are not a selling club. 

I think the abuse for Bruce (aboot this hoose) has been as a result of his conduct. The pretence that this has ‘come out of the blue’ and he ‘will be leaving it to the clubs’ before doing the exact opposite is what has annoyed people, totally legitimately imo.

As for abuse of Newcastle, I again think that’s specific to the horrible asset stripper Mike Ashley, rather than the club, as well as the fact Bruce has clearly been tapped up. 

If we make an official approach for an employed manager and conduct ourselves properly, I don’t have a problem with it.

Just now, SallyCinnamon said:

Also you’re naive to think what Bruce has done is not standard practice in football. Carlos had his agent talking to Swansea whilst with us. Every football manager does it. Wrong yes, but Bruce certainly isn’t unique in doing it.

I'm fully aware of how football works. Stop trying to patronise people.

Just because it happens, doesn't mean I have to agree with it.

Two completely different things. 

20 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

I have no problem with it, it’s football. I’m just saying people were quick to call Newcastle and Bruce everything under the sun for this move. But if we employed Stendel, what makes us any different?

This is why I don’t get all the abuse for Bruce. This happens all the time in football. We are just not used to it because we are not a selling club. 

It would be very very different if we approached the club, ascertained the contractual requirement for compensation, agreed to pay it, were granted permission to speak to the manager and agreed the terms of his new contract.

Just now, Sonny said:

It would be very very different if we approached the club, ascertained the contractual requirement for compensation, agreed to pay it, were granted permission to speak to the manager and agreed the terms of his new contract.

Newcastle did approach us. Chansiri gave Bruce permission to speak to Newcastle. According to Nixon have agreed to pay the compensation (most clubs haggle over compensation for managers).

Am I missing something here?

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Newcastle did approach us. Chansiri gave Bruce permission to speak to Newcastle. According to Nixon have agreed to pay the compensation (most clubs haggle over compensation for managers).

Am I missing something here?

The part where Bruce and his staff resigned is quite important. 

23 minutes ago, Jakes Grandad said:

No thank you, don't think he did a fantastic job at Birmingham, just ok. Crap at Derby and Stoke

Not quite sure how you can say he just did an ok job at Brum, he performed miracles to get that side anywhere near the top half of the table.

Just now, Ever the pessimist said:

I have read it that we did not agree compo until after Bruce resigned and brought it all to a head. For some reason this seems to have put a bit of urgency into Ashley. 

Same.

Think it is also pretty much accepted that Newcastle and Bruce have been actively courting each other a few weeks prior to any official approach.

And yes, Sally, I'm aware this sort of thing happens in Football. 

2 minutes ago, SiJ said:

The part where Bruce and his staff resigned is quite important. 

Again have we had official confirmation of that? 

Do you know the ins and outs of the negotiations, the contracts and clauses of Bruce and his backroom staff? The figure has changed from 1m to 2m to 4m in the past week! 

So until we hear both the club and Bruce’s side of the story, we won’t know exactly what has gone of. It is all just still speculation.

Edited by SallyCinnamon

Again have we had official confirmation of that? 

Do you know the ins and outs of the negotiations, the contracts and clauses of Bruce and his backroom staff? The figure has changed from 1m to 2m to 4m in the past week. 

So until we hear both the club and Bruce’s side of the story, we won’t know exactly what has gone of. It is all just still speculation.

Tbf, you didn't know any of the ins and outs a few days ago and yet were blaming Chansiri for the entire situation...

• Thanks 1

Just now, SiJ said:

Tbf, you didn't know any of the ins and outs a few days ago and yet were blaming Chansiri for the entire situation...

Jumped the gun on that one I’ll admit, annoyed over the situation. Held my hands up. Still think there is more to this than Bruce being a snake.

If Bruce resigning did push through the move. I think that is the best thing he could have done. Clear he didn’t want to be here and if the 4m compo figure is correct, that’s a pretty good deal. 

1 minute ago, Windygrowler said:

And the part that he clearly lied about his intentions.....

Only came to light 2 to 3 days ago...

Bit like Carlos magically walking into the Swansea job a day or two after leaving us.

Pretty obvious what's been going on. 

Jumped the gun on that one I’ll admit, annoyed over the situation. Held my hands up. Still think there is more to this than Bruce being a snake.

If Bruce resigning did push through the move. I think that is the best thing he could have done. Clear he didn’t want to be here and if the 4m compo figure is correct, that’s a pretty good deal. 

Yes, the fact it is seemingly resolved is a good thing.

It has already derailed our pre season enough, without it developing into a protracted saga.