Odds For The New Manager

7 minutes ago, Plonk said:

whoeverit is is obviously proving hard to land. Which hopefully means it’s someone goodnot the unemployed dross we keep getting linked with

or the deal is already done and DC is waiting till he’s back in the country to make the announcement 

Guest domSWFC

Obviously The Star isn't always gospel, but their comments regarding Rowett and him not being able to get a look in for the position could mean 2 things. 

1 - We were aiming high and got knocked back multiple times we had to consider less ambitious options. 

2 - We had a huge influx of people interested and took our time to filter down our options,with Rowett making the cut. 

One thing is certain. Rowett is a better option than Zola, Coleman, Megson or Bullen. 

1 minute ago, domSWFC said:

Obviously The Star isn't always gospel, but their comments regarding Rowett and him not being able to get a look in for the position could mean 2 things. 

1 - We were aiming high and got knocked back multiple times we had to consider less ambitious options. 

2 - We had a huge influx of people interested and took our time to filter down our options,with Rowett making the cut. 

One thing is certain. Rowett is a better option than Zola, Coleman, Megson or Bullen. 

Yeah it’s a funny thing to say. Rowett is a decent manager with a pretty good record in the Championship. Surely someone of that standard should have no problem getting a look in. 

Its funny people question Rowetts success at Derby but Lampard is deemed to have been succesful yet both finished 6th during there only full seasons. 

Yes Lampard made the playoff final and Rowett didn't but we all know they are a lottery. 

He was s**t at Stoke so i wont argue his case on that one. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, HighworthOwl said:

Its funny people question Rowetts success at Derby but Lampard is deemed to have been succesful yet both finished 6th during there only full seasons. 

Yes Lampard made the playoff final and Rowett didn't but we all know they are a lottery. 

His successor has been even worse

3 hours ago, Jesus said:

Why not?

Cos he wants days off over the easter period and xmas, plus he won't work sundays.

A big no no from the football governors, or sky for short.

And he says 5000 fans would need to share a pie between em.

Can't see him being a fans fav tbh.

28 minutes ago, HighworthOwl said:

Lampard is a genius with an outrageous IQ.

Managing a team coming down from

the premier league is often tough particularly if you’re a new appointment after relegation which I think Rowett was. Wouldn’t judge him too harshly on that. Rowett did alright with burton, Birmingham and derby. Out of the others in the list to date he’d be a decent appointment imo 

4 minutes ago, Hitcat said:

Lampard is a genius with an outrageous IQ.

Think he was in the right place at the right time, Chelsea ain't bothered just a small change punt at £5 or 6m.

He will be working for sky in a few months and prob on as much dosh.

13 minutes ago, flo said:

Ive got an interview with Chansiri for the manager vacancy at Hillsborough. Will update with how I get on. 

When you come out from your interview if Pulis, Holloway, Monk, Zola, Megson or Carlos are waiting to go in tell them "Mr Chansiri has asked me to tell you all to feck off, he's not made its mind up yet on who the new manager will be, but it certainly won't be any of you useless fekkers".

Edited by mogbad