Odds For The New Manager

9 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

Think he was in the right place at the right time, Chelsea ain't bothered just a small change punt at £5 or 6m.

He will be working for sky in a few months and prob on as much dosh.

To be fair if you take an average championship club and add the loan players they got in Mount, Wilson and Timori you are going to improve it massively aren’t you. I do like Lampard but he was massively helped by his status in the game and connections..

Just now, Sticky belly said:

To be fair if you take an average championship club and add the loan players they got in Mount, Wilson and Timori you are going to improve it massively aren’t you. I do like Lampard but he was massively helped by his status in the game and connections..

Yeah, like every season for the last zillion they failed to go up..even with a massive name like lampard and his big connections..seems to me he was just the same as the previous

Guest domSWFC

I'm not really sure how a typical "Rowett team" plays. Can anyone shed any light on how you'd expect us to play under him? 

Looking at his stats he's won more games than he's lost at every one of his jobs. Also in his full season at Derby he had a better points per game ratio than Lampard had. 

5 minutes ago, owlZfan84 said:

Nixon claiming that we're 'still taking names' and 'new ones coming up all the time'.

Not sure if that's a good or bad statement TBH.

In other words, Nixon knows as much as the rest of us ie nothing, and is keeping his option open.

I wonder if all the people who don't judge Rowett on his failure at Stoke are the same ones who call Paul Jewell a terrible manager because he was gash with us but great everywhere else.

Personally I don't judge Rowett on his time with Stoke because it was clearly a poisoned chalice. However his failure to win anything or ever get promoted at his three previous clubs is what I do hold against him.

I can’t help but think Pulis might be our best bet to gaining promotion 

Apart from at Middlesbrough, he’s done an excellent job everywhere he’s been, especially so at Stoke city.

His sides are extremely strong at the back, well organised and fit. Nobody was complaining in the 80’s when Wilkinson dragged the club up playing this way. Sometimes it’s about getting the job done, not how pleasing on the eye it is 

Edited by Stoop

7 minutes ago, George said:

I wonder if all the people who don't judge Rowett on his failure at Stoke are the same ones who call Paul Jewell a terrible manager because he was gash with us but great everywhere else.

Personally I don't judge Rowett on his time with Stoke because it was clearly a poisoned chalice. However his failure to win anything or ever get promoted at his three previous clubs is what I do hold against him.

But "success" is relative, didn't win anything at Burton but did a bloody good job, at Birmingham took them from bottom of league to pushing for play off spot before harshly sacked to appoint zola.

At Derby they were challenging all season without spending much.  Just had bad luck with injuries running upto play offs...

Guest wilyfox
17 minutes ago, Stoop said:

Apart from at Middlesbrough, he’s done an excellent job everywhere he’s been, especially so at Stoke city.

His sides are extremely strong at the back, well organised and fit. Nobody was complaining in the 80’s when Wilkinson dragged the club up playing this way. Sometimes it’s about getting the job done, not how pleasing on the eye it is 

Yep. If Hughton don't want it, big Tone gets my vote. 

3 minutes ago, Rogerwyldesmullet said:

TP? Yikes.

Gary Megson is the thinking mans Tony Pulis. If you are going for a Bilko style “everyone has to be 6foot two minimum apart from Andy Blair/ Barry Bannan we may as well sound the Unicorn horns around Grenoside and bring back the Ginger Messiah.

#unfinishedbusiness

Now you're talking!

garymegson

I'm not really keen on any of the names brought up other than Hughton and GVB so I don't have a clue what we do tbh. 

I do feel for Chansiri for this, probably our most important managerial appointment considering the current circumstances and there is quite possibly the worst pool of candidates available, so much so that anyone we go for will just be getting a job because they are the least worst.

This whole situation is awful tbh.

25 minutes ago, Stoop said:

Stoke are the only team that he has been promoted to the premier league with.

Quite revealing that there is no ITK journos or the usual jokers on here about this. The bookies are laying different favourites every other day trying to milk the market. Literally nobody has a scooby who or what Chansiri is thinking or doing. Hopefully he’s got something up his sleeve and sharpish would like something ideally before the weekend but I can understand why he is not rushing this as it’s a big appointment in a seemingly underwhelming market place. This may rumble on a while longer.

28 minutes ago, Stoop said:

That's the problem for me, it's 2019 and football has evolved. Pulis hasn't. 

Guest wilyfox
6 minutes ago, DELUDED OWL said:

Stoke are the only team that he has been promoted to the premier league with.

..and bar Hughton, which other managers we've been linked with have won promotion to the premier league? 

Big Tone got them up, and kept them there year after year after year, 

2 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

..and bar Hughton, which other managers we've been linked with have won promotion to the premier league? 

Big Tone got them up, and kept them there year after year after year, 

Its not about who we've been linked with,christ any bugger with a name seems to be on the list of potentials,yeh he got them up,good for them.

He'd be way,way,way down on my list of possibles.