Odds For The New Manager

Told a few min ago by a mate of mine to put money on Martin Jol 

wouldn’t be my choice but fear Chansiri May like look of the big clubs on his CV 

3 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

wouldn’t be my choice but fear Chansiri May like look of the big clubs on his CV 

I heard whispers about Martin Jol , when brucegate started, no idea if any truth in it though lol

5 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Wouldn’t be my first choice at all but would have him over Zola. 

Would like Paul Cook like many have said, however I just can not see it. Zola seems so far out of the wilderness, living in Birmingham and seeing the absolute shower he helped turn Birmingham city into I would be very fearful with him here. I remember the game at Hillsborough 3-0 Rhodes first home game and they were truly awful that evening and for much of his spell in charge they were a poor side. Took Redknap to keep them up. 

As was shown last season we are not a side who can play naturally out from defence and that is very much what he tried to do there so is a massive no from me. Jakanovic was one of my choices pre Bruce and had he not just taken a job on the other side of the planet would have been the obvious choice IMO. Currently however I am like everyone else just blindly flailing around in the dark. Anyway on to Northampton tonight, see you down there. 

If we get anywhere near £5m off fat boy I do really feel we should go and get Paul Cook but I doubt he’s on Chansiri radar , he wants a name 

fully expect him to go after someone mad like he did with Villas Boas and Fonseca,  might even try and speak to Allardyce 

2 hours ago, Jakes Grandad said:

No thank you, don't think he did a fantastic job at Birmingham, just ok. Crap at Derby and Stoke

At Birmingham rescued them from relegation and took them from 21st in league up to 10th in half a season.  Following year, with an average at best squad and little funds had them in 7th challenging for play offs and over performimg only to be undeservedly sacked and replaced by Zola who frittered funds and then won 2 in 24.

9 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

I hope Mr C has got over his phase of looking at unknown foreign coaches with little on their CVs.

That would be a good start.

No Billy Von Tinkelwinkle from Armenian 2nd Division side FC Surefire Batteries etc.

Why.... Sounds great.

We got Tinkelwinkle 

We got Tinklewinkle 

La la la la..

lol

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Royal_D said:

If we get anywhere near £5m off fat boy I do really feel we should go and get Paul Cook but I doubt he’s on Chansiri radar , he wants a name 

fully expect him to go after someone mad like he did with Villas Boas and Fonseca,  might even try and speak to Allardyce 

That's my thinking too. I don't think he will want to mess about with this appointment. It could be a big name, someone high profile with contacts or links to big clubs. Got a good feeling about it, that it could be an appointment that makes a statement, and that there might be something in the GVB rumours or it might be someone similar.Also, if there's something in the Zola or Jol odds, might we be thinking of a double team or DOF or something like that? 

We are not far off being a very good side. The foundations have been set for us to be attacking next season. This rules out managers such as Karanka, Pulis, Carlos and most of the old school british managers on offer.

I think we need someone up and coming who buys into the high intensity, attack at all costs mentality. I know we all hate him but there has to be another Wilder out there who is not a pig.