Odds For The New Manager

15 minutes ago, striker said:

That's the problem for me, it's 2019 and football has evolved. Pulis hasn't. 

Yep, a lot like that, Mourhino being another example. Obviously on a different level but both adopt  an approach that has become outdated and ineffective.

1 hour ago, George said:

I wonder if all the people who don't judge Rowett on his failure at Stoke are the same ones who call Paul Jewell a terrible manager because he was gash with us but great everywhere else.

Personally I don't judge Rowett on his time with Stoke because it was clearly a poisoned chalice. However his failure to win anything or ever get promoted at his three previous clubs is what I do hold against him.

He has a promotion with Burton, albeit it was a promotion to League One, but then the following season left with Burton 2nd in League One to take the Birmingham job.

I hope Nixon is right and DC is keeping options open, there's no need to rush into making an appointment at this stage. Bullen can just carry on whatever Bruce was doing tactically, and training wise, as well as even maybe pursuing his transfer targets. If we end up in a shocking situation 5 games into the season then maybe he'll have to act a bit faster, but I'm definitely not panicking at this stage, I'd actually be surprised if we have a new manager in charged for Reading.

Guest wilyfox
1 minute ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

I hope Nixon is right and DC is keeping options open, there's no need to rush into making an appointment at this stage. Bullen can just carry on whatever Bruce was doing tactically, and training wise, as well as even maybe pursuing his transfer targets. If we end up in a shocking situation 5 games into the season then maybe he'll have to act a bit faster, but I'm definitely not panicking at this stage, I'd actually be surprised if we have a new manager in charged for Reading.

And you believe those targets would sign for Bullen or a manager-less Wednesday? 

Guest wilyfox
1 minute ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

Correct, because players go where they are paid, football isn't as sentimental as some would like to think.

Players care about money, club status, and who the manager is when choosing their next club. Bullen would not be a draw. Naive to think having Bullen - or worse still no manager - in place won't harm our recruitment. 

Had we finished our recruitment for the summer, or the window had shut before Bruce had left, then yes I'd say stick with Bullen to buy Chansiri time: but that's not the case. 

Don’t think it’s anywhere near sorted is it 

Still think if Chansiri wants Hughton or whoever his top target is he won’t give up till it’s an absolute no go 

Guest wilyfox
1 minute ago, Royal_D said:

Still think if Chansiri wants Hughton or whoever his top target is he won’t give up till it’s an absolute no go 

Nope. That is my criticism of DC. People complain about choices he's made running the club, but my grumble is the slow nature of things happening. The wheels turn too slow. Everything is long and drawn out, when sometimes he needs to be quick and decisive with a robust response. 

if we don't have a new manager in place asp the season has to be written off , certain areas we are very weak ie left back, centre mid ,centre half . can we or cant we sign players? if we are banned from signing loans with fees, or transfer fees then I sort of get why we aint a manager in place as a new man wont be able to bring anyone in. if hutch gets injured exactly what are we going to do in centre mid? I think we would already have a manager but the league aint given us the go ahead to sign anyone , all what we signed were out of contract and allowed.

19 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

And you believe those targets would sign for Bullen or a manager-less Wednesday? 

This is my worry, no player of ability is likely to sign for a managerless team. As I keep saying we really don’t have the luxury of seeing how Bullen does or bringing a young inexperienced hungry manger.

No promotion will probably mean financial meltdown next season and few people seem to be taking that into account. 

9 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Hope you’re right lol