Odds For The New Manager

1 hour ago, wilyfox said:

Nope. That is my criticism of DC. People complain about choices he's made running the club, but my grumble is the slow nature of things happening. The wheels turn too slow. Everything is long and drawn out, when sometimes he needs to be quick and decisive with a robust response. 

my criticisms of DC are  many over a few areas  which for the most part are his decisions born from his personality it isn't going to change and his connections who dont' seem to either

however over this particular episode I'm still 100% behind his handling of this bruce aftermath, the public face anyway, doubt many if any know what is actually happening 

I'm totally aware how close we are to the season start but  i really don't think he should be knee jerked into an appointment  or criticised for not having a replacement in before bruce ordered his first geordie kebab

he needs to get it right - I sincerely hope he does 

• Like 2

I think it’s a big appointment but I think there are some good candidates for where we are at realistically staring us in the face. Rowett in particular. 

We move far too slowly in every respect. Wait to long and some of these will find work elsewhere.

3 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

I think it’s a big appointment but I think there are some good candidates for where we are at realistically staring us in the face. Rowett in particular. 

We move far too slowly in every respect. Wait to long and some of these will find work elsewhere.

Which is why the likes of Rowett, Pulis, Coleman etc have been out of work for ages, no one wants them. So the chances of them finding work elsewhere in the next week while we work out what we want, are minuscule

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, marcx666 said:

Which is why the likes of Rowett, Pulis, Coleman etc have been out of work for ages, no one wants them. So the chances of them finding work elsewhere in the next week while we work out what we want, are minuscule

I’m not talking about the next week. Taking a couple of weeks is understandable, but If we get into a see how Bullen gets on situation that’s quite different.

They haven’t been out of work that long.Just wait til September when a couple of managers go and the key names will dissapear.

Edited by Bluesteel

Guest wilyfox
1 minute ago, steelowl said:

my criticisms of DC are  many over a few areas  which for the most part are his decisions born from his personality it isn't going to change and his connections who dont' seem to either

however over this particular episode I'm still 100% behind his handling of this bruce aftermath, the public face anyway, doubt many if any know what is actually happening 

I'm totally aware how close we are to the season start but  i really don't think he should be knee jerked into an appointment  or criticised for not having a replacement in before bruce ordered his first geordie kebab

If he were to appoint a manager today, would that be knee-jerk? A slow appointment does not guarantee a right one. Some decisions are harder to make when you over-analyse and dwell. It needs to be someone that has put themselves forward for the job. I don't like the thought of persuading someone to take it. We've just had an uncommitted manager. Don't want another. DC has the list...get on and pick one. 

8 minutes ago, steelowl said:

Yes big decision, Shish or Doner, maybe the house special which is a bit of everything. Go for it, one of each you greedy fat bast.....

1 minute ago, wilyfox said:

If he were to appoint a manager today, would that be knee-jerk? A slow appointment does not guarantee a right one. Some decisions are harder to make when you over-analyse and dwell. It needs to be someone that has put themselves forward for the job. I don't like the thought of persuading someone to take it. We've just had an uncommitted manager. Don't want another. DC has the list...get on and pick one. 

of course not fox but some have been demanding an appointment since bruce left I just want him to research all the available possibilities 

Guest wilyfox
1 minute ago, steelowl said:

of course not fox but some have been demanding an appointment since bruce left I just want him to research all the available possibilities 

Christ, don't say that. He'd never make an appointment... garymegson

8 minutes ago, modboy said:

16 days til the transfer window.... Tick tock 

Concerning that. We have a decent squad but to really compete we need further additions ASAP. We are already going to start the season on the back foot, players arriving last minute won’t help this. 

8 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

By which time Bullen could have taken us well and truly out of contention, à la 2018/19 Luhukay.

Maybe so. I just can't see myself looking back to 2019 in 5 years time and ruing the day we missed out on Tony Pulis

I wouldn’t be surprised at all if Holloway got the job. Whether he’s the best man or not, he is an English manager with a promotion from the Championship on his CV (criteria we are led to believe Mr C wants the candidate to meet), he had the well publicised love affair with us (albeit via Carvalhal) a couple of seasons ago and I think he could blow enough smoke up Mr C’s arse to charm in an interview. 

Edited by shandypants